Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones - Page 196

post #2926 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikfreedom View Post
 

http://www.audiophileexperts.com/en/linar-audio-a105-power-amplifier.html

 

linar audio a105 stereo pure class A amplifier. 50watts rms x2 into 8 ohms. 65 pounds.

 

from the founder of simaudio, victor sima. the shop is located in Ottawa Canada. very small factory and he has only one dealer in montreal.

 

http://linaraudio.com/en/products.html

 

A115 Stereo MOSFET Power Amplifier could also be a great candidate to drive he-6. class a/B 150 watts into 8 ohms.

 

they cost 8500 bucks wich is half the price of comparable luxmans, esoteric, musical fidelity. they are cheaper cause the guy wants to stay very small and he only sells in montreal and does not care. but you can find these amps sometimes on canuckaudiomart.

 

I want the 50 watts pure class A. I am spotting for a used one.


I'll be waiting on your impressions :popcorn:

post #2927 of 3098
Love the Simaudio gear so this should be special.
post #2928 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post

Every few weeks or so I feel like i should just chime in and remind people that you don't need a speaker amp for the HE-6 to sound really good.
+1 i agree totally..no more words needed actually..as most of u guys know which headphone amp i mean wink.gif
post #2929 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


+1 i agree totally..no more words needed actually..as most of u guys know which headphone amp i mean wink.gif

uh, which one?

post #2930 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukem5 View Post

uh, which one?
Check the signature under my post, and u will find ur answer biggrin.gif
post #2931 of 3098
:wink:uote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Check the signature under my post, and u will find ur answer biggrin.gif

My God, rookie lives ! I thought you would never surface again after the "devilish" amp that you own. How is it going with the amp and the Code-X?

post #2932 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

My God, rookie lives ! I thought you would never surface again after the "devilish" amp that you own. How is it going with the amp and the Code-X?
Hehehehe well am still alive..but am in love with this amp and my phones...enjoying every night some hours of musical bliss.
And since last wednesday i cant imagine finding a better sounding headphone amp for the price i paid for it..ever! I think its finally almost burned in now (since 2march)...still around 150 hrs or so to go..

last wednesday its sound all of a sudden changed significally for the better!!! I will update my review soon with the last experiences... wink.gif The amp was already extremely good..but this is downward redicules how my rig sounds like now on a headphone! I heard HIGh END speaker stuff owned by two of my friends..but seriously..even they are stunned how this is possible...and they are 100% against headphone amps! For them only speakers are capable to give u a live experience... But somehow they are impressed of what my light (only 20kg's) headphone amp can do...

Oops..i talk to much...
Check my review my friend if ur interested in updates about my amp.
Have a good one kothganesh!
Edited by hifimanrookie - 6/30/14 at 9:06am
post #2933 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Hehehehe well am still alive..but am in love with this amp and my phones...enjoying every night some hours of musical bliss.
And since last wednesday i cant imagine finding a better sounding headphone amp for the price i paid for it..ever! I think its finally almost burned in now (since 2march)...still around 150 hrs or so to go..

last wednesday its sound all of a sudden changed significally for the better!!! I will update my review soon with the last experiences... wink.gif The amp was already extremely good..but this is downward redicules how my rig sounds like now on a headphone! I heard HIGh END speaker stuff owned by two of my friends..but seriously..even they are stunned how this is possible...and they are 100% against headphone amps! For them only speakers are capable to give u a live experience... But somehow they are impressed of what my light (only 20kg's) headphone amp can do...

Oops..i talk to much...
Check my review my friend if ur interested in updates about my amp.
Have a good one kothganesh!

You make me want to order one myself 😄
post #2934 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by kothganesh View Post

You make me want to order one myself 😄
U will never get mine.. biggrin.gif as even the name (initials) of the amp is partly based on my name initials wink.gif
mine is a one off as u maybe know with very special specs..but u can ask them to built u a similiar amp..maybe on batteries? He has built one headphone amp based on batteries with BIG power reserves also..i think it was called the 'FLO'.
Edited by hifimanrookie - 6/30/14 at 1:34pm
post #2935 of 3098

I was thinking of powering my HE-6 with my speaker amplifier which is a Crown NXLS1500. It outputs 300 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 525 watts per channel at 4 ohms, 1550 watts per channel at 4 ohms bridged. Is this overkill? Or should I just put the volume knob at a very low level?

post #2936 of 3098

Happy

You've just enough power to get the party started. :tongue_smile:

post #2937 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post
 

I was thinking of powering my HE-6 with my speaker amplifier which is a Crown NXLS1500. It outputs 300 watts per channel at 8 ohms, 525 watts per channel at 4 ohms, 1550 watts per channel at 4 ohms bridged. Is this overkill? Or should I just put the volume knob at a very low level?


It will be fine. You will definitely have it at low volume.

post #2938 of 3098

If "Amps That Can Drive The HiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphones" were a novel, I bet it'd have more releases under different genres/sub-genres than any other flagship: Action/Adventure; Comedy; Mystery; Romance; Crime & Passion, Horror, Fantasy, Thriller and so on...

:popcorn:

post #2939 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post
 

Dropping in to mention that I've reached the conclusion that the HE-6 is driven stunningly well by the Auralic Taurus (I have the mkI) Crystal clear, deep and wide, punchy and delicate. I really cannot see how much more there is to get, if anything. I've tried a couple of good speaker amps as well as a load of headamps, but the Taurus is better and I really do not find anything to miss. They sound like a planar flagship driven by a matching amp should do.

 

+1.

 

I am still burning in my new HE6, but from what I am hearing right now from my Vega/Taurus Mk2 setup, they are right up there with my LCD-X.

 

If the Taurus can drive them up to LCD-X SQ (or very close to it), what more is there?

post #2940 of 3098
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNewman View Post
 

+1.

 

I am still burning in my new HE6, but from what I am hearing right now from my Vega/Taurus Mk2 setup, they are right up there with my LCD-X.

 

If the Taurus can drive them up to LCD-X SQ (or very close to it), what more is there?

 

While I found the LCD-X to be quite good, I thought the HE-6 was a substantially better-sounding headphone in terms of detail retrieval and overall balance. YMMV, ofc. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones