Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review... - Page 247

post #3691 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

I have not heard any of those three, and have only heard other select products from each manufacturer, so I really can't comment.  I may be able to hear the Roxanne universal at some point in the future, but am not sure I will hear the K10.

 

 

Yes, I was surprised by the low price and like the smaller form factor, if for no other reason, because it is different.  I do think I get less looks in they gym since it sits further in my ear.

 

Perfect Seal has a storied past, designing and making branded and non-branded CIEMs throughout the years.  I believe the soft canal is the same as the Westone.

Another question. If I buy a pair of secondhand CIEM and have it reshelled. Would it change the original sound?

post #3692 of 3831
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Short answer, no~ But I still need to test K10 on the Anedio D2 to confirm. 

 

Basically, Roxanne is a typical JHA (non-FP) sounding product, but with larger space, better depth and of course tunable bass. Overall it's less neutral than my JH13 FP.

 

Noble K10 still have some of the heir audio house warm sound too, but it's a great improvement over the 8.a IMO, with better coherence, more linear and neutral with more controlled/punchy bass (it can still sound a a bit less controlled compared to SE5/NT6 sometimes depending on the songs, again I will need to confirm this).

 

Overall I prefer the more neutral sound of K10 over Roxanne, just my preference. But IMO I don't think "they replace anything that was previously a top performer for the sound sig". 

 

Hmmm, interesting comments on the Roxanne.  How neutral is the K10 compared with some others, such as the SE5?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post


SE5way is still the king then? Good :D We will need your Harmony 8 comparison too though.

 

The H8 is one CIEM I am very interested in due to the performance of the Music One.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yilun View Post
 

Another question. If I buy a pair of secondhand CIEM and have it reshelled. Would it change the original sound?

 

Possibly.  Changing tube length, filter placement, and in general your ear configuration all play into the sound signature, so it would most likely change at least by a bit.  Hopefully the overall sound would stay similar.  I had a TF10 reshelled and I could compare with my stock TF10.  I thought the reshell sounded better due to a smoother, more balanced treble section, but it didn't sound like the original.  The fix was done by adjusting the treble filter location, and just by a mm or so.

 

You will never really know, which may or may not be an issue depending on your perspective.

post #3693 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

Hmmm, interesting comments on the Roxanne.  How neutral is the K10 compared with some others, such as the SE5?

 

Actually I do find K10 has a slightly more neutral sound signature with a touch of warmth. However SE5 is technically superior. SE5 has more upper mid presentation, making the vocals more evolving (combined with it's treble extension), specially male vocals. but K10 isn't lacking. K10 has a bit more lower treble (closer to neutral, brighter sounding),so it can sound clearer than SE5 on instant listening. However due to the legendary treble extension of SE5, the overall brightness of SE5 is about the same as K10 with SE5 being more dependent on different songs. K10 sounds a little bit smaller than SE5 in terms of space.

 

K10's warmth sometimes comes from it's bass too, as I mentioned the bass is a bit slow and has quantity that's more than neutral.

But, I won't be surprised someone (who hasn't heard of SE5's treble extension) call K10 VERY neutral,  I think you know where I am going. The sound is very linear between 250 - 11000 Hz. 

 

Again I will need to confirm on desktop system ;)


Edited by tupac0306 - 5/6/14 at 8:38am
post #3694 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

Hmmm, interesting comments on the Roxanne.  How neutral is the K10 compared with some others, such as the SE5?

 

Actually I do find K10 has a slightly more neutral sound signature with a touch of warmth. However SE5 is technically superior. SE5 has more upper mid presentation, making the vocals more evolving (combined with it's treble extension), specially male vocals. but K10 isn't lacking. K10 has a bit more lower treble (closer to neutral, brighter sounding),so it can sound clearer than SE5 on instant listening. However due to the legendary treble extension of SE5, the overall brightness of SE5 is about the same as K10 with SE5 being more dependent on different songs. K10 sounds a little bit smaller than SE5 in terms of space.

 

K10's warmth sometimes comes from it's bass too, as I mentioned the bass is a bit slow and has quantity that's more than neutral.

But, I won't be surprised someone (who hasn't heard of SE5's treble extension) call K10 VERY neutral,  I think you know where I am going. The sound is very linear between 250 - 11000 Hz. 

 

Again I will need to confirm on desktop system ;)

Hey tupac, I realize that there are different horses for different courses, but for those of us that cannot afford the cost of or spousal upheaval of buying all the TOTL CIEMs like you, can you rate these for us a bit. Given the typical desert island question, what would be the top 5 picks for only being able to bring 1, and in what order of preference?

 

Based on your comments so far, it sounds like the SE5 still sits on top as king, would I be able to cover the broadest range of listening options by adding it to my NT6pro, or would I be missing something that the K10 and Roxanne provide?

post #3695 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

Hey tupac, I realize that there are different horses for different courses, but for those of us that cannot afford the cost of or spousal upheaval of buying all the TOTL CIEMs like you, can you rate these for us a bit. Given the typical desert island question, what would be the top 5 picks for only being able to bring 1, and in what order of preference?

 

Based on your comments so far, it sounds like the SE5 still sits on top as king, would I be able to cover the broadest range of listening options by adding it to my NT6pro, or would I be missing something that the K10 and Roxanne provide?

