Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:44 am in Headphones (full-size)
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- is the denon d7000 still king of closed headphones Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which headphones at up to $2000 budget? Last post on 11/26/14 at 1:02am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 213post #3181 of 82441/23/13 at 3:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3182 of 82441/23/13 at 4:54ampost #3183 of 82441/23/13 at 7:24am
The HD800 are the faster headphones. But the TH900 feel fast. I think I've seen others mention this, but I attribute this perceived lack of speed with the diffuse nature of the soundstage the HD800 throws. The TH900 are very fast for closed headphones though.post #3184 of 82441/23/13 at 5:12pmQuote:
Here's some good news looking at the specs of both the DACmini and TH-900s.
The MAX power the DACmin can output based on their website is 1.5W and the TH-900s can take 1.8W (according to the Fostex website). So you should be good with 300mW of buffer.post #3185 of 82441/23/13 at 5:14pmQuote:
Agreed. Both are fantastic headphones, but technically speaking I give the slight edge to the HD800s. For a closed headphone, the TH-900s are the "quickest" most agile cans I've heard yet. (FWIW, this is with both driven by my GS-X w/ upgraded modules; the HD800s are run in balanced mode and the TH-900s are single-end).post #3186 of 82441/23/13 at 5:15pmQuote:
Sweet !!! Thanks MacendonianHero , I was trying the difference between A1 and DACmini and I forgot DACmini volume to the maximum since I'm taking output from DACmini to A1.
As small review. I notice bass quantity Improvement In A1 but still It's not satisfying another amp on the way.post #3187 of 82441/23/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
Balanced TH900, And .... ? Does this bring a real improvement on the sound or sound stage ? Isn't the advantage of going Balanced reduce With very efficient headphone like the TH900 ?
In other Words: I own à RedWine Audio amp With booth SE AND Balanced outputs. Should i rewire my TH900 Balanced ? Will i hear à différence ? :-)
Aside Question Magic Man: what câbling have you used ? Is Lawron's Queen cooper cabling Recommended With the TH900 ou do you recommand another câble ?
I'm using the cable it came with, just terminated for balanced operation (I'm keeping the OEM jack, in case I want to ever restore it to original). Also I have adapters for use with my SE amps.
The difference isn't large, but it doesn't take as much gain to reach an optimal listening level with my BA. They seem to be slightly more controlled, bass is more even and precise. I'm not sure if you'd think it's worth it to void your warranty, but it was for me.post #3188 of 82441/24/13 at 1:08amThanks. Do this mean that the câble has 4 wires all the Way ?
Have you noted the colors of each wire to use for each of the 4 pins ? Could you do a drawing/listing for me ?
Thanks in advancepost #3189 of 82441/24/13 at 3:40amQuote:
If your wanting to re-cable, this is a good DIY article. Even though it's for the LCD 2/3post #3190 of 82441/24/13 at 3:48ampost #3191 of 82441/24/13 at 4:22amQuote:
I don't know the coloring, I had a guy do that for me (the arthritis in my hands keeps me from being able to solder).
Hubert appears to have it.post #3192 of 82441/25/13 at 3:30pmpost #3193 of 82441/25/13 at 3:37pmpost #3194 of 82441/25/13 at 3:49pmpost #3195 of 82441/25/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by bmichels
I just bought the Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA ( DAC/AMP with SE + Balanced output). Will it be a good amp for the TH-900 ? Has someone own or tested its predecessor, the Isabellina HPA DAC/AMP ?
I think it'll be pretty excellent. I just got a TH900 delivered a couple hours ago and am running them off the ALO Amphora (same headphone amp as the older generation Isabellina - the one with no tube stage).
So far... sounds wonderful. giving the Stax 007 mk1 a run for the money.
(note: DAC is W4S DAC1 for both)
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 17 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Close Headphones with a Good Soundstage 4 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV player ( impressions, opinions). 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)