or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X5 Thread - Page 335

post #5011 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaHawkeye View Post

Does the X5 have a built in amp, or will I need to buy one? I have a pair of JH Roxanne's on order that should be here by April 7, however currently using my iPhone 5 for music, with no amp or accessories besides my headphones.

I've also never heard true lossless music before, where do I obtain it?

It has a decent internal amp. Lossless you can rip from cd or buy them from vendors such as hd tracks.

post #5012 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 

I don't know...blue, red, or even gold would look pretty cool! :cool:

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

I was thinking leopard print to really stand out from the competition!

post #5013 of 19490

Also checkout Acoustic Sounds, which also has DSD if you want to go that route.

post #5014 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaHawkeye View Post

Does the X5 have a built in amp, or will I need to buy one? I have a pair of JH Roxanne's on order that should be here by April 7, however currently using my iPhone 5 for music, with no amp or accessories besides my headphones.

I've also never heard true lossless music before, where do I obtain it?

If you rip a CD in iTunes, adjust settings: Edit -->Preferences-->Import Settings (on line that says "when you insert a CD"), then choose WAV, Apple lossless, AIFF, all various versions of lossless recording.  There are higher definition recordings available, but Apple idevices don't play them. With the settings I mentioned, your recordings will playback at CD quality.  You could start ripping your CD's in lossless before you get the X5.


Edited by fiascogarcia - 3/6/14 at 10:31am
post #5015 of 19490
Zx1 or Fiio X5? Going to order one tonight just not sure which one.

Which one has better sound/features?

I listen mainly to rap/hip hop, with a lot of country and blues and "house music" techno thrown in
post #5016 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by IaHawkeye View Post

Going to order one tonight

 

Let me know where you find one for sale :P

post #5017 of 19490

Preorder counts as ordering ;)

post #5018 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post
 

Preorder counts as ordering ;)

True! Where is the best place to pre-order? I would rather not spend $480 if it will sell for $350.

I'm also a little confused on what will happen when it's released.. will the average consumer in the US be able to purchase it somewhere, or is it mainly for resellers?

post #5019 of 19490

Thanks Bowei006!

 

Much appreciate confimation!

post #5020 of 19490

 

It's out.

 

The 3 part series review of the FiiO X5. 

post #5021 of 19490

Awesome review!!!

post #5022 of 19490

Thanks.

 

A shorter 5min review will be posted tomorrow for those that don't want to watch a movie on the X5 :rolleyes:

post #5023 of 19490

Some sneak peeks of my review (nope, no photoshop needed for all my shots):

 

And another shot cos' someone suggested that aside from taking pictures of the X5, we should take pictures with the X5 too! :D

 

post #5024 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post
 

I don't know...blue, red, or even gold would look pretty cool! :cool:

 

Cheers!:beerchug:

-HK sends

 

 

Does anyone know if you can take the housing apart? 

 

As i have my own aluminium product on sale i am quite tempted to anodize it in some fancy colour.

I check now if X5 is aluminium. :-)

 

P.S.: Bamm ... aluminium. I will try to anodize mine, just need to check if you can take all parts off


Edited by slame - 3/7/14 at 12:56am
post #5025 of 19490
Quote:
Originally Posted by slame View Post


Does anyone know if you can take the housing apart? 

As i have my own aluminium product on sale i am quite tempted to anodize it in some fancy colour.
I check now if X5 is aluminium. :-)

P.S.: Bamm ... aluminium. I will try to anodize mine, just need to check if you can take all parts off

If that's possible, i think you'll get a lot of customers. i'd love to have the X5 in black/red.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X5 Thread