Related Forum Threads
- Metallic theme California Headphones, any opinions? Last post on 6/7/13 at 3:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphone decision, momentum or amperior? Last post on 4/19/13 at 11:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- headphones for under £250 Last post on 10/30/12 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones for hip hop Last post on 10/18/12 at 12:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to comepost #1 of 328/18/12 at 9:17amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 328/18/12 at 6:40pm
This should be fun! I doubt it's at the very forefront of out minds, but I'm sure a fair percentage of us are intrigued about this latest trend of square cans.post #3 of 328/18/12 at 8:07pmpost #4 of 328/18/12 at 8:50pmpost #5 of 328/19/12 at 7:25amThread Starterpost #6 of 328/19/12 at 7:34am
Tried em today at the Apple store.
The Senny Amperiors stole the show for me but my dad liked these. They seemed to be warm and sweet with slight bass elevation, nice clarity and very warm mids making strings sound lush. The design is quirky and they feel funny and weird like they will not be comfy but they were actually.post #7 of 328/19/12 at 11:10amThread Starterpost #8 of 328/19/12 at 11:58am
I can't possibly imagine it sounding better in any way. If both your source and the BT version employs AptX, then it might sound okay (even close to the wired version for many people) - but definitely not better. it's a signal-path thing.post #9 of 328/19/12 at 1:00pmThread Starterpost #10 of 328/19/12 at 1:06pmpost #11 of 328/19/12 at 2:25pm
Yeah, that's a good call. I'd go wired by default, but BT when convenient (biking, etc.). Best of both worlds.post #12 of 328/22/12 at 7:10amThread Starter
I now have the BT as well. I've been breaking it in for the past two days. Initial impressions are the BT is much more refined. Not as forward as the CL as well. The ear cups are A LOT bigger than the CL and it's over the ear, not on ear like the CL. Comfort is as good. Comparison review will come this weekend.
Edited by HiFiGuy528 - 8/22/12 at 7:16ampost #13 of 328/24/12 at 1:53pmpost #14 of 328/24/12 at 1:59pmpost #15 of 328/24/12 at 3:24pmA co-worker got the CL model so we tested both on the same music selection. Quick notes: BT isolates noise better due to over the ear design, awkward remote controls causing me to accidently pressing them when I take it on and off, people stares at you thinking WTF is that on his head, not glasses/sunglasses friendly, no noticeable sound quality difference between wired and wireless usage, yet, great for winter maybe but it's warm as an oven right now.
That being said. I may exchange it for the CL model, on ears design, wired remote, plug into my amp, shades friendly. Bluetooth isn't worth the trade. Wired for life.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- NEW! harman/kardon CL by HARMAN headphones unboxing, review to come
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 56 seconds ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone reliability 2 minutes ago
- › E-MU Wooden Series Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Grado 325e Owners Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...