Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones
Jan 23, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #5,866 of 6,432
The best reaction I've had was letting my friend listen to the 25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda soundtrack through my phones. After I few minutes of listening he looked at me and yelled "STEPHEN, I WANNA GO ON A QUEST!!!!"

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #5,868 of 6,432
eq can fix SOME problems only, so the best way is to get a good device from the start so there is less flaws to fix in the first place and can therefore get a better final performance. (generally a -2 and +5 give and take depending on equipment and experience)

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #5,869 of 6,432
Quote:

I like chrome, lights and led's in the night. I like tubes and the sounds they can be driven to make. 
But maybe I'm just old fashioned now. Plastic is in?  Isn't it just recycled Art Deco? 

I had to look into these Beats I hear so much of on this forum.

... google... "Beats"

I recognize them now from future shop! Never got the urge to try them... I'd like to now I think, just for the sake of saying I've heard them. :)
Word to the wise: Anything that requires celebrity endorsement to sell - likely isn't worth buying.

It's not as much that they're endorsed by celebrities, but those who endorse them. The other day I heard that Steve Jobs, Apple Founder and IPod Man himself, was a huge vinyl fan and spent tons of money on them. Go figure. I used to like Dr. Dre back in '92 when i drank 40s and toked the chronic. And now even Bob Marley came back from the dead to endorse some cans that as well, I used to listen to bob marley back... when i....  Anyhow.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #5,870 of 6,432
Quote:
It's not as much that they're endorsed by celebrities, but those who endorse them. The other day I heard that Steve Jobs, Apple Founder and IPod Man himself, was a huge vinyl fan and spent tons of money on them. Go figure. I used to like Dr. Dre back in '92 when i drank 40s and toked the chronic. And now even Bob Marley came back from the dead to endorse some cans that as well, I used to listen to bob marley back... when i....  Anyhow.

Ain't nuthin' but a G thang :wink:

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #5,876 of 6,432
Had a friend use my X10s today because he wanted to know what what the audio chip on his new phone was like with good headphones, sadly enough he wanted to use some other guys beats solos, but they were in his car. He put them in an commented on how well they isolated, listened to maybe 3 seconds of a song, took them out, and told me they were terrible. He then told me exactly how much better his $10 iFrogz Earpollution Plugz were. A few of my other friends backed me up when I tried to say that boomy over powering bass isnt what makes a headphones quality.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #5,877 of 6,432
Quote:
Had a friend use my X10s today because he wanted to know what what the audio chip on his new phone was like with good headphones, sadly enough he wanted to use some other guys beats solos, but they were in his car. He put them in an commented on how well they isolated, listened to maybe 3 seconds of a song, took them out, and told me they were terrible. He then told me exactly how much better his $10 iFrogz Earpollution Plugz were. A few of my other friends backed me up when I tried to say that boomy over powering bass isnt what makes a headphones quality.

He must not be your friend anymore!

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #5,879 of 6,432
Quote:
He must not be your friend anymore!

I try not to judge people, here I am saying that bass isnt everything when I bought a pair of LP2s and love them still. Just like head-fi accepting the fact that I seem to buy alot of fashion headphones, I will accept the fact that most of my friends seem to hate things that actually sound good.

Jan 23, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #5,880 of 6,432
Quote:

I'd never let someone use my IEM. They can wear i-whatever I wouldn't care, call me a germ-a-phobe. I wonder what kind of germs are on the Beats listening station, seeing the people who like them have very little common sense.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back