I'm going to have to think about this for a while before I decide if I should be upset about it. Number one is I flat refuse to pay that much for a set of headphones. Number 2, I'm extremely happy with the r2's and really feel I have found the one headphone for me so even if I had the money I probably wouldn't buy them
However, It kind of rubs me the wrong way when a company releases a revision then 4 months later releases a new model.
Next question, how much better could they be?