- 35 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to checking out an exciting new entry to FiiO's expanding earphone lineup, the F1. FiiO really needs no introduction given that their audio equipment has grown...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 37post #541 of 891710/17/12 at 7:51amguys still getting this when i plug my ibasso d2 boa in/out of the usb otg cable on my nexus 7.. <6>[ 1930.223413] Switched to NOHz mode on CPU #1 <6>[ 1930.223985] cpufreq_interactive_input_connect: connect to elan-touchscreen <6>[ 1930.224211] auto_hotplug: CPU1 up. <6>[ 1930.485021] auto_hotplug: Offlining CPU, avg running: 180 <5>[ 1931.508349] CPU1: shutdown <6>[ 1931.512884] auto_hotplug: CPU1 down. <6>[ 1931.646441] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 15 using tegra-ehci <6>[ 1931.649204] auto_hotplug: Onlining single CPU, avg running: 180 <4>[ 1931.671054] CPU1: Booted secondary processor <6>[ 1931.671441] Switched to NOHz mode on CPU #1 <6>[ 1931.672207] cpufreq_interactive_input_connect: connect to elan-touchscreen <6>[ 1931.673538] auto_hotplug: CPU1 up. <6>[ 1931.776511] auto_hotplug: Offlining CPU, avg running: 180 <3>[ 1932.113477] usb 2-1: device not accepting address 15, error -71 <6>[ 1932.228923] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 16 using tegra-ehci <3>[ 1932.696428] usb 2-1: device not accepting address 16, error -71 <6>[ 1932.810482] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 17 using tegra-ehci <5>[ 1932.814452] CPU1: shutdown <6>[ 1932.816541] auto_hotplug: Onlining single CPU, avg running: 180 <6>[ 1932.818571] auto_hotplug: CPU1 down. <6>[ 1932.838477] auto_hotplug: Onlining single CPU, avg running: 230 <4>[ 1932.839107] CPU1: Booted secondary processor <6>[ 1932.839402] Switched to NOHz mode on CPU #1 <6>[ 1932.840607] cpufreq_interactive_input_connect: connect to elan-touchscreen <6>[ 1932.840738] auto_hotplug: CPU1 up. <4>[ 1932.843203] CPU2: Booted secondary processor <6>[ 1932.843405] Switched to NOHz mode on CPU #2 <6>[ 1932.843969] auto_hotplug: CPU2 up. <6>[ 1932.860436] auto_hotplug: Offlining CPU, avg running: 230 <3>[ 1933.021945] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71 <3>[ 1933.334956] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71 <6>[ 1933.558729] usb 2-1: new full speed USB device number 18 using tegra-ehci <3>[ 1933.772683] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71 <5>[ 1933.868010] CPU1: shutdown <6>[ 1933.876927] auto_hotplug: CPU1 down. <3>[ 1934.090424] usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71 Any suggestions?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #542 of 891710/17/12 at 12:22pmYou have always the same error message "usb 2-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71".Do you use a new modded kernel in which "static int old_scheme_first = 1"; substitutes "static int old_scheme_first = 0;"?post #543 of 891710/17/12 at 8:31pmI've got an Evo 4G LTE that is running CM10 with a kernel that has USB host mode support, and USB Host Controller sees my Fiio E7 as a USB DAC, so I'm pretty sure it should work, but I've found no way to actually get audio to be piped through it.post #544 of 891710/17/12 at 8:47pmThread StarterQuote:
It'll be using the stock Jelly Bean implementation of USB Audio, which does NOT work with DACs unless they are made specifically for it. There is a mod to allow the Nexus 7 to utilise DACs not made to operate specifically with the Jelly Bean USB Audio implementation though, so I would check at XDA to see whether anyone has/can port this mod to your 4G LTE.post #545 of 891710/17/12 at 8:58pmpost #546 of 891710/17/12 at 9:43pmI recently got a Galaxy S3, Canadian version (T999V), and tested an old M-Audio Duo USB audio interface I had since long time. To my surprise it worked and sounds great but when I unplug it the audio in the S3 crashes and stops working. I have to restart the phone in order to recover sound. Re-plugging the Duo doesn't bring it back. This interface runs at 44, 48 or 96 kHz sample rate, set through dip switches located in the bottom. I had it set at 48. I've seen videos of people unplugging and plugging DACs to the S3 by just pulling the cable in and out. Is there a safer way of "ejecting" the device to avoid crashes? Any other clues?
Hectorpost #547 of 891710/17/12 at 11:19pmpost #548 of 891710/18/12 at 1:25ampost #549 of 891710/18/12 at 2:45ampost #550 of 891710/18/12 at 4:49am
hey guys, support this bounty to have USB audio added to CM10 or AOKP http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664 ... you don't need to add $, just show your interest! if we can show that a large group of people are dying for this feature it will more likely be added.post #551 of 891710/18/12 at 6:58ampost #552 of 891710/18/12 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by atmospheric
hey guys, support this bounty to have USB audio added to CM10 or AOKP http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1930664 ... you don't need to add $, just show your interest! if we can show that a large group of people are dying for this feature it will more likely be added.
Will this be for all the note 2's also? Or only for the at&t galaxy s3?post #553 of 891710/18/12 at 7:14amQuote:
if the commit is added to CM10 or AOKP it will be for the Samsung galaxy s 3, and will likely be compatible with the galaxy note II dude to their similarity. it could probably be ported to other devices without to much difficulty but this is not guaranteed.
it really boggles my mind why google decided to make a standard for a device, instead of going with the status quo.
edited for accuracy
Edited by atmospheric - 10/19/12 at 8:23ampost #554 of 891710/18/12 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by brandonnash
Any love (USB audio) for the galaxy nexus? I have seen the s3 getting all the praise but a lot of the s3 providers seem reluctant to put out 4.1. AFAIK only Verizon hasn't stepped up for the nexus/4.1 combo. With millions of users I am surprised this hasn't been talked about more.
If I understand the following XDA thread correctly, the standard Galaxy Nexus desktop pogo dock will output digital audio:
Now this is certainly not "portable", and it is not USB audio, but for home listening it might be quite nice. As I have the Galaxy Nexus and this dock, I am seriously thinking about picking up something like the Fiio 17....
Cheerspost #555 of 891710/18/12 at 8:22pm
Hoping to get a little clarification. Looking to get a samsung Note 2 within a few weeks and now hoping to get a usb DAC to pair it with :)
The E17 does not work due to its firmware. Does fiio know about this, and are they coming out with a firmware update? It looks like the unit can have an update. thx all
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 48 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Looing for overear headphones from 100-200euro 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › They might be Kings: Focal Utopia, Sony MDR-Z1R, HiFiMan HE1000 V2... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by PinkyPowers
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear