Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones - Page 394  

post #5896 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHuntington View Post

Those things have the smallest cable I've seen on a hp over $100. Maybe I'm from the old school but I'd like to see them put bigger cables on those.

hmm i never really felt the m100's cable was that thin... i mean the cloth covering does add a fair bit of width so i dont know the width of the cable without the cover. But, you do need to take into consideration that its a portable headphone ans you wouldnt want cables weighing you down now haha.

ps i think the cable is almost as thick as my q701's which doesnt feel flimsy by any means
post #5897 of 6431

I'm going to the coffee shop right now and taking my Grado SR60, so maybe I can push a few people to listen to them with some of the new binaural music I've recently downloaded.

 

I did this today with my K167 and Dr. Chesky's new binaural album and I freaked a bunch of people out, and not in such a good way. biggrin.gif
 

post #5898 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

I'm going to the coffee shop right now and taking my Grado SR60, so maybe I can push a few people to listen to them with some of the new binaural music I've recently downloaded.

 

I did this today with my K167 and Dr. Chesky's new binaural album and I freaked a bunch of people out, and not in such a good way. biggrin.gif
 

Haha, what did they say?

post #5899 of 6431

They said it was very bizarre and felt weird to listen to.

I personally agree; listening to Dr. Chesky give you a haircut or whisper in your ear produces some very peculiar physical sensations. It's a bit unsettling, lol. Still very interesting to listen to, but it'll scare anyone who isn't prepared to hear what it has in store.

post #5900 of 6431

Haha yeah. The first time I listed to the haircut I twitched... "dammit Chesky get your face outta my ear!" Haha. Feels like your private space has been violated.

post #5901 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

They said it was very bizarre and felt weird to listen to.

I personally agree; listening to Dr. Chesky give you a haircut or whisper in your ear produces some very peculiar physical sensations. It's a bit unsettling, lol. Still very interesting to listen to, but it'll scare anyone who isn't prepared to hear what it has in store.

I think it would be funny to video record people's reactions, with their permission of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

I did this today with my K167 and Dr. Chesky's new binaural album and I freaked a bunch of people out, and not in such a good way. biggrin.gif
 

Good job!

post #5902 of 6431

There's this feeling of total elation when you "convert someone to the cause". Then deflation when you find out they want to keep what they demo'd.

post #5903 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

There's this feeling of total elation when you "convert someone to the cause". Then deflation when you find out they want to keep what they demo'd.

But that give us the perfect excuse to upgrade!!!

post #5904 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknet View Post

hmm i never really felt the m100's cable was that thin... i mean the cloth covering does add a fair bit of width so i dont know the width of the cable without the cover. But, you do need to take into consideration that its a portable headphone ans you wouldnt want cables weighing you down now haha.

ps i think the cable is almost as thick as my q701's which doesnt feel flimsy by any means

James H. Probably just meant that the cables were shorter than what he's normally seen in a $300 headphone. When someone says "small cable" they are usually talking about length. That's at least my understanding.
post #5905 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by carma143 View Post


James H. Probably just meant that the cables were shorter than what he's normally seen in a $300 headphone. When someone says "small cable" they are usually talking about length. That's at least my understanding.


No. Thin is what I meant, or guage, though none of these companies advertise those specs for some reason. But I may have been a little hard on the VModa because it isn't even trying to be more than a portable hp. However, it boasts 50mm headphone speakers, which is just a marketing scam IMO. The Q701 cable looks a little thin to me too and my k701 is 4.5mm thick, but there is no microphone in them so it's all dedicated for speaker. I do think the k701 may be to long for how thin it is though. And I can't explain why I really hate the mono cable thing in both of the mentioned hps. I'm not very impressed with where companies are taking their products, and that is where IMO an audiophile differs from a non-audiophile.

post #5906 of 6431

I actually enjoy the thin cable of the V-Moda (I have it for my Fostex). It's not a badly-made cable by any means, and it's good enough to be used portably without fear or weighing me down.

post #5907 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearFNF View Post

But that give us the perfect excuse to upgrade!!!

But I'm a collector.... xD

post #5908 of 6431

My dad nearly killed me, when I told him what I paid for my first quality headphones.

 

Today he owns a pair of HD-800 and LCD-2 :)

post #5909 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrock64 View Post

I actually enjoy the thin cable of the V-Moda (I have it for my Fostex). It's not a badly-made cable by any means, and it's good enough to be used portably without fear or weighing me down.

The vmoda is not heavy. The cable is supposed to be world-class tough. They are supposedly harder to break than almost any other hp, which is great for most of us; though, I only wear IEMs in public because I usually ride my bicycle everywhere. Imagine me riding with those, they'd be like a helmet. Come to think of it, I don't wear a helmet so these would be almost perfect. As long as the cops didn't harass me for obviously wearing hps while riding. That's where the IEMs truly go under the radar, as opposed to the v-moda which ironically kind of look stealth-fighter inspired.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they were heavy as long as the sound was good. And if people want to get my attention when I'm wearing them they can just call me. 

When you say Fostex, I guess you mean the portable amp? That thing looks legit!

post #5910 of 6431
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

But I'm a collector.... xD

Now that's funny!

 

 

Sad but truefrown.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones