New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First photo of E17 - Page 3

post #31 of 123
Thread Starter 

未命名.jpg

post #32 of 123

Looks sexy, great job Fiio!!

post #33 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

未命名.jpg



me gusta.jpg

post #34 of 123

Looks great, I am interested to see how big it is compared to the E7, not that it will effect my purchase, I've been holding out for an E7 because of this coming out and don't intend on changing my mind :)

post #35 of 123


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

SQ and more feature. 

 

SQ: 96/24t@USB 192/24@coax/optical , better amp  

 

Feature:  more input, balance, bass&treble, gain switcher, hardware hold switcher.


You'd mentioned coax/optical input, will the connection be natively on the e17 (highly doubt it)  or will there be a special adapter for it?? And can I use coax/optical input when e17 is docked on the e9??? I'm really happy about fiio bring optical/coax input to the e17, but kind of confused how it is implemented.biggrin.gifconfused.gif

 

飞傲加油!!

Greetings from a fellow countryman

 

post #36 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforheather View Post

You'd mentioned coax/optical input, will the connection be natively on the e17 (highly doubt it)  or will there be a special adapter for it?? And can I use coax/optical input when e17 is docked on the e9??? I'm really happy about fiio bring optical/coax input to the e17, but kind of confused how it is implemented.biggrin.gifconfused.gif


Both coax and optical can be done through a 3.5mm socket, so I don't see why there should be a problem with connecting things. Special cables may be necessary for the optical though.
post #37 of 123

How much is this going to be? I am interested.

post #38 of 123

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiao View Post

in our roadmap, E7+E9 is different kind of product with E17, as you can have a low at below, the sequency is depend on price from low to high

 

1, E7:         Portable USB DAC+AMP,  USB 16BIT/48K                                                       US$100 (reference) 

2, E9:         Desktop AMP                                                                                                 US$120 (reference) 

3, E17:       Portable USB DAC+AMP,   USB 24BIT/96K, Optical/Coaxial 24BIT/128K            US$190 (reference) 

4, E7+E9: COMBO                                                                                                         US$190 (reference) 

5, E15:        Desktop USB DAC+AMP,  USB 24BIT/96K, Optical/Coaxial 24BIT/128K            US$290  (reference)

6, E17+E9:  COMBO                                                                                                        US$290  (reference)

 

So you can choose the best solution for yourself. 

 

We may use the different DAC in E17 and E15 because some DAC need more power so it is not suitable in portable device.  if compare with the combo of E17+E9 with E15, you will find that 

 

Or you get the best DAC or you get two device that is more  flexible.


From here http://www.head-fi.org/t/536552/fiio-e17-speculations/45


Edited by hotsport - 10/1/11 at 2:51am
post #39 of 123

This E17 will cost $190?!? eek.gif

post #40 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

This E17 will cost $190?!? eek.gif

 

Name another 96kHz/24bit battery powered portable DAC/Amp (and a real working amp section at that) for less.

post #41 of 123

Also, notice those reference prices are from March. The price could go up or down a bit. for example, the E7 on that comparison is priced at $100 but I've seen it around $85 for a while now

post #42 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post

 

Name another 96kHz/24bit battery powered portable DAC/Amp (and a real working amp section at that) for less.



I see, but in my case (and I believe it's the case of a large number of users) I just use the E7 together with the E9 (same for the E17, if I'd buy it). The portable part of it doesn't mean anything to me. Maybe it would be a good idea if Fiio launched a "chopped" version of this E17, without the amp+battery part, and that way it could be a lot cheaper, and would make more sence to use with the E9. Just my 2 cents... wink.gif

post #43 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

I see, but in my case (and I believe it's the case of a large number of users) I just use the E7 together with the E9 (same for the E17, if I'd buy it). The portable part of it doesn't mean anything to me. Maybe it would be a good idea if Fiio launched a "chopped" version of this E17, without the amp+battery part, and that way it could be a lot cheaper, and would make more sence to use with the E9. Just my 2 cents... wink.gif


... They did. It's called the E10. ($80)

 

It may not dock, but you can set it on top of the E9 and it'll cover up the dock and look like a nice DAC sitting on top of an amp.


Edited by Riku540 - 10/2/11 at 3:08am
post #44 of 123

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku540 View Post

... They did. It's called the E10. ($80)

 

It may not dock, but you can set it on top of the E9 and it'll cover up the dock and look like a nice DAC sitting on top of an amp.


You're almost right, if the E10 had an RCA/jack input, where I could plug my CD player (which I do on my E9). Since it's not possible, I'll have to stick with an E10 (I'm seriously thinking in buying one as soon as it gets to Europe) and maintain the E9 just for the CD player (and probably selling the E7, since it becomes pointless while having the E10 at the same time)... rolleyes.gif

 

 

The E10 would be perfect for me with that RCA/jack input! wink.gif

 

post #45 of 123

Quote:

Originally Posted by putente View Post

 

You're almost right, if the E10 had an RCA/jack input, where I could plug my CD player (which I do on my E9). Since it's not possible, I'll have to stick with an E10 (I'm seriously thinking in buying one as soon as it gets to Europe) and maintain the E9 just for the CD player (and probably selling the E7, since it becomes pointless while having the E10 at the same time)... rolleyes.gif

 

 

The E10 would be perfect for me with that RCA/jack input! wink.gif

 


The thing is, they already offer two portable DAC/Amps that support analog input: the E7 and E17. One is $85, the other is about $190, with a large performance gap between them.

 

The E10 by design is a completely different package as it offers a minimalist design to offer a better transportable DAC for those who do not need a completely portable solution. Not only is an analog input unnecessary for a DAC, having it would add to the cost. They have the E11, which is there for those who want a portable analog input, and of course, the E9 as a desktop solution.

 

What I'm saying is, they basically have a product for just about every possible combination of scenarios you could possibly ask for. How much more flexibility do you want?

 

You already have the E7+E9... is that not good enough?

 

Unless you need the 96kHz/24bit, there's really no reason to upgrade from the E7 unless you simply aren't satisfied with it. If that's the case, well... you can't have everything.

 

Bottom line is, FiiO offers a product for all levels; low - Hi-Fi. All are priced accordingly and competitively lower than most competing brands.

 

The $190 price tag for the E17 is justified to me.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO