Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 - Page 136

post #2026 of 7281

he he...lol. No. Let's wait some more to pour.

post #2027 of 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
 

 

oh boy! look out the teaser......just like "conan the barbarian".:regular_smile :  I guessed why those 2 blades (sword) for? :wink:

 

 

Hiding those buttons.... :wink_face: 

post #2028 of 7281

2 blades be a "X"

post #2029 of 7281
So that's why James didn't answer some of our questions here. His busy rolleyes.gif but that's a good thing "a successful businessman is the one who's always busy"
post #2030 of 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post

So that's why James didn't answer some of our questions here. His busy rolleyes.gif but that's a good thing "a successful businessman is the one who's always busy"

James hasn't been answering any questions because he's been fighting some health issues. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery though... continued well wishes James! May your journey on the road to good health be a short one!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693309/fiio-newsflash-james-latest-firmware-update-cures-cancer-we-hope

Dale
post #2031 of 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentXXL View Post


James hasn't been answering any questions because he's been fighting some health issues. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery though... continued well wishes James! May your journey on the road to good health be a short one!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/693309/fiio-newsflash-james-latest-firmware-update-cures-cancer-we-hope

Dale

WHATTTTTTT HOW CAN I NOT KNOW THAT? :o

post #2032 of 7281

S**t... Best wishes James, hope to see you healthy again.

post #2033 of 7281

No words to express as he's stronger than us............BUT,  Wishing our James to recover soon to see him back here in our Head-fi community as "JamesFiiO" for the completeness.

post #2034 of 7281
Stay strong James!

Btw, not trying to be an @**hole or anything but I'm curious if the X5 will share the same distortions with mp3 decoding that can almost only be heard on quiet songs.. Will it? If so, I wish by the time X5 is released internationally, they have already addressed the issue with X3 and will not be present in X5 and X1.. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2035 of 7281
wanting this.
post #2036 of 7281

Will this be a better investment vs say the IBasso DX50 ? I want to know if it is worth the time waiting for this plus its almost double the price as well :) I know its not out yet but any opinions will help. Thanks

post #2037 of 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryberry View Post
 

Will this be a better investment vs say the IBasso DX50 ? I want to know if it is worth the time waiting for this plus its almost double the price as well :) I know its not out yet but any opinions will help. Thanks

I runaway from DX50, there is not a single page in the whole thread where one of the user don't complain about the player. I think X5 will be a TOTL dap contender without costing an arm and a leg.

post #2038 of 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post
 

I runaway from DX50, there is not a single page in the whole thread where one of the user don't complain about the player. I think X5 will be a TOTL dap contender without costing an arm and a leg.

 

 

I feel sorry for ya ;) 

 

 

as for the question, I have the DX50 and am very satisfied, but the X5 promises to be better in almost every aspect and it looks so good to me, I just might get it, even though I have the DX50...

post #2039 of 7281
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihontoman View Post
 

 

 

I feel sorry for ya ;) 

 

 

as for the question, I have the DX50 and am very satisfied, but the X5 promises to be better in almost every aspect and it looks so good to me, I just might get it, even though I have the DX50...


I also had nice hopes for DX50 but all those problems pushed me away. I wish success to iBasso with their future designs and hoping that they will do things better. Yes you don't have a problem but amount of people having problem, all those sending back units, receiving new ones etc. That's just no go for me mate. I want a clean, nice, problem-free experience. Even a Clip+ can do that, I think I am not asking much.

 

In the meantime, back to X5 and James. Any information about James's health situation? I am wishing the best of luck for him. Will absence of him effect the X5's planned schedule? Maybe Joe from FiiO with his majestic avatar can shed some light here.

post #2040 of 7281
I too would like to put down the DX50 as the second worst audio purchase in my rather short ife--with the Beats Pro coming in first. The DAC and LO is phenomenal and leagues better than the iPC and X3 (sorry Fiio lovers), but the headphone amp just is a complete mess. I had hoped that the boomy bass, hollow mids, and tinny treble (Beats, anyone?) were symptoms of a product defect, but, according to iBasso, the unit was "perfectly fine." I, along with everyone else, greatly hope that Fiio can pull off a successful launch--I have a small hunch that the X5 won't turn out like the DX50.

Edit: James, I wish you the best with your recovery. Health conditions forced me to take alternative measures to finish my year, though they in no way rivaled what you face now. I received a call from my evangelist grandmother from the American heartland and you are in her prayers tonight.
Edited by FatmanSize48 - 12/10/13 at 6:52pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014