I use mine wth my ATH-ESW9A and B&W P5s and I love it. LOD out to it helps with the sound stage and response in the range in general. It is nice :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 46post #676 of 6911/10/14 at 12:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 6911/10/14 at 12:40pmpost #678 of 6911/26/14 at 2:03pmpost #679 of 6911/29/14 at 12:46pmpost #680 of 6911/29/14 at 2:27pmpost #681 of 6913/19/14 at 7:33pm
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 and my old PA2V2 in a thread here:
I figured I'd post the photos over here as well. I hope that is OK.
I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.
Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!). I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.
First here are some photos of the FiiO E11. I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.
Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.
Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.
The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).
The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.
The top has a power light and charging light. The mini USB charging port is on the side.
The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery. The cover is made of very thin metal.
The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.
The body of the E11 is molded plastic.
Another shot of the back side.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.
Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.
FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
Here are some photos of the PA2V2. Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)
Front view. Clear faceplate. Blue LED.
Rear 3/4 view.
PA2V2 opened up.
Inside the PA2V2.
Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.
Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.
Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.post #682 of 6914/8/14 at 12:57am
I received my Pa2v2 previous week. I was so stoked! The response here on headfi, various people around the globe and some others that i follow on instagram.. Everybody just loved this little thing!
Rock solid build, loved the plastic case, no rattles what so ever, smooth volume knob, lovely power switch etc.. Everything was looking epic at this moment....Until.
First thing i paired it with was the sansa clip zip with rockbox, and a pair of shure SRH-840. Since ive used various amps like c-moys and others with very good drive on these cans i guess that was what i expected.. Well to my big surprise, the amp sounded like crap :( No added anything, just added noise.
What the fudge was my thought.. Swapped batteries ( yes i use rechargeable 1.2 volt sanyo eneloop ) Still the same thin, noisy sound that totally lacked dynamics. Well, the shures are 44 ohm..Shouldn't be any problems driving them with the pa2v2 since t he C-moy i had went so loud that i never passed 50% volume.
Paired it with Sony mdr zx700 which are very easy to drive.. Still sounded very bad, added some iems in the mix like Brainwavz delta, JVC HAFXC 51 etc.. Even more hiss and noise.. All of the cans i tested sounded better directly from the clip.. Time to check out the adjustable gain. I could not increase the gain before i was going mad of the noise..
I talked to Gary about this..And he is one hell of a nice person to deal with. Fast replies and no fuzz what so ever. I ended up returning this amp and went for another cmoy instead.
Why am i here then? Well i was just interested to know what you pair this amp with? Ipod with LOD cable seems to be a very popular dap with this amp. How bout headphones then? Since i was unable to gain anything from whatever i threw at it. Superlux HD681 evo, Shure SRH-840, MDR zx 700,Superlux HD330 etc etc..
Sorry for the long post, but i would be glad if you share your thoughts on this.post #683 of 6914/15/14 at 5:50am
Hey guys - this MIGHT not be the best place for this topic, but I figured you guys would know. I'm looking at buying the PA2V2 to boost the sound on my PC (I game, music, and movie - everything). Do I need anything else beyond this to make it shine, or is it just:
1) Put batteries in amp
2) Hook input/output through amp
3) Enjoy sexy sound?
EDIT: Decided to post this question here instead: http://www.head-fi.org/t/714695/quick-amp-pa2v2-question
Disregard - thank you!
Edited by Slavvik - 4/15/14 at 6:21ampost #684 of 6914/30/14 at 1:48amHello all IV had my PA2V2 for three weeks now and absolutely love it. I have it connected to my diymod ipod 5g and a pair of Beats Mixrs.
The sound is awesome and absolutely love how the hole album Metallica S&M shines. The base is fan tasting without damping the mids. The drums really have that punch and drive about them, non of that crunchiness.
Overall I love this little magic box.
Now to compliment it I'm using a pure copper lod with black gate caps, Iv ordered my Shure SE535 red editions, ACS custom sleeves and for when I really wanna smash it some ZMF FOSTEX T50rp Master Models ( got a display model for $200)
I'm currently talking to Gary on eBay and can vouch that wow awesome guy. I bought my PA2V2 secondhand and worked straight out the box only I didn't get a charger so I have to go about removing the nihm battery's. But still on the first charge and loving every second
[IMG]post #685 of 6914/30/14 at 7:31ampost #686 of 6915/3/14 at 7:49ampost #687 of 6916/10/14 at 1:11pmQuote:
Yeah I even tested it on a cheap set of HD205's and the low resistance and it sounded great over stockpost #688 of 6916/11/14 at 10:57ampost #689 of 6916/11/14 at 10:41pm
Hold up :)
unless I just screwed up 127.2 grams.
I was actually coming back in here to say how happy I am with this thing still. Using it it Colorfly C3 mainly at the moment, and with all sorts of vintage orthodynamics, and iems also. Channel gains adjusted up.
If I could only remember when the last time I charged it was. I forget.
Edited by nick n - 6/11/14 at 10:42pm
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 43 seconds ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 6 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 8 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HE-560 US Touring Event - Sign up List Updated 11 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)