- 8,417 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- LCD-3's and Woo WA22....WOW! Last post on 1/4/14 at 6:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- Could woo audio wa22 work well with LCD-3? Last post on 11/23/12 at 4:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone user living in England needs some 'decent' advice --Americans, please rise to... Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:05am in High-end Audio Forum
- Headphone and amp pairing Last post on 7/20/12 at 2:37pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot? Last post on 8/11/14 at 1:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
LCD-3 / HD-800 amp - Page 8post #106 of 2042/8/13 at 10:01amSchiit doesn't do trades. You'll need to sell your old amp and buy the new one on your own.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 2042/8/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Asr
I wrote about the LCD-2 r2 and HD800 on the Lyr here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/580636/mini-review-schiit-lyr
I don't get why people look for low-cost amps for expensive headphones. If you're trying to actively cut corners on price, why not just get a cheaper headphone? And if you can afford either an HD800 or LCD-3, surely you can afford a better (pricier) amp than the Lyr? No offense intended against Schiit, but I haven't really been all that impressed by their amps so far (I've heard the Asgard, Lyr, and now the Magni). But I'm holding out hope for a great-sounding amp made by them some day. The quintessential amp recommendation I'd make for an Audeze/Senn combo would have to be a B22.
No offense taken. The reason I ask is I want a "better" amp also but really leaning towards the liquid glass, and who knows when that will be available again. Also, if they are on hold for a "fix" what is the problem, do any of you that have them have issues? With the HD650's, Schiit Lyr and Gungnir being my first rig and being a new member here I have a lot to learn. With that combo if not headphones what would be the "best upgrade"?post #108 of 2042/8/13 at 11:22amQuote:Originally Posted by awsanderson
No offense taken. The reason I ask is I want a "better" amp also but really leaning towards the liquid glass, and who knows when that will be available again. Also, if they are on hold for a "fix" what is the problem, do any of you that have them have issues? With the HD650's, Schiit Lyr and Gungnir being my first rig and being a new member here I have a lot to learn. With that combo if not headphones what would be the "best upgrade"?
Easy recommendation for Stratus if you want to go the tube route.post #109 of 2042/8/13 at 11:43ampost #110 of 2042/8/13 at 11:47amQuote:
Commissioning a build takes time and is generally more expensive.
I'd easily take either a Mjolnir, Soloist/Conductor, BHA-1 over the B22. The B22 use to be the benchmark for SS amps, but it's time has passed.post #111 of 2042/8/13 at 12:14pm
I think SoundFreaq's is still for sale here. He's here in Austin.post #112 of 2042/8/13 at 12:28pmpost #113 of 2042/8/13 at 12:44pmQuote:
Edited by kozmo - 2/8/13 at 2:02pmpost #114 of 2042/8/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
I can't believe someone hasn't snapped up this one yet.post #115 of 2042/8/13 at 1:51pmQuote:
How exactly as it been passed by amps using circuits quite a bit older than the B22? Which is not to say the amps listed aren't also great, I prefer the Soloist to my previous B22, but passed? That's a bit much.post #116 of 2042/8/13 at 3:19pmQuote:
All the amps listed are great, including the B22. However IMO all the aforementioned amps are better than the B22. And that's what I mean by passed.
A year ago the only SS amps that were really competitive to the B22 were the GS-X and DS.post #117 of 2042/8/13 at 3:28pmpost #118 of 2042/8/13 at 6:44pmpost #119 of 2042/8/13 at 7:42pm
Best I've heard with my LCD-3s, HD-800s and TH-900s. Heck, even my IEMs are fantastic with it using unity gain.post #120 of 2042/9/13 at 7:55amQuote:
I'll take a well built 4 channel B22 over the Mjolnir any day of the week. IMO the Mjolnir is "only" really, good is with the LCDs.
I lived with the BHA-1 and the B22 for months. The BHA-1 really can't touch the B22 in now way except sounding really good with the LCDs as well.
When we start talking about a wider range of headphones from low impedance to high impedance - The B22 will be way more versatile and sound better with more headphones. This has been my experience.
Now something just as powerful as the B22 and Mjolnir with a gain switch will lead to being more versatile as well. The BHA-1 has a 2 position gain switch + the SE out sounds like Shcitt
The new GS-X or even the new Statement amp from Schiit should take over when both are out in the wild.
As for now a well built B22 is still very hard to beat because it just sounds better with more headphone types.
Edited by preproman - 2/9/13 at 8:02am
- LCD-3 / HD-800 amp
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Pico Slim for sale 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF VIBRO ! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rev-1 Good Condition with PlusSound cable! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)