Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1-ii vs. IE80 (vs. Amperior), please help me choose! Last post on 10/13/12 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- cans to complement the q701's ? Last post on 10/12/12 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to comepost #1 of 268/18/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/18/12 at 6:40pm
This should be fun! I doubt it's at the very forefront of out minds, but I'm sure a fair percentage of us are intrigued about this latest trend of square cans.post #3 of 268/18/12 at 8:07pmpost #4 of 268/18/12 at 8:50pmpost #5 of 268/19/12 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/19/12 at 7:34am
Tried em today at the Apple store.
The Senny Amperiors stole the show for me but my dad liked these. They seemed to be warm and sweet with slight bass elevation, nice clarity and very warm mids making strings sound lush. The design is quirky and they feel funny and weird like they will not be comfy but they were actually.post #7 of 268/19/12 at 11:10amThread Starterpost #8 of 268/19/12 at 11:58am
I can't possibly imagine it sounding better in any way. If both your source and the BT version employs AptX, then it might sound okay (even close to the wired version for many people) - but definitely not better. it's a signal-path thing.post #9 of 268/19/12 at 1:00pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #11 of 268/19/12 at 2:25pm
Yeah, that's a good call. I'd go wired by default, but BT when convenient (biking, etc.). Best of both worlds.post #12 of 268/22/12 at 7:10amThread Starter
I now have the BT as well. I've been breaking it in for the past two days. Initial impressions are the BT is much more refined. Not as forward as the CL as well. The ear cups are A LOT bigger than the CL and it's over the ear, not on ear like the CL. Comfort is as good. Comparison review will come this weekend.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 8/22/12 at 7:16ampost #13 of 268/24/12 at 1:53pmpost #14 of 268/24/12 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 268/24/12 at 3:24pmA co-worker got the CL model so we tested both on the same music selection. Quick notes: BT isolates noise better due to over the ear design, awkward remote controls causing me to accidently pressing them when I take it on and off, people stares at you thinking WTF is that on his head, not glasses/sunglasses friendly, no noticeable sound quality difference between wired and wireless usage, yet, great for winter maybe but it's warm as an oven right now.
That being said. I may exchange it for the CL model, on ears design, wired remote, plug into my amp, shades friendly. Bluetooth isn't worth the trade. Wired for life.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 16 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for bookshelf Speaker and Amp combo under $1000 28 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Sony EX600, 800, 7550 or 1000. 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SRM-006T Energiser / Amplifier in excellent condition 5 minutes ago
- › Is clicking/popping on dac normal? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-30IP (White/Gold), Sony XB90EX 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 6 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)