- 8,364 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone and amp pairing Last post on 7/20/12 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
LCD-3 / HD-800 amp - Page 8post #106 of 2042/8/13 at 10:01amSchiit doesn't do trades. You'll need to sell your old amp and buy the new one on your own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 2042/8/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Asr
I wrote about the LCD-2 r2 and HD800 on the Lyr here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580636/mini-review-schiit-lyr
I don't get why people look for low-cost amps for expensive headphones. If you're trying to actively cut corners on price, why not just get a cheaper headphone? And if you can afford either an HD800 or LCD-3, surely you can afford a better (pricier) amp than the Lyr? No offense intended against Schiit, but I haven't really been all that impressed by their amps so far (I've heard the Asgard, Lyr, and now the Magni). But I'm holding out hope for a great-sounding amp made by them some day. The quintessential amp recommendation I'd make for an Audeze/Senn combo would have to be a B22.
No offense taken. The reason I ask is I want a "better" amp also but really leaning towards the liquid glass, and who knows when that will be available again. Also, if they are on hold for a "fix" what is the problem, do any of you that have them have issues? With the HD650's, Schiit Lyr and Gungnir being my first rig and being a new member here I have a lot to learn. With that combo if not headphones what would be the "best upgrade"?post #108 of 2042/8/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by awsanderson
No offense taken. The reason I ask is I want a "better" amp also but really leaning towards the liquid glass, and who knows when that will be available again. Also, if they are on hold for a "fix" what is the problem, do any of you that have them have issues? With the HD650's, Schiit Lyr and Gungnir being my first rig and being a new member here I have a lot to learn. With that combo if not headphones what would be the "best upgrade"?
Easy recommendation for Stratus if you want to go the tube route.post #109 of 2042/8/13 at 11:43ampost #110 of 2042/8/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Commissioning a build takes time and is generally more expensive.
I'd easily take either a Mjolnir, Soloist/Conductor, BHA-1 over the B22. The B22 use to be the benchmark for SS amps, but it's time has passed.post #111 of 2042/8/13 at 12:14pm
I think SoundFreaq's is still for sale here. He's here in Austin.post #112 of 2042/8/13 at 12:28pmpost #113 of 2042/8/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
Edited by kozmo - 2/8/13 at 2:02pmpost #114 of 2042/8/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
I can't believe someone hasn't snapped up this one yet.post #115 of 2042/8/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
How exactly as it been passed by amps using circuits quite a bit older than the B22? Which is not to say the amps listed aren't also great, I prefer the Soloist to my previous B22, but passed? That's a bit much.post #116 of 2042/8/13 at 3:19pmQuote:
All the amps listed are great, including the B22. However IMO all the aforementioned amps are better than the B22. And that's what I mean by passed.
A year ago the only SS amps that were really competitive to the B22 were the GS-X and DS.post #117 of 2042/8/13 at 3:28pmpost #118 of 2042/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #119 of 2042/8/13 at 7:42pm
Best I've heard with my LCD-3s, HD-800s and TH-900s. Heck, even my IEMs are fantastic with it using unity gain.post #120 of 2042/9/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I'll take a well built 4 channel B22 over the Mjolnir any day of the week. IMO the Mjolnir is "only" really, good is with the LCDs.
I lived with the BHA-1 and the B22 for months. The BHA-1 really can't touch the B22 in now way except sounding really good with the LCDs as well.
When we start talking about a wider range of headphones from low impedance to high impedance - The B22 will be way more versatile and sound better with more headphones. This has been my experience.
Now something just as powerful as the B22 and Mjolnir with a gain switch will lead to being more versatile as well. The BHA-1 has a 2 position gain switch + the SE out sounds like Shcitt
The new GS-X or even the new Statement amp from Schiit should take over when both are out in the wild.
As for now a well built B22 is still very hard to beat because it just sounds better with more headphone types.
Edited by preproman - 2/9/13 at 8:02am
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Linear Tracking Turntable Won't Play 12" 45s 28 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › [AUS] Noble 6 universal 3 minutes ago
- › Issues with the ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)