- 1,890 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD25-1-ii vs. IE80 (vs. Amperior), please help me choose! Last post on 10/13/12 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- cans to complement the q701's ? Last post on 10/12/12 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to comepost #1 of 198/18/12 at 9:17amThread StarterThese are brand new from HARMAN. I like the way they look and it's very comfy. Take a look and stay tuned for the "shootout" review against the Monster Inspiration & B&W P5.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 198/18/12 at 6:40pm
This should be fun! I doubt it's at the very forefront of out minds, but I'm sure a fair percentage of us are intrigued about this latest trend of square cans.post #3 of 198/18/12 at 8:07pmpost #4 of 198/18/12 at 8:50pmpost #5 of 198/19/12 at 7:25amThread Starter
These are very enjoyable through a great amp. I'm listening to it right now on a neutral sounding Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear. The mids are it's strong points.post #6 of 198/19/12 at 7:34am
Tried em today at the Apple store.
The Senny Amperiors stole the show for me but my dad liked these. They seemed to be warm and sweet with slight bass elevation, nice clarity and very warm mids making strings sound lush. The design is quirky and they feel funny and weird like they will not be comfy but they were actually.post #7 of 198/19/12 at 11:10amThread Starterpost #8 of 198/19/12 at 11:58am
I can't possibly imagine it sounding better in any way. If both your source and the BT version employs AptX, then it might sound okay (even close to the wired version for many people) - but definitely not better. it's a signal-path thing.post #9 of 198/19/12 at 1:00pmThread Starterpost #10 of 198/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #11 of 198/19/12 at 2:25pm
Yeah, that's a good call. I'd go wired by default, but BT when convenient (biking, etc.). Best of both worlds.post #12 of 198/22/12 at 7:10amThread Starter
I now have the BT as well. I've been breaking it in for the past two days. Initial impressions are the BT is much more refined. Not as forward as the CL as well. The ear cups are A LOT bigger than the CL and it's over the ear, not on ear like the CL. Comfort is as good. Comparison review will come this weekend.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 8/22/12 at 7:16ampost #13 of 198/24/12 at 1:53pmpost #14 of 198/24/12 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 198/24/12 at 3:24pmA co-worker got the CL model so we tested both on the same music selection. Quick notes: BT isolates noise better due to over the ear design, awkward remote controls causing me to accidently pressing them when I take it on and off, people stares at you thinking WTF is that on his head, not glasses/sunglasses friendly, no noticeable sound quality difference between wired and wireless usage, yet, great for winter maybe but it's warm as an oven right now.
That being said. I may exchange it for the CL model, on ears design, wired remote, plug into my amp, shades friendly. Bluetooth isn't worth the trade. Wired for life.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 14 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs CmoyBB Distortion 1 minute ago
- › New Beyer DT1350 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › 32GB Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) 5 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 6 minutes ago
- › UHA-6S MK II with AD8610 opamp / ALO Rx MK II shipped to Germany 6 minutes ago
- › Firestone Audio Fireye HDB & DAB -- Portable Balanced Amps/DACs 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude