- 7,531 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 12/3/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone and amp pairing Last post on 7/20/12 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/18/13 at 5:37pm in High-end Audio Forum
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
LCD-3 / HD-800 amp - Page 8post #106 of 2032/8/13 at 10:01amSchiit doesn't do trades. You'll need to sell your old amp and buy the new one on your own.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #107 of 2032/8/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Asr
I wrote about the LCD-2 r2 and HD800 on the Lyr here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580636/mini-review-schiit-lyr
I don't get why people look for low-cost amps for expensive headphones. If you're trying to actively cut corners on price, why not just get a cheaper headphone? And if you can afford either an HD800 or LCD-3, surely you can afford a better (pricier) amp than the Lyr? No offense intended against Schiit, but I haven't really been all that impressed by their amps so far (I've heard the Asgard, Lyr, and now the Magni). But I'm holding out hope for a great-sounding amp made by them some day. The quintessential amp recommendation I'd make for an Audeze/Senn combo would have to be a B22.
No offense taken. The reason I ask is I want a "better" amp also but really leaning towards the liquid glass, and who knows when that will be available again. Also, if they are on hold for a "fix" what is the problem, do any of you that have them have issues? With the HD650's, Schiit Lyr and Gungnir being my first rig and being a new member here I have a lot to learn. With that combo if not headphones what would be the "best upgrade"?post #108 of 2032/8/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by awsanderson
No offense taken. The reason I ask is I want a "better" amp also but really leaning towards the liquid glass, and who knows when that will be available again. Also, if they are on hold for a "fix" what is the problem, do any of you that have them have issues? With the HD650's, Schiit Lyr and Gungnir being my first rig and being a new member here I have a lot to learn. With that combo if not headphones what would be the "best upgrade"?
Easy recommendation for Stratus if you want to go the tube route.post #109 of 2032/8/13 at 11:43ampost #110 of 2032/8/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Commissioning a build takes time and is generally more expensive.
I'd easily take either a Mjolnir, Soloist/Conductor, BHA-1 over the B22. The B22 use to be the benchmark for SS amps, but it's time has passed.post #111 of 2032/8/13 at 12:14pm
I think SoundFreaq's is still for sale here. He's here in Austin.post #112 of 2032/8/13 at 12:28pmpost #113 of 2032/8/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
Edited by kozmo - 2/8/13 at 2:02pmpost #114 of 2032/8/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
I can't believe someone hasn't snapped up this one yet.post #115 of 2032/8/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
How exactly as it been passed by amps using circuits quite a bit older than the B22? Which is not to say the amps listed aren't also great, I prefer the Soloist to my previous B22, but passed? That's a bit much.post #116 of 2032/8/13 at 3:19pmQuote:
All the amps listed are great, including the B22. However IMO all the aforementioned amps are better than the B22. And that's what I mean by passed.
A year ago the only SS amps that were really competitive to the B22 were the GS-X and DS.post #117 of 2032/8/13 at 3:28pmpost #118 of 2032/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #119 of 2032/8/13 at 7:42pm
Best I've heard with my LCD-3s, HD-800s and TH-900s. Heck, even my IEMs are fantastic with it using unity gain.post #120 of 2032/9/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I'll take a well built 4 channel B22 over the Mjolnir any day of the week. IMO the Mjolnir is "only" really, good is with the LCDs.
I lived with the BHA-1 and the B22 for months. The BHA-1 really can't touch the B22 in now way except sounding really good with the LCDs as well.
When we start talking about a wider range of headphones from low impedance to high impedance - The B22 will be way more versatile and sound better with more headphones. This has been my experience.
Now something just as powerful as the B22 and Mjolnir with a gain switch will lead to being more versatile as well. The BHA-1 has a 2 position gain switch + the SE out sounds like Shcitt
The new GS-X or even the new Statement amp from Schiit should take over when both are out in the wild.
As for now a well built B22 is still very hard to beat because it just sounds better with more headphone types.
Edited by preproman - 2/9/13 at 8:02am
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 3 minutes ago
- › Do i really need to burn in my headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › Beyer DT1350 CC Facelift 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Why not beats by Dre? 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital