Related Forum Threads
- Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? Last post on 6/7/13 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone decision, momentum or amperior? Last post on 4/19/13 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. G430 sounds bad and unnatural, it shoud be better at...
NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to comepost #1 of 328/18/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/12 at 6:40pm
This should be fun! I doubt it's at the very forefront of out minds, but I'm sure a fair percentage of us are intrigued about this latest trend of square cans.post #3 of 328/18/12 at 8:07pmpost #4 of 328/18/12 at 8:50pmpost #5 of 328/19/12 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 328/19/12 at 7:34am
Tried em today at the Apple store.
The Senny Amperiors stole the show for me but my dad liked these. They seemed to be warm and sweet with slight bass elevation, nice clarity and very warm mids making strings sound lush. The design is quirky and they feel funny and weird like they will not be comfy but they were actually.post #7 of 328/19/12 at 11:10amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/19/12 at 11:58am
I can't possibly imagine it sounding better in any way. If both your source and the BT version employs AptX, then it might sound okay (even close to the wired version for many people) - but definitely not better. it's a signal-path thing.post #9 of 328/19/12 at 1:00pmThread Starterpost #10 of 328/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #11 of 328/19/12 at 2:25pm
Yeah, that's a good call. I'd go wired by default, but BT when convenient (biking, etc.). Best of both worlds.post #12 of 328/22/12 at 7:10amThread Starter
I now have the BT as well. I've been breaking it in for the past two days. Initial impressions are the BT is much more refined. Not as forward as the CL as well. The ear cups are A LOT bigger than the CL and it's over the ear, not on ear like the CL. Comfort is as good. Comparison review will come this weekend.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 8/22/12 at 7:16ampost #13 of 328/24/12 at 1:53pmpost #14 of 328/24/12 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 328/24/12 at 3:24pmA co-worker got the CL model so we tested both on the same music selection. Quick notes: BT isolates noise better due to over the ear design, awkward remote controls causing me to accidently pressing them when I take it on and off, people stares at you thinking WTF is that on his head, not glasses/sunglasses friendly, no noticeable sound quality difference between wired and wireless usage, yet, great for winter maybe but it's warm as an oven right now.
That being said. I may exchange it for the CL model, on ears design, wired remote, plug into my amp, shades friendly. Bluetooth isn't worth the trade. Wired for life.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 16 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-EX650 vs KZ ED9 1 minute ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 3 minutes ago
- › Kennerton ODIN : the revelation 3 minutes ago
- › DAC for HD 598s? 3 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 7 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3