- 1,749 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Can two DACs interfere with each other? Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:59pm in Computer Audio
- E7 / E10: How much would one of these improve audio? Last post on 5/16/15 at 5:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DAC of Sony Xperia S Last post on 8/27/13 at 12:57am in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung galaxy nexus Last post on 11/17/12 at 10:30pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
Android phones and USB DACs - Page 17post #241 of 86518/21/12 at 4:03pmA Samsung Galaxy S III can interwork with a USB DAC/amp FiiO E17!"I also use the E17 with my phone, which is the Samsung Galaxy S3 which remarkably has the ability to allow usb audio out using a usb on the go cable. This basically means that the phone will output the digital signal of the music without using the internal phone DAC and amp and these functions will be taken care of by the E17.If you simply use a normal 3.5mm jack out of your device into the E17, this is essentially double amping the output ie using your phone DAC and amp, and then amping again through the E17 (Using the 3.5mm input into the E17 rather than the usb means the DAC functionality of the E17 defaults to off). Interestingly, I actually noticed an improvement in sound doing this but technically this is not what is meant to be done. Using a usb audio out however makes a tremendous difference.""I used the official Samsung USB on the go cable as this is the only one that actually worked for me. This seemed strange to me but this is my experience. My phone has been modified however ie rooted with some other system a friend has put on for me. Maybe it works due to this? however it is worth trying the official cable, as none of the others I had would work properly, they would recogise a connection but the dac, keyboard, hardrive etc just would not work."A new E17 with a new firmware?A Samsung Galaxy S III with a modded kernel (i.e. modded USB driver)?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 86518/21/12 at 4:29pmThread Starterpost #243 of 86518/21/12 at 11:57pmQuote:
Will haveto ask Fiio, it doesn't sound difficult for them to change one descriptor.
But I do suspect its a patch in the kernel that was previously discussedpost #244 of 86518/23/12 at 12:51pm
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with a custom Android-powered tablet Asus/Google Nexus 7 as far as I know:
custom Google Nexus 7 > digital audio stream >> USB OTG cable with USB Micro-A plug inserted in the Nexus 7 >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
Slightly customized Nexus 7:
. FiiO E7 (USB DAC/amp):
. FiiO E10 (USB DAC/amp):
. Logitech Gaming Headset G930:
. Practical Devices XM6 (USB DAC/amp):
. Turtle Beach Micro II:
Edited by DanBa - 8/23/12 at 4:00pmpost #245 of 86518/23/12 at 12:52pm
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S III as far as I know:
stock Samsung Galaxy S III > digital audio stream >> USB OTG cable with USB Micro-A plug inserted in the S III >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones
. AMB Labs Gamma2:
. Asus Xonar U3 (USB DAC/amp):
. Behringer UCA222:
. Beresford Caiman:
. C-Media chipset-based sound card Dynamode 7 channel USB 2.0 (USB DAC/amp):
. Cakewalk Sonar SPS 25:
. Corsair HS1 Gaming headset (USB DAC/amp/headphones):
. FiiO E7 (USB DAC/amp):
. Furutech ADL Cruise (USB DAC/amp):
. GoVibe DAC:
. GoVibe Mini USB DAC:
. GoVibe Petite (USB DAC/amp):
. HRT Music Streamer II:
. HeadAmp Pico (USB DAC/amp): (Exynos-based S III has issues with Pico for the time being)
. HeadRoom Total BitHead (USB DAC/amp):
. HeadStage USB DAC cable:
. HiFiMan Express HM-101:
. iBasso D-Zero (USB DAC/amp):
. iBasso D2 Boa (USB DAC/amp):
. iBasso D2+ Boa (USB DAC/amp):
. iBasso D5 (USB DAC/amp):
. iBasso D12 (USB DAC/amp):
. KingRex UD-01:
. Microsoft Philips Digital Sound System 80 (USB DAC/amp/speakers):
. NuForce Icon HDP (USB DAC/preamp/amp):
. Objective DAC (ODAC):
. ODAC+O2 (USB DAC/amp):
. Ordnance .25 (USB DAC/amp):
. RSA Predator (USB DAC/amp):
. Topping D1 Mark 2 (USB DAC/amp):
. Topping TP30 (USB DAC/amp):
Edited by DanBa - 8/27/12 at 12:45pmpost #246 of 86518/24/12 at 5:17am
Awesome. The Galaxy SIII has a nice "Music Square" in which you can select the mood and tempo and the payer auto-magically selects your songs. : ) I've loaded all my music on a 32gb microsd.
Hope to get a dac with usb and it's good to know I can use the phone to play/stream via usb. I'll post a dmesg if and when I do.
Edited by moj0 - 8/24/12 at 6:27ampost #247 of 86518/25/12 at 4:40pmQuote:According to K. Mahediran, his Galaxy S III working with a FiiO E17 is customized:"Regarding the firmware, my friend coded it to get it to work with the e17, it's not a released rom, he did the same for my phone. Whilst it did work, it caused a negative effect on battery so I was charging my phone before the day was through. I went back to the old rom, but he is still trying in his spare time. I will update when I have any news from him."post #248 of 86518/26/12 at 11:37ampost #249 of 86518/27/12 at 11:01ampost #250 of 86518/27/12 at 11:05amQuote:
Where have you seen this? Thanks.post #251 of 86518/27/12 at 1:23pmThread Starterpost #252 of 86518/29/12 at 6:04amQuote:
Personally I think the mod SHOULD be (but isn't) a patch in the alsa drivers to accept the buggy descriptor. Simple, elegant, works, so why the hell not? (Being a programmer, this logic eludes me.)post #253 of 86518/29/12 at 8:36am
Hi, I've just been lurking in this thread for some time. I own a Behringer UCA202 and just recently got a SGS3. I bought a USB OTG cable a while ago and I'm happy to report that I was able to get it working. :)
Here are some photos:
(sorry for the crappy photos, just took them with a low-spec'd phone, LOL)post #254 of 86518/29/12 at 8:47ampost #255 of 86518/29/12 at 10:44am
Welcome to portable audio bliss eldzbitz. I think any Touchwiz based ROM, ICS or JB, should have this functionality. That said, since moving over to JB and being stuck with modified versions of the stock kernel, I do get occasional digital cracking noises. It's just minor enough to be tolerable in the short term. I expect the problem will be gone once the Siyah kernel works on TW JB.
- Android phones and USB DACs
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Audeze LCD-4 just now
- › Amp for beyerdynamic t90 45 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 46 seconds ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016 1 minute ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › "Higher Quality" Files sound better ? 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear