Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 3:31 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Best Closed Back Over Ear Headphone? Last post on 10/21/14 at 7:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dual listening: Amp with two headphone outputs Last post on 9/28/14 at 3:31pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 80581/23/13 at 3:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 80581/23/13 at 4:54ampost #3183 of 80581/23/13 at 7:24am
The HD800 are the faster headphones. But the TH900 feel fast. I think I've seen others mention this, but I attribute this perceived lack of speed with the diffuse nature of the soundstage the HD800 throws. The TH900 are very fast for closed headphones though.post #3184 of 80581/23/13 at 5:12pmQuote:
Here's some good news looking at the specs of both the DACmini and TH-900s.
The MAX power the DACmin can output based on their website is 1.5W and the TH-900s can take 1.8W (according to the Fostex website). So you should be good with 300mW of buffer.post #3185 of 80581/23/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Agreed. Both are fantastic headphones, but technically speaking I give the slight edge to the HD800s. For a closed headphone, the TH-900s are the "quickest" most agile cans I've heard yet. (FWIW, this is with both driven by my GS-X w/ upgraded modules; the HD800s are run in balanced mode and the TH-900s are single-end).post #3186 of 80581/23/13 at 5:15pmQuote:
Sweet !!! Thanks MacendonianHero , I was trying the difference between A1 and DACmini and I forgot DACmini volume to the maximum since I'm taking output from DACmini to A1.
As small review. I notice bass quantity Improvement In A1 but still It's not satisfying another amp on the way.post #3187 of 80581/23/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
Balanced TH900, And .... ? Does this bring a real improvement on the sound or sound stage ? Isn't the advantage of going Balanced reduce With very efficient headphone like the TH900 ?
In other Words: I own à RedWine Audio amp With booth SE AND Balanced outputs. Should i rewire my TH900 Balanced ? Will i hear à différence ? :-)
Aside Question Magic Man: what câbling have you used ? Is Lawron's Queen cooper cabling Recommended With the TH900 ou do you recommand another câble ?
I'm using the cable it came with, just terminated for balanced operation (I'm keeping the OEM jack, in case I want to ever restore it to original). Also I have adapters for use with my SE amps.
The difference isn't large, but it doesn't take as much gain to reach an optimal listening level with my BA. They seem to be slightly more controlled, bass is more even and precise. I'm not sure if you'd think it's worth it to void your warranty, but it was for me.post #3188 of 80581/24/13 at 1:08amThanks. Do this mean that the câble has 4 wires all the Way ?
Have you noted the colors of each wire to use for each of the 4 pins ? Could you do a drawing/listing for me ?
Thanks in advancepost #3189 of 80581/24/13 at 3:40amQuote:
If your wanting to re-cable, this is a good DIY article. Even though it's for the LCD 2/3post #3190 of 80581/24/13 at 3:48ampost #3191 of 80581/24/13 at 4:22amQuote:
I don't know the coloring, I had a guy do that for me (the arthritis in my hands keeps me from being able to solder).
Hubert appears to have it.post #3192 of 80581/25/13 at 3:30pmpost #3193 of 80581/25/13 at 3:37pmpost #3194 of 80581/25/13 at 3:49pmpost #3195 of 80581/25/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
I just bought the Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA ( DAC/AMP with SE + Balanced output). Will it be a good amp for the TH-900 ? Has someone own or tested its predecessor, the Isabellina HPA DAC/AMP ?
I think it'll be pretty excellent. I just got a TH900 delivered a couple hours ago and am running them off the ALO Amphora (same headphone amp as the older generation Isabellina - the one with no tube stage).
So far... sounds wonderful. giving the Stax 007 mk1 a run for the money.
(note: DAC is W4S DAC1 for both)
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 57 seconds ago
- › CanJam at RMAF 2014 impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 5 minutes ago
- › Current Mode Amplifiers, how do they work? 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 11 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)