The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 12, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #2,058 of 19,652
Good news indeed, thanks Joe!

Well then the only thing remain is, a comparison between ZX1 and X5. Either of them will be mine but since I am not rich like many users in head fi, I gotta wait and see the reviews of both units before buying one. For the moment I feel like, both of them will be extremely successful while not trying to rob your wallet like some others (I think pretty much everybody knows which manufacturer I am talking about).

Dec 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #2,060 of 19,652
Is this confirmed as being the final release design?

Looks surprisingly different from the pics posted a week or so ago. And it looks less refined in terms of the quality of the finish.

The scroll wheel in the above, newer, pics looks like a dirt magnet, and potentially could make a person's thumb sore after a while, due to abrasiveness.

I must also question whether it really is the final release design, because I cannot see the microSD card slots (which are visible in the picture of the design below)

However, I do find the buttons (IMO) too chunky in the earlier pic (the pic immediately above this sentence). In other respects, though, the quality of finish looks superior in the pic immediately above this sentence.

So, good points and bad points to both designs, IMO.

Still, I'm pleased to see that the volume buttons are not on the opposite side of the case to the power button (like the stupid design of the DX100, Cowon J3 and the Samsung GS2)

Dec 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #2,061 of 19,652
It is very very ugly.. A real design mistake i think, If that is truly how it looks To be honest i think the X3 is a much better looking gizmo.

I hope this sounds fabulous and by that i mean significantly better than DX50 and X3... I it doesn't and it looks like that..... well  
triportsad.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #2,063 of 19,652
  That's the Fiio X1...

Am I the only one who bothered to check the validity of his post? 

1) I did at least query it.

2) It's almost 3am here, and I'm too tired to go on a research/hunt elsewhere, but thanks for letting me know it's an X1, not X5.

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #2,067 of 19,652
Well then the only thing remain is, a comparison between ZX1 and X5.

Well, Even if ZX1 takes the #1 slot in all department than X5(which I doubt) there will be no surprises....... as it is times 2 the price of X5 + Sony Brand!
RRP of ZX1 is close to $800 and X5 is $400. But let's wait and see how X5 takes the sky high(cost) DAP world by storm! X5 and X1 is going to dominate the best of both worlds-entry level and luxury DAPs, and hunt for other DAPs will end in few days......I might buy the budget Nova N1 before X5 launch, just.................

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2,068 of 19,652
  Well, Even if ZX1 takes the #1 slot in all department than X5(which I doubt) there will be no surprises....... as it is times 2 the price of X5 + Sony Brand!
RRP of ZX1 is close to and X5 is But let's wait and see how X5 takes the sky high(cost) DAP world by storm! X5 and X1 is going to dominate the best of both worlds-entry level and luxury DAPs, and hunt for other DAPs will end in few days......I might buy the budget Nova N1 before X5 launch, just.................

ZX1, is not only great in SQ, it is great in battery (23 hours with flac (HD and 44.1) and still have 11%, with fast and smooth UI. It was just made tp play beautiful music.

Its a Walkman.

Hope the X5 will be able to beat that.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #2,069 of 19,652
  ZX1, is not only great in SQ, it is great in battery (23 hours with flac (HD and 44.1) and still have 11%, with fast and smooth UI. It was just made tp play beautiful music.

Its a Walkman.

Hope the X5 will be able to beat that.

As you know, I'm interested in both DAPs.

The ZX1 has pros and cons
The X5 has pros and cons

It's still very early days about how the ZX1 performs.

I will be waiting until FOTM fever dies down and see some serious in-depth reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back