Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727..!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG... - Page 173

post #2581 of 25948

So what is the bass like and overall sound quality on the FX40s compared to the FX101s and E10s?

post #2582 of 25948

so, who is going for the HA-FX31????

post #2583 of 25948

Uhm can someone explain the differences between the,

JVC HA-FX40 and HA-FX101? I've just purchased the FX101 and FR201 and now waiting for them to arrive :),
but now I've just read up on page 83 about the FX40
Which one is are 'better'? (Do they have different sound signatures?)

post #2584 of 25948
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesin View Post

Uhm can someone explain the differences between the,

JVC HA-FX40 and HA-FX101? I've just purchased the FX101 and FR201 and now waiting for them to arrive :),
but now I've just read up on page 83 about the FX40
Which one is are 'better'? (Do they have different sound signatures?)

Yes the FX40 is a more detailed sound with faster speed provided by the carbon nanotubes. JVC is onto something new in the industry with this material for drivers.. The speed of these earphones is approaching balanced armatures which is surprising based off of a dynamic driver but the material they are using in the FX40 makes all the difference..Very clean crisp detailed sound but with great sub bass extension too. Out of all the carbon nanotube based earphones JVC makes these have the biggest bass but retains much of what the material has to offer. Clean detailed sound.

 

The FX101 uses a traditional Neodymium driver magnet that uses a deep bass port in the housing. But JVC tuned these to have a good amount of detailed sound as well so they have a clean sound with even greater sub bass over the FX40. These are more of a fun musical sound signature vs the technical cleaner sound signature of the FX40.

 

Both are excellent for the price.

post #2585 of 25948

Thanks, you summed it all up very well!
So these IEM's can compete to much higher tier IEM which is what everyone is raving about ksc75smile.gif?

Quote
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

Yes the FX40 is a more detailed sound with faster speed provided by the carbon nanotubes. JVC is onto something new in the industry with this material for drivers.. The speed of these earphones is approaching balanced armatures which is surprising based off of a dynamic driver but the material they are using in the FX40 makes all the difference..Very clean crisp detailed sound but with great sub bass extension too. Out of all the carbon nanotube based earphones JVC makes these have the biggest bass but retains much of what the material has to offer. Clean detailed sound.

 

The FX101 uses a traditional Neodymium driver magnet that uses a deep bass port in the housing. But JVC tuned these to have a good amount of detailed sound as well so they have a clean sound with even greater sub bass over the FX40. These are more of a fun musical sound signature vs the technical cleaner sound signature of the FX40.

 

Both are excellent for the price.

post #2586 of 25948
Thread Starter 

To put it simply. The JVC FX101s for being a proper bassy earphones at the cost of a plate of eggs and bacon is easily as good as top tier bassy earphones.

 

The FX40s are astounding for their cost. Everyone knows about the various budget finds that I have done. None of them compete with these. These will give older earphones like the Klipsch S4 and the like seem like they are the cheaper phones.

post #2587 of 25948

Ahh, I honestly don't know whether to get the FX101s or FX40s. I listen to quite a wide variety of music (dubstep, dance, trance, rap, R&B, pop, rock, house, techno)


Edited by Mackem - 7/8/12 at 10:47am
post #2588 of 25948
Thread Starter 

The FXD80s are more for instruments n vocals more so, Jazz, classical, rock, pop.  Now if you want to get a higher end FX40 and want that type of speed and imaging. The FXD70 is actually the natural upgrade to the FXD40 sound. They are leaning more toward a musical sound and has the bigger bass presence over the FXD80 because of their closed in design. I just got them yesterday and they are actually the upgraded sound over the FX40s. 070712134454.jpg Very nice earphones. I love the imaging on these JVC earphones.. FX40, FXD70, FXD80.

post #2589 of 25948

I just realized I wrote FX80s, I meant FX40s, oops!

post #2590 of 25948
Thread Starter 

Try out a FX101. You are gonna be surprised at how great they will sound with your music. I listen to a lot of EDM and hiphop myself using them. Later on get yourself a FX40.


Edited by Dsnuts - 7/8/12 at 10:23am
post #2591 of 25948

I might just do that. The sound quality on my E10s seems pretty good to me but I've never really had much better (Started with Creative EP-630 then SoundMAGIC PL11 then E10s)

post #2592 of 25948
post #2593 of 25948
Thread Starter 

S just stands for silver color. Just look for the cheapest FX40 option. They are all the same but with different colors. FX40b being black.


Though what is interesting it seems the Asian version has a different cord with a L jack instead of the straight one we get.

post #2594 of 25948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

The FXD80s are more for instruments n vocals more so, Jazz, classical, rock, pop.  Now if you want to get a higher end FX40 and want that type of speed and imaging. The FXD70 is actually the natural upgrade to the FXD40 sound. They are leaning more toward a musical sound and has the bigger bass presence over the FXD80 because of their closed in design. I just got them yesterday and they are actually the upgraded sound over the FX40s. 070712134454.jpg Very nice earphones. I love the imaging on these JVC earphones.. FX40, FXD70, FXD80.

now you need to get the FXD60etysmile.gif

post #2595 of 25948
Thread Starter 

Ya the thing is I wouldn't be surprised if the FXD60s are great sounding earphones as well. SO far everything JVC has done this year has been stellar. They are the Japanese company to beat this year imo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710! sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727..!