Subb'd for tupac's ratings.  :popcorn:

post #3696 of 3831

Best for one person does not mean best for everyone. When you get to the TOTL, there is no one best, it comes down to personal preference etc. imo

post #3697 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

Best for one person does not mean best for everyone. When you get to the TOTL, there is no one best, it comes down to personal preference etc. imo


I second that. When you can get to the highest end products, they usually perform at more or less the same level but different presentations and signatures so it depends on what you are looking for at the end. While one person can be treble head and let's say choose NT6 or NT6 Pro, it might not be the best ciem for someone who is looking for warmer, smoother tones.

post #3698 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

Best for one person does not mean best for everyone. When you get to the TOTL, there is no one best, it comes down to personal preference etc. imo

Exactly. We should make choice based more on personal preference rather than FR curves.

post #3699 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by yilun View Post
 

Exactly. We should make choice based more on personal preference rather than FR curves.

What?  Graphs = Sound.  Finito.  :evil:   Kidding. :biggrin:

 

post #3700 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

What?  Graphs = Sound.  Finito.  :evil:   Kidding. :biggrin:

 

I saw a man talking about FR curves all the time. It seems he listens to the music with his eyes rather than ears.LOL

post #3701 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

Hey tupac, I realize that there are different horses for different courses, but for those of us that cannot afford the cost of or spousal upheaval of buying all the TOTL CIEMs like you, can you rate these for us a bit. Given the typical desert island question, what would be the top 5 picks for only being able to bring 1, and in what order of preference?

 

Based on your comments so far, it sounds like the SE5 still sits on top as king, would I be able to cover the broadest range of listening options by adding it to my NT6pro, or would I be missing something that the K10 and Roxanne provide?

I did have a rating chart before. I will add in the new ones shortly, specially after harmony 8.

 

But for now:

 

with K10 has a overall score of 92-93 (I may change this after hearing it on desktop source). Actually I do feel NT6 is technically superior, but I cannot deny the linearity of K10 within the frequency range I mentioned. And K10 does suit my sound preference and taste. I can stand neutral sound with a little warmth, but I can't stand neutral sound being a little bright (I will always want to make it warmer).If you are completely fine with the brightness of NT6 P and does not feel like you want to rest a little after a certain time of listening, maybe you don't need K10. but K10 will be a good choice if you want something that's neutral and organic. K10 could have got 94, however the bass isn't really what I expected, maybe it will get more controlled on proper source, but for now, NT6/6P and SE5 win for bass quality and control.

 

As for Roxanne, it will be around 86-87. really not my taste, it does have improved aspects compared to JH13 FP, however it sacrifice a lot of things too.

 

Ohh, EM32 will be around 86-87 too.

post #3702 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

I did have a rating chart before. I will add in the new ones shortly, specially after harmony 8.

 

But for now:

 

with K10 has a overall score of 92-93 (I may change this after hearing it on desktop source). Actually I do feel NT6 is technically superior, but I cannot deny the linearity of K10 within the frequency range I mentioned. And K10 does suit my sound preference and taste. I can stand neutral sound with a little warmth, but I can't stand neutral sound being a little bright (I will always want to make it warmer).If you are completely fine with the brightness of NT6 P and does not feel like you want to rest a little after a certain time of listening, maybe you don't need K10. but K10 will be a good choice if you want something that's neutral and organic. K10 could have got 94, however the bass isn't really what I expected, maybe it will get more controlled on proper source, but for now, NT6/6P and SE5 win for bass quality and control.

 

As for Roxanne, it will be around 86-87. really not my taste, it does have improved aspects compared to JH13 FP, however it sacrifice a lot of things too.

 

Ohh, EM32 will be around 86-87 too.

How did you get the overall score? It didn't seem to me that the overall score was simply the average score.

Have you heard the mh335dw?How would you rate it if so?


Edited by yilun - 5/6/14 at 9:12pm
post #3703 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by yilun View Post
 

How did you get the overall score? It didn't seem to me that the overall score was simply the average score.

Have you heard the mh335dw?How would you rate it if so?

Yes, I hear very similar to what AJ hears, that's why we are friends. :p just kidding. I rate it simply from my own experiences. And I do hear things that are different from AJ does, for example, on heir 8.a.

 

I have only heard of the demo of mh335dw, so I don't think I would rate it, because it's not fair to judge a CIEM/IEM on only a few minutes/hours listening.

post #3704 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Yes, I hear very similar to what AJ hears, that's why we are friends. :p just kidding. I rate it simply from my own experiences. And I do hear things that are different from AJ does, for example, on heir 8.a.

 

I have only heard of the demo of mh335dw, so I don't think I would rate it, because it's not fair to judge a CIEM/IEM on only a few minutes/hours listening.

Yeah, I see. Both of you gave NT-6 a high score and SE5 a higher score. I made purchases mainly based on your reviews and they always gave me what I wanted exactly. 

Now I'm curious about the VE xcontrol but it's hard to find reviews on it. Would you review it some time?

post #3705 of 3831
Quote:
Originally Posted by yilun View Post
 

Yeah, I see. Both of you gave NT-6 a high score and SE5 a higher score. I made purchases mainly based on your reviews and they always gave me what I wanted exactly. 

Now I'm curious about the VE xcontrol but it's hard to find reviews on it. Would you review it some time?

I don't think so. But I have heard good things about it. I think I have lost my interest a little bit, maybe I have seen clearly what's going on. Marketing/reviews is always better than what it usually sounds. I think I will stop for a while after harmony. Also it's about enjoying music, not comparing :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)