Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Hifiman to get? Last post on 6/1/11 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: HiFiMAN HM-601 vs. Hisoundaudio Studio-I Last post on 4/7/11 at 9:10am in Portable Source Gear
- RE0 amped, RE-Zero, or DBA-02??? Last post on 8/7/10 at 6:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best neutral IEM for under $150 Last post on 7/30/10 at 4:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- HM-601 NOT Updating firmware? Last post on 3/5/14 at 2:10pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601 - Page 79
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1172 of 13459/20/12 at 7:11amQuote:
tried that combo last week
while it has enough juice to drive the dt with good authority (i have to cranked it to almost full volume, though), an external portable amp would surely help them sound better :)post #1173 of 13459/20/12 at 10:37ampost #1174 of 13459/21/12 at 4:09ampost #1175 of 134510/1/12 at 12:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pisn4e
Nice write up. Sounds how i feel about my HM602. I'm listening to it right now, it just keeps drawing me back in, LO in the car, LO to stereo at home, DAC at work, HO on the bus i can't put it away.
Is there a cleaner version of the Californication album anywhere? i like the album but the quality makes me cringe.
Edit: the storage size is a pain even the 16gig on mine fills up so quick, might have to buy a couple of 32gb cards but worth it imo.
OMG are you listening to CHILI PEPPERS ON it... because I have some .flac versions of all thier studio albums :O and a pair of Dt 880s on thier way and OMG that sounds magical just thinking about it <3 also does any one know how to factory reset the hm 601? Also should I update the firmware??post #1176 of 134510/2/12 at 3:50pmQuote:
I just bought a class 10 sdxc 64g sandisk sd card and it does not work. The files on the card can't be read.post #1177 of 134510/2/12 at 7:25pmQuote:
my 32 gb SDHC class 4 was acting up today but it worked I just had to re insert it
but OMG my line out went out todaypost #1178 of 134510/3/12 at 9:10ampost #1179 of 134510/3/12 at 11:03amQuote:
You have to format it to fat 32 ...use this "guiformat"post #1180 of 134510/3/12 at 11:18am
I wonder if my Class 4 32gb is fat 32, it reads but it's fickle about reading :/post #1181 of 134510/3/12 at 3:54pm
Thanks. Worked like a charm
Edited by funsound - 10/3/12 at 3:59pmpost #1182 of 134510/3/12 at 4:00pmpost #1183 of 134510/3/12 at 5:55pmpost #1184 of 134510/5/12 at 6:29pm
- REVIEW: HiFiman HM-601
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 27 seconds ago
- › SPL Auditor for sale EXCELLENT CONDITION 34 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 36 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 40 seconds ago
- › Akg K400 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: I need a stock HD800 cable! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob