Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Jecklin Float QA !!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Jecklin Float QA !!!

post #1 of 663
Thread Starter 

The empire strikes back!!!

 

In nearly two month the new Jecklin will be available from Quad-Music Germany.

 

Here you can see first Impressions from Prototype to series Model.

 

http://www.open-end-music.de/vb3/showthread.php?t=4455

 

 

post #2 of 663

Wow, they've managed to make it even uglier than the PS2.  Haven't learnt how to properly mount the drivers too.  It will be interesting to see the specs of this thing but if it's anything like the PS2 then a KGSSHV will have no trouble driving it with the correct bias supply. 

post #3 of 663

Well, it's no chick magnet if you asked me....

post #4 of 663
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

Wow, they've managed to make it even uglier than the PS2.  Haven't learnt how to properly mount the drivers too.  It will be interesting to see the specs of this thing but if it's anything like the PS2 then a KGSSHV will have no trouble driving it with the correct bias supply. 

 

I like the new more "airy" design of the new one because it now doesnt look like a Space Helmet.

 

 I am glad at least to see how a legend is revived !!!

 

post #5 of 663

Can anyone who speaks German PLEASE tell me that the article is a joke? 

post #6 of 663

Nope. It's a Blitzkrieg on good aesthetics.

post #7 of 663
Is that just hobby plywood they are making it out of? Looks like a diy version of recreating the past. There is even a fellow on here that made his own electrostats the looks far more professional than this. We have the benefit of living in a modern time where small cnc milling machine wouldn't be that costly and probably the only way to make them right.
post #8 of 663

Its nice to see MFR's introducing new technology and trying new things. 

This is how the hobby grows. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycalgary View Post

Is that just hobby plywood they are making it out of? Looks like a diy version of recreating the past. There is even a fellow on here that made his own electrostats the looks far more professional than this. We have the benefit of living in a modern time where small cnc milling machine wouldn't be that costly and probably the only way to make them right.

 

It looks like laminated vernier to me. While that is technically a type of plywood its really not "cheap hobby plywood" at all. 

 

Based on the precision of the cutout in it, it looks like it was cut on a milling machine. 


Edited by nikongod - 4/26/12 at 1:02pm
post #9 of 663
Thread Starter 

The Jecklin was and is the real electrostatic Earspeaker  !!!

 

The driver is two times bigger than a 009duggehsmile.png

 

Fact:

 

The Housing is Birch plywood and milled by machine. They have tested over two years with some kinds of material and Birch plywood  gave the best result.

 

The new Jecklin may look simple  but please do not be fooled because it is the result of two years working to make it better than ever before !

 

Sorry for the poor pictures! Better pictures will follow!

 

The Housing of the electrostatic headphone amp converter is also a prototype .

 

 

 


Edited by Sam73 - 4/26/12 at 2:12pm
post #10 of 663
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

Wow, they've managed to make it even uglier than the PS2.  Haven't learnt how to properly mount the drivers too.  It will be interesting to see the specs of this thing but if it's anything like the PS2 then a KGSSHV will have no trouble driving it with the correct bias supply. 

If it can deliver 1400V than maybe... 

 

post #11 of 663
"The Jecklin was and is the real electrostatic Earspeaker !!! " and Stax are the fake ones? I did translate to English and the website is for Quad in Germany. Interesting because they remind me somewhat of my esl57's in a way. Looks like they use transformer boxes.
post #12 of 663
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycalgary View Post

"The Jecklin was and is the real electrostatic Earspeaker !!! " and Stax are the fake ones? I did translate to English and the website is for Quad in Germany. Interesting because they remind me somewhat of my esl57's in a way. Looks like they use transformer boxes.

 

Because the drivers are real open-air design and not clamped to or sealed around the ear. Thats why i call it the real electrostatic Earspeaker.  

 

Quad: in english  http://www.quad-musik.de/html/esl57_63.html

post #13 of 663

I had 2 pair way back when which I sold for a song when neither was fully functional.  The buyer called them "Head Quads!"  I quite liked them when they were working but couldn't see how to fix them when the contacts came loose on the outer driver plates.


Edited by edstrelow - 4/26/12 at 4:46pm
post #14 of 663

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam73 View Post

 

 

Because the drivers are real open-air design and not clamped to or sealed around the ear. Thats why i call it the real electrostatic Earspeaker.  

 

Quad: in english  http://www.quad-musik.de/html/esl57_63.html

 

The headphones do not care if I can only listen to this song:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4l1k4XLvo0

 

Okay, a little fun.

If the new QA float is better than the old Jecklin float, it is very difficult for Stax, Hifiman and Audez'e.

We shall see. In about two weeks, I know more.


Edited by michaelxray - 4/26/12 at 4:58pm
post #15 of 663

Wow, what an interesting ear speakers design!  beyersmile.png

 

Wachara C.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › New Jecklin Float QA !!!