or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 - Page 355  

post #5311 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

 

 

Religion as a man's sphere, women sucking as visionaries... come on, Mutabor. You're not putting any effort into your trolling anymore. It's too obvious.

 

 

Maybe he just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEESSS men...

 

:-p

 

And I definitely agree with some of what MF says. I'm pretty sure we would have seen MORE works in general (whether artistic, feats in math, engineering, etc.) if the opportunities for both, men and women, would've been the same.

post #5312 of 21760
Lol. So greatness is genetically determined by sex? I have male genitalia; bask in my greatness. And this is not opinion! Surely with 7.5 billion people you can find one great woman? Perhaps greatness is limited by chromosome because this opinion is greatly and stupendously ignorant. Bravo.
post #5313 of 21760

@ mutobor

post #5314 of 21760
Thread Starter 

Yes, I just post biased opinions. Not facts like "women suck as visionaries" and "women aren't good writers."

 

Really though, I have to wonder how on earth I highly exaggerated the role of women as oracles and mystics in history, when I simply pointed out such roles existed in the first place? It was pointed out in response to the idea that allowing women into the priesthood is something new, unprecedented, and unfathomable. Exaggeration seems like a quantitative mistake, not a qualitative one.

 

@ eke: you shouldn't be too shocked at mutabor disregarding whatever suits him. He's very fond of cherrypicking arguments and oversimplifying things to the point of absurdity. Honestly, I don't take mutabor remotely seriously. He's been trolling the diary thread since the original kiteki days, and he essentially posts contrarian things in an attempt to seem controversial and edgy. I actually appreciated his efforts in the past, because the provocations were amusing. I always pictured him not as a bird, but as a performing circus bear sitting at a small desk watching The Needle Drop, a picture of Schopenhauer off to one side done in the style of a mall kiosk glamor shot.

post #5315 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post

Maybe he just LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVEEESSS men...

"He hates women so he might be gay, LOL" isn't really the angle to take.
post #5316 of 21760
Lol. I remember the while Marxism argument in the last thread.

The funny thing is that the people who are the most biased, are the ones who freely accuse others of it.
post #5317 of 21760
Quote:
Not facts like "women suck as visionaries" and "women aren't good writers."

 

OK, name me a female visionary in any religion which is known to the world and which had more or less serious impact in the field. By a visionary I mean a person who had clear and influential message, a sage,  a teacher.

 

I didn't say that women aren't good writers. I said that we don't know really great writers among women.

 

 

 

Quote:
Really though, I have to wonder how on earth I highly exaggerated the role of women as oracles and mystics in history, when I simply pointed out such roles existed in the first place? It was pointed out in response to the idea that allowing women into the priesthood is something new, unprecedented, and unfathomable.

 

You may not like it but reality is that women are not welcomed in priesthood. At least in many cultures. In America it may be different but in many parts of the world women as priests are considered a weird idea. Nuns - yes, priests - no.


Edited by mutabor - 1/31/13 at 10:10am
post #5318 of 21760
Ayn Rand, among others. Her principles dominate half of American politics today.

You mentioned Frankenstein as silly pop culture. Isn't it funny that a book written by a woman is now widespread and "influential" enought to become pop culture?

Also, your argument tht women werent great writers is circumstantial. Like MF said, women were second class citizens and baby factories. They've made great strides, but still have a way to go. Do you think that a woman who was afforded Aristotle's tutorship could have been great?
post #5319 of 21760
Quote:
and he essentially posts contrarian things in an attempt to seem controversial and edgy.

 

Believe it or not but your ideas will be considered highly controversial outside America. Beware when you travel overseas you will be very surprised how you sound odd to people there.

post #5320 of 21760
Fra
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

Believe it or not but your ideas will be considered highly controversial outside America. Beware when you travel overseas you will be very surprised how you sound odd to people there.

France? England? Australia? Germany?

Good grief man. Where do you get your information?
post #5321 of 21760

Ayn Rand is not known to the world. She is a regional phenomenon.

post #5322 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

 

Believe it or not but your ideas will be considered highly controversial outside America. Beware when you travel overseas you will be very surprised how you sound odd to people there.

 

Which countries? I am assuming you mean the countries that also parallel perfectly with how horribly women are treated overseas in said countries. Views of women, and treatment of women go hand in hand. 

post #5323 of 21760
Ah, never mind. I'm not getting banned for you
Edited by eke2k6 - 1/31/13 at 10:33am
post #5324 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardgedee View Post


"He hates women so he might be gay, LOL" isn't really the angle to take.

 

I'm just against the extremes of feminism. It goes too far.

 

I'm wondering if you read MF's ideas attentively. They are radical. They are not just about social justice between men and women but she goes further and is trying to break gender differencies. She is trying to prove that gays and lesbians are not anomaly but a rule. She explains the majority through minority.


Edited by mutabor - 1/31/13 at 10:25am
post #5325 of 21760
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutabor View Post

 

Isn't Frankenstein a pop culture? Who takes seriously this stuff?

No, Frankenstein isn't pop culture. Frankenstein is a classic horror novel. One of the absolute first ones in its genre, if not the first. A lot of people take that book seriously.

 

However, did you know that the first programmer was a woman named Ada Lovelace? Would you consider programming and computer science to be serious?

 

You are obviously entitled to your opinions about everyone, but I think that you may be making a big mistake by dividing the world in male and female, if that's what you do. In my opinion, making such distinctions is a thing of the past and probably belongs to biology and social sciences more than anything else nowadays. I don't think that we ever will get past any kind of inequality between the sexes as long as we keep making distinctions between sexes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2