Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- TH900, New contender for the world-class headphones from Fostex? Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:17pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Product Sneak Peaks, CanJam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest (RMAF) - Head-Fi TV, Episode 013 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:34am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- TH900 for sale Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:18am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- What Happened to Head-Fi? (Rant) Last post on 6/19/14 at 2:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for ideal headphone for Fostex HP-A8c Last post on 6/16/14 at 8:57pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/10/14
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 213
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD800 are the faster headphones. But the TH900 feel fast. I think I've seen others mention this, but I attribute this perceived lack of speed with the diffuse nature of the soundstage the HD800 throws. The TH900 are very fast for closed headphones though.
Here's some good news looking at the specs of both the DACmini and TH-900s.
The MAX power the DACmin can output based on their website is 1.5W and the TH-900s can take 1.8W (according to the Fostex website). So you should be good with 300mW of buffer.
Agreed. Both are fantastic headphones, but technically speaking I give the slight edge to the HD800s. For a closed headphone, the TH-900s are the "quickest" most agile cans I've heard yet. (FWIW, this is with both driven by my GS-X w/ upgraded modules; the HD800s are run in balanced mode and the TH-900s are single-end).
Sweet !!! Thanks MacendonianHero , I was trying the difference between A1 and DACmini and I forgot DACmini volume to the maximum since I'm taking output from DACmini to A1.
As small review. I notice bass quantity Improvement In A1 but still It's not satisfying another amp on the way.
Balanced TH900, And .... ? Does this bring a real improvement on the sound or sound stage ? Isn't the advantage of going Balanced reduce With very efficient headphone like the TH900 ?
In other Words: I own à RedWine Audio amp With booth SE AND Balanced outputs. Should i rewire my TH900 Balanced ? Will i hear à différence ? :-)
Aside Question Magic Man: what câbling have you used ? Is Lawron's Queen cooper cabling Recommended With the TH900 ou do you recommand another câble ?
I'm using the cable it came with, just terminated for balanced operation (I'm keeping the OEM jack, in case I want to ever restore it to original). Also I have adapters for use with my SE amps.
The difference isn't large, but it doesn't take as much gain to reach an optimal listening level with my BA. They seem to be slightly more controlled, bass is more even and precise. I'm not sure if you'd think it's worth it to void your warranty, but it was for me.
Have you noted the colors of each wire to use for each of the 4 pins ? Could you do a drawing/listing for me ?
Thanks in advance
If your wanting to re-cable, this is a good DIY article. Even though it's for the LCD 2/3
I don't know the coloring, I had a guy do that for me (the arthritis in my hands keeps me from being able to solder).
Hubert appears to have it.
I just bought the Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA ( DAC/AMP with SE + Balanced output). Will it be a good amp for the TH-900 ? Has someone own or tested its predecessor, the Isabellina HPA DAC/AMP ?
I think it'll be pretty excellent. I just got a TH900 delivered a couple hours ago and am running them off the ALO Amphora (same headphone amp as the older generation Isabellina - the one with no tube stage).
So far... sounds wonderful. giving the Stax 007 mk1 a run for the money.
(note: DAC is W4S DAC1 for both)
- Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread
- › The Ear Pads Thread 34 seconds ago
- › What headphones to get? 1 minute ago
- › New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 review - Take two... 3 minutes ago
- › Very specific, semi-basshead cans required 3 minutes ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)