Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165 - Page 17

post #241 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post


Alright, that might be a good idea. Also, does the sound leak with the DT990s?

They are open-back headphones, so yes, they leak sound out, and they don't isolate all that well. On the plus side, the open-back design gives you awesome soundstage and imaging smily_headphones1.gif but they wouldn't be ideal for mobile use. 

post #242 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes008 View Post

They are open-back headphones, so yes, they leak sound out, and they don't isolate all that well. On the plus side, the open-back design gives you awesome soundstage and imaging smily_headphones1.gif
 but they wouldn't be ideal for mobile use. 

Could a person that is 7 feet across from you hear the music your listening to at all at 7/10 volume?
post #243 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

Could a person that is 7 feet across from you hear the music your listening to at all at 7/10 volume?
70% volume means very little given the variation between amps and various caps, but if i assume 70% volume is a general listening volume of around 75-80dB, yes.
post #244 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

70% volume means very little given the variation between amps and various caps, but if i assume 70% volume is a general listening volume of around 75-80dB, yes.

Hmm...Alright. Well, I'll probably keep the V-MODA's for atleast 1 or 2 more weeks.
post #245 of 736
Thread Starter 
Would the Hesh 2's be considered a neutral pair of 'cans?
post #246 of 736
The m-audio Q40 is a great headphone with excellent bass...$90 at b&h photo right now
post #247 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

Would the Hesh 2's be considered a neutral pair of 'cans?

 

Not really, but surprisingly closer than I thought. I only got to use them for a short time, and I could immediately detect the rolled-off treble. The bass is pretty level, but it bleeds into the midrange. I wouldn't call it neutral, but it's... hmm. 

post #248 of 736

want decent good all arounder with a slight emphasis on bass?  ath-m50.  if you can find them... an old pair of denon d2000's.  

 

Dubstep usually doesnt have words really.... unless you want to hear every nuance of the sound optimus prime makes when he transforms.

post #249 of 736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

want decent good all arounder with a slight emphasis on bass?  ath-m50.  if you can find them... an old pair of denon d2000's.  

Dubstep usually doesnt have words really.... unless you want to hear every nuance of the sound optimus prime makes when he transforms.

Does the ATH-M50 have more, less, or the same amount of bass as the V-MODA Crossfade Lp's or Hesh 2's?
post #250 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

Does the ATH-M50 have more, less, or the same amount of bass as the V-MODA Crossfade Lp's or Hesh 2's?
you know what it's best if you just go and try them out yourself mate.
post #251 of 736

Marginally less bass than the crossfade LP's. M50 is more flat in comparison (okay okay i know they are not really that flat compared to other really neutral headphones)

post #252 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post


Does the ATH-M50 have more, less, or the same amount of bass as the V-MODA Crossfade Lp's or Hesh 2's?

I would steer clear of the M50s. They were one solid cans at their price point, but now you can get so much better in that price range. Like, the Crossfade LP for instance! And it definitely has less bass. Although there are kinda two versions floating around (of the M50), I had the flatter version. 

post #253 of 736

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro-80 or Ultrasone HFI-580 get my vote...

post #254 of 736
Thread Starter 
Alright, so I think I've come up with two headphones that might fit my needs.

1. M-Audio Q40's
2. Denon AH-D1100's
3. Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohms
post #255 of 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitek View Post

Alright, so I think I've come up with two headphones that might fit my needs.

1. M-Audio Q40's
2. Denon AH-D1100's
3. Beyerdynamic DT-770 80ohms
Get S500's!!!!!! They are better than Crossfades (IMHO) and they are $50!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165