Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 5:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- $1000 budget, should I go open or closed? Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:56pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Audeze LCD-XC vs Fostex TH-900 Last post on 1/7/15 at 12:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Greetings everyone. I'm perhaps the newest member of the Vali admiration society. I ordered mine directly from Schiit on a Friday and received it on Saturday ( How is that for service?) I'm...
Me: I am a 21 year old Engineering student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 213
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD800 are the faster headphones. But the TH900 feel fast. I think I've seen others mention this, but I attribute this perceived lack of speed with the diffuse nature of the soundstage the HD800 throws. The TH900 are very fast for closed headphones though.
Here's some good news looking at the specs of both the DACmini and TH-900s.
The MAX power the DACmin can output based on their website is 1.5W and the TH-900s can take 1.8W (according to the Fostex website). So you should be good with 300mW of buffer.
Agreed. Both are fantastic headphones, but technically speaking I give the slight edge to the HD800s. For a closed headphone, the TH-900s are the "quickest" most agile cans I've heard yet. (FWIW, this is with both driven by my GS-X w/ upgraded modules; the HD800s are run in balanced mode and the TH-900s are single-end).
Sweet !!! Thanks MacendonianHero , I was trying the difference between A1 and DACmini and I forgot DACmini volume to the maximum since I'm taking output from DACmini to A1.
As small review. I notice bass quantity Improvement In A1 but still It's not satisfying another amp on the way.
Balanced TH900, And .... ? Does this bring a real improvement on the sound or sound stage ? Isn't the advantage of going Balanced reduce With very efficient headphone like the TH900 ?
In other Words: I own à RedWine Audio amp With booth SE AND Balanced outputs. Should i rewire my TH900 Balanced ? Will i hear à différence ? :-)
Aside Question Magic Man: what câbling have you used ? Is Lawron's Queen cooper cabling Recommended With the TH900 ou do you recommand another câble ?
I'm using the cable it came with, just terminated for balanced operation (I'm keeping the OEM jack, in case I want to ever restore it to original). Also I have adapters for use with my SE amps.
The difference isn't large, but it doesn't take as much gain to reach an optimal listening level with my BA. They seem to be slightly more controlled, bass is more even and precise. I'm not sure if you'd think it's worth it to void your warranty, but it was for me.
Have you noted the colors of each wire to use for each of the 4 pins ? Could you do a drawing/listing for me ?
Thanks in advance
If your wanting to re-cable, this is a good DIY article. Even though it's for the LCD 2/3
I don't know the coloring, I had a guy do that for me (the arthritis in my hands keeps me from being able to solder).
Hubert appears to have it.
I just bought the Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA ( DAC/AMP with SE + Balanced output). Will it be a good amp for the TH-900 ? Has someone own or tested its predecessor, the Isabellina HPA DAC/AMP ?
I think it'll be pretty excellent. I just got a TH900 delivered a couple hours ago and am running them off the ALO Amphora (same headphone amp as the older generation Isabellina - the one with no tube stage).
So far... sounds wonderful. giving the Stax 007 mk1 a run for the money.
(note: DAC is W4S DAC1 for both)
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › FS: Used K601 - Made in Austria 27 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 1 minute ago
- › [CA] V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Excellent Condition 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB! 5 minutes ago
- › Trade Sony XBA-H3 with all accessories for Full-size or other IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)