Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Android phones and USB DACs - Page 304

post #4546 of 5760

Got a new tablet today (LG G Pad 8.3) so tested with both my O2/ODAC & JDS C5D.

 

Running 4.4.2 and it works natively (doesn't require USB APP) with both via USB OTG :)


Edited by jellofund - 7/20/14 at 11:40am
post #4547 of 5760
:DQuote:
Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
 

Got a new tablet today (LG G Pad 8.3) so tested with both my O2/ODAC & JDS C5D.

 

Running 4.4.2 and it works natively (doesn't require USB APP) with both via USB OTG :)

 

 

Look very good, I'm interested to see it it will work with my HUGO, but....

 

- Can you stream 24/96 and /192 natively (without downsampling) to the external DAC without using USB-APP ?

 

- is 128 Gb MicroSD card supported ?  or even... a Micro->SD adapter and a 256Gb SD card ? :D 


Edited by bmichels - 4/19/14 at 1:08am
post #4548 of 5760

Anyone tried some PADS or the NOTE3 with the Micro->SD adapter and a 256Gb SD card ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

or with this ?

 

 


Edited by bmichels - 4/19/14 at 1:03am
post #4549 of 5760

Woah- Micro SD to SD adapters exist?

 

Crazy!

post #4550 of 5760
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

 

Look very good, I'm interested to see it it will work with my HUGO, but....

 

- Can you stream 24/96 and /192 natively (without downsampling) to the external DAC without using USB-APP ?

 

- What is the internal capacity of the device ? is 128 Gb MicroSD card supported ?

 

I would assume it downsamples but not 100% sure as neither of my DACs display the sample rate. If you know of another way to check the outgoing sample rate (think USB APP shows it but not sure about other apps?)  I'd be happy to check this out for you.

 

Device capacity is 11.04GB and looking at LG's website it supports Micro SD cards up to 64GB. I haven't read any reports of anyone having tried a 128GB card so far. 

 

Hope this helps!


Edited by jellofund - 4/19/14 at 1:31am
post #4551 of 5760
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellofund View Post
 

 

I would assume it downsamples but not 100% sure as neither of my DACs display the sample rate. If you know of another way to check the outgoing sample rate (think USB APP shows it but not sure about other apps?)  I'd be happy to check this out for you.

 

Device capacity is 11.04GB and looking at LG's website it supports Micro SD cards up to 64GB. I haven't read any reports of anyone having tried a 128GB card so far. 

 

Hope this helps!

thanks

post #4552 of 5760
Thread Starter 
It'll definitely work with 128gb cards. It will also work with the SD adapter pictured, I have one and it works fine with my Note 3. 128gb microSD cards were announced the day my adapter arrived though, so I haven't bothered with exploring the case mods etc to actually use it in the phone.
post #4553 of 5760

Galaxy Note 3 & music files stored on 2TB USB hard drive

Galaxy Note 3 using UARP in shuffle playback mode >> battery-powered USB hub + Western Digital 2TB My Passport portable USB hard drive >> ODAC >> Neco V3 amp >> Mad Dog headphones

 


Edited by DanBa - 4/19/14 at 4:02pm
post #4554 of 5760

 

Picked up a mint Sony Sp at a bargain price,snappy interface,great screen and 4G for £80,

sounds great from headphone out and even better with OTG natively,I prefer to use the Fiio when portable and better synergy with the Shure SE215.

The OTG hub is handy for the Stoner Acoustics UD100 and extra storage which it will take my sandisk cruzer fit 32GB and microsd cards as well as my older M2 8g.

Although it will only read one card at a time.

I am eagerly awaiting the iFi nano iDSD and hopefully it will be compatible and sound even better.

As well as these DACS the sony connects to the TEAC UD-H01 and AUDIOLAB MDAC.

 

Great battery 7hrs without wifi then 7hrs with, nonstop,of course in aeroplane mode!


Edited by cattlethief - 4/20/14 at 12:46pm
post #4555 of 5760
Good to see that one of those USB hubs will enable audio and data to flow, I was holding out on getting one until I saw some evidence that it would work (external storage + USB audio at the same time).

Cattlethief : could you provide us with a link to your hubs retailler please ? Many thanks for posting.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
post #4556 of 5760
Quote:
Originally Posted by swab View Post

Good to see that one of those USB hubs will enable audio and data to flow, I was holding out on getting one until I saw some evidence that it would work (external storage + USB audio at the same time).

Cattlethief : could you provide us with a link to your hubs retailler please ? Many thanks for posting.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-in-1-Micro-USB-HUB-and-SD-TF-Card-Reader-OTG-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-S3-S2-Note2-/111282904548?pt=UK_Photography_MemoryCardReaders_RL&hash=item19e8fa5de4

 

This is the one I got it was only a few quid so worth the gamble,works!

post #4557 of 5760
Cheers cattlethief, look forward to seeing if this will work with my Moto G, UD110, and a 64GB thumb drive... My only concern is the constraints of the phones OTG power output, have seen mention of phones struggling to power larger capacity thumb drives.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
post #4558 of 5760

"Just in case anybody was wondering. Galaxy S5 USB Audio out works .. Hooray ! 

I haven't extensively tested how much better the audio sounds with USB vs directly from headphone. 

My setup 

S5 >> USB OTG Cable >> USB Cable to my hippo cricri Amp >> Headphones

In case you were wondering, s3 and s4 LTE+ didn't support that. The Note 3 did."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2718220

post #4559 of 5760

A list of stock Android-powered devices reportedly interworking with standard USB DAC:

stock Android device > digital USB audio out >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

http://goo.gl/ksoF0d

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3:

stock Samsung Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

http://goo.gl/yBKivk

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note2:

stock Galaxy Note2 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

http://goo.gl/Ga1jYw

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samung Galaxy S4:

stock Samsung Galaxy S4 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

http://goo.gl/dIwrqp

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note3:

stock Samsung Galaxy Note3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

http://goo.gl/7Bvkhz

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samung Galaxy S5:

stock Samsung Galaxy S5 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

http://goo.gl/zUjud0

 

A list of standard USB DAC reportedly non-interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note2 / S4 / Note3 / S5 using USB Audio Recorder PRO /  USB Audio Player PRO:

http://goo.gl/kHJmfE

 

A list of USB OTG cables:

http://goo.gl/4JyOe5

 

FAQ:

http://goo.gl/A4dCnP

 

The basics:

http://goo.gl/MCFY2x


Edited by DanBa - 4/23/14 at 8:26am
post #4560 of 5760
Still no Sony xperia ray on your list!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Android phones and USB DACs