Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:46 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Possible to bring mids forward on TH900? Last post on 5/20/15 at 12:36am in High-end Audio Forum
- FS: Fostex T10 & T20 (Vintage Orthodynamics) Last post on 1/27/15 at 1:00pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
This review is for the iclever IC-BTH01 Bluetooth Stereo Headset INTRODUCTION Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 213
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD800 are the faster headphones. But the TH900 feel fast. I think I've seen others mention this, but I attribute this perceived lack of speed with the diffuse nature of the soundstage the HD800 throws. The TH900 are very fast for closed headphones though.
Here's some good news looking at the specs of both the DACmini and TH-900s.
The MAX power the DACmin can output based on their website is 1.5W and the TH-900s can take 1.8W (according to the Fostex website). So you should be good with 300mW of buffer.
Agreed. Both are fantastic headphones, but technically speaking I give the slight edge to the HD800s. For a closed headphone, the TH-900s are the "quickest" most agile cans I've heard yet. (FWIW, this is with both driven by my GS-X w/ upgraded modules; the HD800s are run in balanced mode and the TH-900s are single-end).
Sweet !!! Thanks MacendonianHero , I was trying the difference between A1 and DACmini and I forgot DACmini volume to the maximum since I'm taking output from DACmini to A1.
As small review. I notice bass quantity Improvement In A1 but still It's not satisfying another amp on the way.
Balanced TH900, And .... ? Does this bring a real improvement on the sound or sound stage ? Isn't the advantage of going Balanced reduce With very efficient headphone like the TH900 ?
In other Words: I own à RedWine Audio amp With booth SE AND Balanced outputs. Should i rewire my TH900 Balanced ? Will i hear à différence ? :-)
Aside Question Magic Man: what câbling have you used ? Is Lawron's Queen cooper cabling Recommended With the TH900 ou do you recommand another câble ?
I'm using the cable it came with, just terminated for balanced operation (I'm keeping the OEM jack, in case I want to ever restore it to original). Also I have adapters for use with my SE amps.
The difference isn't large, but it doesn't take as much gain to reach an optimal listening level with my BA. They seem to be slightly more controlled, bass is more even and precise. I'm not sure if you'd think it's worth it to void your warranty, but it was for me.
Have you noted the colors of each wire to use for each of the 4 pins ? Could you do a drawing/listing for me ?
Thanks in advance
If your wanting to re-cable, this is a good DIY article. Even though it's for the LCD 2/3
I don't know the coloring, I had a guy do that for me (the arthritis in my hands keeps me from being able to solder).
Hubert appears to have it.
I just bought the Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA ( DAC/AMP with SE + Balanced output). Will it be a good amp for the TH-900 ? Has someone own or tested its predecessor, the Isabellina HPA DAC/AMP ?
I think it'll be pretty excellent. I just got a TH900 delivered a couple hours ago and am running them off the ALO Amphora (same headphone amp as the older generation Isabellina - the one with no tube stage).
So far... sounds wonderful. giving the Stax 007 mk1 a run for the money.
(note: DAC is W4S DAC1 for both)
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 2 minutes ago
- › Beginner Audiophile and need advice on starting Hardware 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Just bought a Fiio X3 2nd Gen - is it defective? 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 4 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 six driver iem 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › AKG Y50 Black On-Ear Headphone with In-Line One-Button Universal... by acain
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)