Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1-ii vs. IE80 (vs. Amperior), please help me choose! Last post on 10/13/12 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- cans to complement the q701's ? Last post on 10/12/12 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to comepost #1 of 268/18/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 268/18/12 at 6:40pm
This should be fun! I doubt it's at the very forefront of out minds, but I'm sure a fair percentage of us are intrigued about this latest trend of square cans.post #3 of 268/18/12 at 8:07pmpost #4 of 268/18/12 at 8:50pmpost #5 of 268/19/12 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 268/19/12 at 7:34am
Tried em today at the Apple store.
The Senny Amperiors stole the show for me but my dad liked these. They seemed to be warm and sweet with slight bass elevation, nice clarity and very warm mids making strings sound lush. The design is quirky and they feel funny and weird like they will not be comfy but they were actually.post #7 of 268/19/12 at 11:10amThread Starterpost #8 of 268/19/12 at 11:58am
I can't possibly imagine it sounding better in any way. If both your source and the BT version employs AptX, then it might sound okay (even close to the wired version for many people) - but definitely not better. it's a signal-path thing.post #9 of 268/19/12 at 1:00pmThread Starterpost #10 of 268/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #11 of 268/19/12 at 2:25pm
Yeah, that's a good call. I'd go wired by default, but BT when convenient (biking, etc.). Best of both worlds.post #12 of 268/22/12 at 7:10amThread Starter
I now have the BT as well. I've been breaking it in for the past two days. Initial impressions are the BT is much more refined. Not as forward as the CL as well. The ear cups are A LOT bigger than the CL and it's over the ear, not on ear like the CL. Comfort is as good. Comparison review will come this weekend.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 8/22/12 at 7:16ampost #13 of 268/24/12 at 1:53pmpost #14 of 268/24/12 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 268/24/12 at 3:24pmA co-worker got the CL model so we tested both on the same music selection. Quick notes: BT isolates noise better due to over the ear design, awkward remote controls causing me to accidently pressing them when I take it on and off, people stares at you thinking WTF is that on his head, not glasses/sunglasses friendly, no noticeable sound quality difference between wired and wireless usage, yet, great for winter maybe but it's warm as an oven right now.
That being said. I may exchange it for the CL model, on ears design, wired remote, plug into my amp, shades friendly. Bluetooth isn't worth the trade. Wired for life.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Grado Fan Club! 15 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP DAC/Heaphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › [ UE 6000 / UE 4000 ] for Earbuds 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)