Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro

post #1 of 2084
Thread Starter 

Ultrasone is going to sell an unlimited headphone

Signature Pro

http://www.lyra-media.com/teach_details.php?id=35

 

The headphone is a semi-copy of Edition 9 plus Pro series

this is a new series

They say that the Signature pro is like a new series between edition9 and 8

With those great leather pad, glass on the outside, and portability

now you can switch the wires :)

 

sigh~ i just bought edition8 limited...

post #2 of 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austiny6 View Post

Ultrasone is going to sell an unlimited headphone

Signature Pro

http://www.lyra-media.com/teach_details.php?id=35

 

The headphone is a semi-copy of Edition 9 plus Pro series

this is a new series

They say that the Signature pro is like a new series between edition9 and 8

With those great leather pad, glass on the outside, and portability

now you can switch the wires :)

 

sigh~ i just bought edition8 limited...


 

Oh~ I'm looking forward to hearing more about this.

post #3 of 2084

^^Sounds veryyy interesting, definietly worth a listen.

post #4 of 2084

Nice! beerchug.gif

post #5 of 2084

I think I'll wait for the Ultrasone Edition 11 Signature Premium Ultra Limited Edition Unlimited Pro model myself.

 

Really, this is really gettings silly.

 

Ultrasones recipe for sales appears to be : repeat the same phone, the same crappy headband, the same weirdo FR-response and an outlandish price. Just change the graphics, styling and name.

 

 

 

post #6 of 2084

Heya,

 

No silver back? Bleh! Love silver back!

 

Very best,

post #7 of 2084

Well, I do prefer the looks of my Pro 900 by far. And unlike some, I do find them to be quite comfortable and with an ok price/performance ratio. Still, the idea of a mix between Ed. 8 and 9 sounds interesting, along with the convenience of detachable cables.

post #8 of 2084

ultra0826_open.jpg

 

I can't tell if I think it's ugly or not. I always thought the ED9s were ugly, but the Pro 900s and ED8s are quite sharp...

I would love to see a better picture.

post #9 of 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzilla View Post

ultra0826_open.jpg

 

I can't tell if I think it's ugly or not. I always thought the ED9s were ugly, but the Pro 900s and ED8s are quite sharp...

I would love to see a better picture.



There's a few pictures at the bottom on that page. I'd say they look very old. Pro900s look better, ed8 look a million times better!
Interesting to see a company releasing new models reasonably often mind!
post #10 of 2084

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post

I think I'll wait for the Ultrasone Edition 11 Signature Premium Ultra Limited Edition Unlimited Pro model myself.

 

Really, this is really gettings silly.

 

Ultrasones recipe for sales appears to be : repeat the same phone, the same crappy headband, the same weirdo FR-response and an outlandish price. Just change the graphics, styling and name.

 

 


Not sure what you mean. Ultrasone is definitely missing something. The EDITION models are so overpriced it's ridiculous. The PRO and HFI models are fairly well priced but nothing that could actually compete with the likes of Denon D7000 or ATH W1000X. It seems they're trying to make a line that would fill that gap.

 

post #11 of 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post

I think I'll wait for the Ultrasone Edition 11 Signature Premium Ultra Limited Edition Unlimited Pro model myself.

 

Really, this is really gettings silly.

 

Ultrasones recipe for sales appears to be : repeat the same phone, the same crappy headband, the same weirdo FR-response and an outlandish price. Just change the graphics, styling and name.

 

 

 


Hahaha brilliant!  

 

post #12 of 2084


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketbaby View Post




There's a few pictures at the bottom on that page. I'd say they look very old. Pro900s look better, ed8 look a million times better!
Interesting to see a company releasing new models reasonably often mind!


Right you are! All I saw was "picture + Chinese", I didn't bother to scroll.

Kind of nice looking now that I get down there.

 

Should be interesting to see where they fall price/performance wise.

Something up from the Pro900 but more obtainable than the ED8s would be pretty nice.

 

post #13 of 2084

A step up from the Pro900 would be very nice. I love my pair but i'm not sure how exactly they obtain the "pro" tag? They just aren't flat enough to do anything professional with? The mid is so recessed compared to the rest of their sound. I haven't tried using them for Dj'ing (yet), i've been meaning to get round to it, but i think they'd only work well coming out of a good sounding mixer (Pioneer / Allen & Heath). As for (dance) music production, my HD25s do a much better job!

 

I love them nontheless!

post #14 of 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

Not sure what you mean. Ultrasone is definitely missing something. The EDITION models are so overpriced it's ridiculous. The PRO and HFI models are fairly well priced but nothing that could actually compete with the likes of Denon D7000 or ATH W1000X. It seems they're trying to make a line that would fill that gap.


I mean that they are missing a model from their line up that is a step up above beyond everything they've done before.

 

You know, a headphone that doesn't sound constricted, unnatural, metallic and isn't painful to wear.

 

A real headphone.

 

That's what I want from Ultrasone. That they pull their heads out of the sand, get a real headphone designer and make a good sounding pair of headphones.

 

With all the mumbo-jumbo marketing speech I would think they'd have at least one headphone that does really good sound and is worth the outlandish price.

 

Just one. That would be enough.

 

Am I being harsh? Perhaps, but I think they deserve it.

 

 

post #15 of 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by halcyon View Post


I mean that they are missing a model from their line up that is a step up above beyond everything they've done before.

 

You know, a headphone that doesn't sound constricted, unnatural, metallic and isn't painful to wear.

 

A real headphone.

 

That's what I want from Ultrasone. That they pull their heads out of the sand, get a real headphone designer and make a good sounding pair of headphones.

 

With all the mumbo-jumbo marketing speech I would think they'd have at least one headphone that does really good sound and is worth the outlandish price.

 

Just one. That would be enough.

 

Am I being harsh? Perhaps, but I think they deserve it.

 

 



Aren't you the hater that posted a load of bs on another thread about Ultrasones? It's too bad you don't like the sound of Ultrasones, but that's your own opinion, and like yours, there are lots of people who think the exact opposite.

 

A real headphone designer, as in aesthetics? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find Ultrasones in general to be visual appealing to my tastes and quite comfortable, which is actually another thing I never understood of people complaining about comfort with these headphones.

 

With that being said, I don't like the look of these Signature Pros, but that's a bit unfair since Ed. 8s are just about the most beautiful headphones ever, IMHO, and the Pro 900s aren't too shabby either. Also, all Ed. series should be less expensive, no doubt there, but that could force Pro series prices to drop as well, which wouldn't be such a bad move as it would put quite some pressure on the $300 price range.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro