I use mine wth my ATH-ESW9A and B&W P5s and I love it. LOD out to it helps with the sound stage and response in the range in general. It is nice :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Just got Westone 2's. Portable amp? Last post on 9/9/11 at 5:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Reasonably Priced Portable Amp..? Last post on 8/20/11 at 10:32pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which IEMs would you suggest that don't exceed ~$80? (details listed) Last post on 9/25/12 at 6:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- BEST PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMP? Last post on 6/21/13 at 12:53am in Portable Headphone Amps
- do i really need an amp? Last post on 6/9/12 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread - Page 46post #676 of 6941/10/14 at 12:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #677 of 6941/10/14 at 12:40pmpost #678 of 6941/26/14 at 2:03pmpost #679 of 6941/29/14 at 12:46pmpost #680 of 6941/29/14 at 2:27pmpost #681 of 6943/19/14 at 7:33pm
I posted some photos of my new FiiO E11 and my old PA2V2 in a thread here:
I figured I'd post the photos over here as well. I hope that is OK.
I will update the thread with more thoughts once I have listened to them both side by side a little longer.
Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
I just got a FiiO E11 and also dusted off my PA2V2 (that I got nearly 9 years ago!). I decided to take some photos, and I will post some more thoughts and comparisons once I have done a bit more listening on both.
First here are some photos of the FiiO E11. I got the package on Amazon that includes a spare battery and charger.
Comes in a nice metal tin with two rubber bands, USB charging cable, and 90 deg 3.5mm cable.
Back side shows off the "Kilimanjaro" name.
The right side has Gain (H and L) and EQ (0, 1, 2).
The volume knob also acts as power on/off and is mostly covered to prevent accidental volume changes.
The top has a power light and charging light. The mini USB charging port is on the side.
The bottom cover is removed to expose the battery. The cover is made of very thin metal.
The battery can be removed to expose a High/Low Power switch.
The body of the E11 is molded plastic.
Another shot of the back side.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X.
Size comparison vs. the Moto X and Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO.
Size comparison vs. Shure SE215.
FiiO E11, Moto X, and Shure SE215.Quote:Originally Posted by xluben
Here are some photos of the PA2V2. Mine was the first one with a clear faceplate :)
Front view. Clear faceplate. Blue LED.
Rear 3/4 view.
PA2V2 opened up.
Inside the PA2V2.
Front 3/4 view inside the PA2V2.
Underside of the PA2V2 circuit board.
Top of the PA2V2 circuit board.post #682 of 6944/8/14 at 12:57am
I received my Pa2v2 previous week. I was so stoked! The response here on headfi, various people around the globe and some others that i follow on instagram.. Everybody just loved this little thing!
Rock solid build, loved the plastic case, no rattles what so ever, smooth volume knob, lovely power switch etc.. Everything was looking epic at this moment....Until.
First thing i paired it with was the sansa clip zip with rockbox, and a pair of shure SRH-840. Since ive used various amps like c-moys and others with very good drive on these cans i guess that was what i expected.. Well to my big surprise, the amp sounded like crap :( No added anything, just added noise.
What the fudge was my thought.. Swapped batteries ( yes i use rechargeable 1.2 volt sanyo eneloop ) Still the same thin, noisy sound that totally lacked dynamics. Well, the shures are 44 ohm..Shouldn't be any problems driving them with the pa2v2 since t he C-moy i had went so loud that i never passed 50% volume.
Paired it with Sony mdr zx700 which are very easy to drive.. Still sounded very bad, added some iems in the mix like Brainwavz delta, JVC HAFXC 51 etc.. Even more hiss and noise.. All of the cans i tested sounded better directly from the clip.. Time to check out the adjustable gain. I could not increase the gain before i was going mad of the noise..
I talked to Gary about this..And he is one hell of a nice person to deal with. Fast replies and no fuzz what so ever. I ended up returning this amp and went for another cmoy instead.
Why am i here then? Well i was just interested to know what you pair this amp with? Ipod with LOD cable seems to be a very popular dap with this amp. How bout headphones then? Since i was unable to gain anything from whatever i threw at it. Superlux HD681 evo, Shure SRH-840, MDR zx 700,Superlux HD330 etc etc..
Sorry for the long post, but i would be glad if you share your thoughts on this.post #683 of 6944/15/14 at 5:50am
Hey guys - this MIGHT not be the best place for this topic, but I figured you guys would know. I'm looking at buying the PA2V2 to boost the sound on my PC (I game, music, and movie - everything). Do I need anything else beyond this to make it shine, or is it just:
1) Put batteries in amp
2) Hook input/output through amp
3) Enjoy sexy sound?
EDIT: Decided to post this question here instead: http://www.head-fi.org/t/714695/quick-amp-pa2v2-question
Disregard - thank you!
Edited by Slavvik - 4/15/14 at 6:21ampost #684 of 6944/30/14 at 1:48amHello all IV had my PA2V2 for three weeks now and absolutely love it. I have it connected to my diymod ipod 5g and a pair of Beats Mixrs.
The sound is awesome and absolutely love how the hole album Metallica S&M shines. The base is fan tasting without damping the mids. The drums really have that punch and drive about them, non of that crunchiness.
Overall I love this little magic box.
Now to compliment it I'm using a pure copper lod with black gate caps, Iv ordered my Shure SE535 red editions, ACS custom sleeves and for when I really wanna smash it some ZMF FOSTEX T50rp Master Models ( got a display model for $200)
I'm currently talking to Gary on eBay and can vouch that wow awesome guy. I bought my PA2V2 secondhand and worked straight out the box only I didn't get a charger so I have to go about removing the nihm battery's. But still on the first charge and loving every second
[IMG]post #685 of 6944/30/14 at 7:31ampost #686 of 6945/3/14 at 7:49ampost #687 of 6946/10/14 at 1:11pmQuote:
Yeah I even tested it on a cheap set of HD205's and the low resistance and it sounded great over stockpost #688 of 6946/11/14 at 10:57ampost #689 of 6946/11/14 at 10:41pm
Hold up :)
unless I just screwed up 127.2 grams.
I was actually coming back in here to say how happy I am with this thing still. Using it it Colorfly C3 mainly at the moment, and with all sorts of vintage orthodynamics, and iems also. Channel gains adjusted up.
If I could only remember when the last time I charged it was. I forget.
Edited by nick n - 6/11/14 at 10:42pm
- The PA2V2 Appreciation Thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 6 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 28 seconds ago
- › Vision Ear V 6 With X Control is The most expensive Custom IEM in... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Phonitor Mini 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › In the market for new cables and need help 9 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 10 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)