Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Fiio X3 Thread. - Page 63

post #931 of 13094
Hello Bowei006,

Thank you for answering, this explains a lot about why i couldn't find much info about the X3.
I had read that it was supposed to be released in march, but if i had read any further, i would've known it wasn't yet.

-CH23
post #932 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

Hello Bowei006,

Thank you for answering, this explains a lot about why i couldn't find much info about the X3.
I had read that it was supposed to be released in march, but if i had read any further, i would've known it wasn't yet.

-CH23

Nope tongue_smile.gif

 

Timeline

 

May-200pcs are released to China/Far East Asia region for testing. This allows FiiO to get user response in their home language AND RMA broken or problem units and fix it

 

June-More units going out to some portions of the world. Still limited

 

July-International release to all official FiiO dealers.

 

To make sure that the unit you buy is real and not fake and is covered by FiiO warranty, it is imperative that one buys from an authorized dealer.

 

So where do you get a FiiO X3 in Late June-Early July when they are shiped out to dealers? 

 

At your local/regional FiiO dealer of course! The EU region is covered by quite a few autho FiiO dealers. Buy from their site to get your FiiO X3.

 

Want to buy locally? Some local country hi-fi stores buy from the regional dealers to sell in their own stores. 

post #933 of 13094

Thank you Fiio for makinf X3 a nice good sounding affordable DAP.

Can you please make X5 to compeate with AK120 and other high end DAP's?

We know you can do it, you head all our support.wink.gif

post #934 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post

hello all,

I've searched the forums for an answer to my question, and found nothing.

Where, in the Netherlands , can i find the Fiio X3 (preferably "on display")?

this DAP seems very promising, and i'm thinking of buying it.



Thanks!

-CH23

 

Hopefully HDPHNS will stock it when it's available. I have good experiences with this seller.
 

post #935 of 13094
Ugh. I couldnt find the Fiio table at theTokyo headphone festival, the X3 was on my demo list.
I read in another thread another headfier demoed it there.
post #936 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac2003 View Post

Hopefully HDPHNS will stock it when it's available. I have good experiences with this seller.

 i think i'll try this seller, if i can't find it offline(i'm old fashioned, and prefer to buy things face to face)
Thank you for the suggestion biggrin.gif


-CH23
post #937 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH23 View Post


 i think i'll try this seller, if i can't find it offline(i'm old fashioned, and prefer to buy things face to face)
Thank you for the suggestion biggrin.gif


-CH23

HDPHNS is the official FiiO dealer of the Netherlands biggrin.gif

 

So yep. It would be best to buy from them for you as then you get warranty and aid in case something happens.

 

It's up to each store/company on if they want to purchase X unit from any company. So you would have to ask the store and see if they are ordering the FiiO X3 to their store. Not every authorized dealer will want to sell a unit or be one of the first to order it and sell it.

 

Not to mention they may not even be able to get the X3 during the first batch shipment.

 

It took the E17 months to get stock to worldwide countries after launching for example.

post #938 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Ugh. I couldnt find the Fiio table at theTokyo headphone festival, the X3 was on my demo list.
I read in another thread another headfier demoed it there.

 

I found it...the one time I didn't have my headphones!  FiiO were tucked in a corner in front of a window on the 7th floor, so they were easy to miss.

post #939 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

 

I found it...the one time I didn't have my headphones!  FiiO were tucked in a corner in front of a window on the 7th floor, so they were easy to miss.

eek.gif

 

My friend/fellow member of the AAML thread went to Japan and was there. I believe he is also a FiiO fan as he has other products. He didn't say anything about seeing the FiiO booth. (and he documented a crap load of stuff that happened there with lots of pics and descriptions on Facebook).

 

Maybe a better location next time.

post #940 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Thank you Fiio for makinf X3 a nice good sounding affordable DAP.

Can you please make X5 to compeate with AK120 and other high end DAP's?

We know you can do it, you head all our support.wink.gif

Imagine a DAP sounds as good as Tera Player and without it's obvious disadvantages. Like a GUI and only .wav stricted playback.

 

I mean TP has it is excuses to have these things but it is another topics subject.


Edited by AmberOzL - 5/11/13 at 4:47pm
post #941 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Ugh. I couldnt find the Fiio table at theTokyo headphone festival, the X3 was on my demo list.
I read in another thread another headfier demoed it there.

 

I found it...the one time I didn't have my headphones!  FiiO were tucked in a corner in front of a window on the 7th floor, so they were easy to miss.

ugh . Poopoos. Oh well next time then.
post #942 of 13094
Fiio X3 supports WAV only up to 96/24 according to their website
post #943 of 13094
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicday View Post

Fiio X3 supports WAV only up to 96/24 according to their website

Next to the first image on the site it says:

 

"Lossless playback for APE/FLAC/ALAC/WMA/WAV    192k/24B"

 

And on the specs page it also says:
"WAV: 192k/24B"

post #944 of 13094

Neither 24/192 or 24/96 WAV work actually, according to my test. I am not sure if that is a bug or not, or it is yet to be implemented into the firmware. But all other HD FLAC does work, in case you wonder.

post #945 of 13094

Tested X3 with DT1350, HD25-1, K550, SR80i and AD900X yesterday in a local headphone store. Unsurprisingly, X3 has sufficient power to drive all these cans. All these cans sound very good with X3 (I love DT1350 the most, but its bass is just alright). I didn't have time to try those higher impedance headphones (like DT880, HD650, HD600 etc). I guess some head-fiers will do the test when they receive their X3 next month.

----------------

I've converted some 24/176.4 Flac files from DFF files (using Audiogate).

I found the system is not very stable playing these files. Sometimes it will shows that "file not supported", but when I play the same file again, it works.

There will be some noises (electric?) after I played these files for a long period (>1hr). After rebooting the system, there is no problem, so it seems the problem was not made by those flac files. I will listen again later today. 

----------------

I haven't figured out yet how to make X3 display the album artwork. I have put a jpg file (<100k) in the same folder, but it doesn't display the picture.

 

I hope we can choose to play all songs in a folder (which contains further sub-folder) using the file browser. It seems that there is no such function now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The Fiio X3 Thread.