New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 EARS V6 Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by antberg View Post

 

Isn't the Quads to have surely more bass than the V3,so way more recommended for bassheads?

 

Hmm V3 is more 'fun' (V shaped) where as Quads are more neutral.

 

That is what I have noticed from reading several threads here, Joker's included.

post #302 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post

 

Hmm V3 is more 'fun' (V shaped) where as Quads are more neutral.

 

That is what I have noticed from reading several threads here, Joker's included.

Ahh, dang it. If this is true, I should have gone with the Quads instead. I do notice the V3's having a bit of a V-shaped sound signature (this is in comparison to my AKG K271 MKII). I thought the Quads were less neutral considering that they have more bass?

I'm curious as to how the Quads compare to the V3 in terms of articulation, soundstage, transient attack/decay, etc... instead of just sound signature though. Can anyone point me to some comparisons if they do exist?

post #303 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post

 

Hmm V3 is more 'fun' (V shaped) where as Quads are more neutral.

 

That is what I have noticed from reading several threads here, Joker's included.

I heard that the V3 is neutral with the highs a bit toned down (less sparkle but not to the degree of veil) whilst the Quads are bassier?

post #304 of 926

^ that's what I've read as well. Seems like the V4 satisfies a number of "bassheads"

post #305 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

^ that's what I've read as well. Seems like the V4 satisfies a number of "bassheads"

 

Unless I've missed something I think you're a bit mistaken. The quad driver is the 1964-Q and is not part of the V line, although presumably they may updated it to a V4 later.

post #306 of 926

My mistake, I meant the 1964-Q. I keep saying V4 for some reason.

 

Anyhow, I live in Portland and will hopefully be giving some demo units of the 1964-Q and V6 a listen this weekend. I will post my impressions/comparisons to other IEMs I've heard, specifically the ASG-1 and Heir 4.Ai, which I will have with me to A/B.

post #307 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

My mistake, I meant the 1964-Q. I keep saying V4 for some reason.

 

Anyhow, I live in Portland and will hopefully be giving some demo units of the 1964-Q and V6 a listen this weekend. I will post my impressions/comparisons to other IEMs I've heard, specifically the ASG-1 and Heir 4.Ai, which I will have with me to A/B.

 

Very cool, I look forward to your 4.Ai comparison especially.

post #308 of 926

definitely need someone to do a comparison between V6 and other 6 drivers IEM such as Micracle or JH13, it would be appreciated.

post #309 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post

definitely need someone to do a comparison between V6 and other 6 drivers IEM such as Micracle or JH13, it would be appreciated.
My Miracle shall come within 2 weeks. Then I can do a comparison
post #310 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Bao Quan View Post

My Miracle shall come within 2 weeks. Then I can do a comparison

popcorn.gif
post #311 of 926

very interested in their V6. actually i was going to get a pair, but at last i decided to buy JH11...

post #312 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sibilantz View Post

 

Hmm V3 is more 'fun' (V shaped) where as Quads are more neutral.

 

That is what I have noticed from reading several threads here, Joker's included.

 

Don't think so, the Quads have always been described by all as being fairly bass heavy with smooth highs that are easy to listen to for hours. Not exactly neutral by the strictest definition. 

 

And Joker doesn't have the Quads - he does have the V3 and the older 1964-T, so maybe that's what you were thinking of? 

 

It seems to me that the V3 is like a junior version of the Quads, with slightly less of a bass boost. 

post #313 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

 

Don't think so, the Quads have always been described by all as being fairly bass heavy with smooth highs that are easy to listen to for hours. Not exactly neutral by the strictest definition. 

 

And Joker doesn't have the Quads - he does have the V3 and the older 1964-T, so maybe that's what you were thinking of? 

 

It seems to me that the V3 is like a junior version of the Quads, with slightly less of a bass boost. 

 

That was very much my experience when I compared the V3's and the Quads.

Very similar, but the Quads could push the bottom end as much as I wanted without ever feeling overly bassy.

post #314 of 926

I sent back my demos for the Duals and V3's, but held onto the Quads.

I included my impressions, so they are ready to go once I make a decision...

 

I got a tracking number today for a set of V6 demo's basshead.gif

I'll post pics and a comparison between the Quads and V6's as soon as I can.

 

tongue_smile.gif  I am soooo ready to pull the trigger on my first CIEM's

post #315 of 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo2112 View Post

I sent back my demos for the Duals and V3's, but held onto the Quads.

I included my impressions, so they are ready to go once I make a decision...

 

I got a tracking number today for a set of V6 demo's basshead.gif

I'll post pics and a comparison between the Quads and V6's as soon as I can.

 

tongue_smile.gif  I am soooo ready to pull the trigger on my first CIEM's

Are we able to ask 1964 for demos? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: