Joker, if one already has the Fidelio S1 and the S2 can be had for a similar price, do you think it's worth it? Is it really an upgrade?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- $40 IEM Battle Royale (RHA MA-350 Added 3-1-13) Last post on 2/25/14 at 6:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) - Page 843post #12631 of 146241/14/14 at 8:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #12632 of 146241/14/14 at 10:29amQuote:
its noticeable if you put a good earphone to work , or something with a spark in its treble , most of the time they lose the treble in the air , but if you dont love treble they can be good , some thing like a bit more premium will do good , may be a sony mw1 to be the least expensive and is best for the price , but still a mw1 wont get you a sq even with a er-p4 over 8.0 , for me , cuz to me cutting off the treble is the 2nd worst thing . but if you can do with that , go get one , it will save you from some hassle .post #12633 of 146241/14/14 at 7:42pmThread StarterQuote:
I generally like Audio-Technica IEMs but unfortunately no plans to do those yet. And as far as I could tell Audio-Technica has no plans to officially bring them to the US .Quote:Originally Posted by AgentJ
One last question - how much better are the JVCs compared to the AM800?
Also just found out today that I have infact been using an EQ on my phone, and when turned off, the AM800 actually sound a tad better than I had previously thought, and bass wise they're not as lacking as I once thought.
Actually, another question - a bluetooth adapter for the headphones wont affect SQ, will it?
Not too different, a little bassier and with slightly more “withdrawn” lower mids and a bit more clarity and resolution all around.
I haven't tried an APT-X bluetooth adapter yet. The cheap ones I have tried did degrade the sound.Quote:
O_O You heard the new Senns?
And yeah, the TF10 is great...I would kill to get one in a Shure or new Westone housing with MMXC connector. I've heard people say that the new W series sound different and I'm incredibly curious to see the difference, if there is one, between W3 and W30; if they've even managed to tame the midbass by a few dB, I will be waiting very patiently for the price to drop (or to see a used one in the FS section :P).
I got to try the Momentums as well as their new DJ series (HD6/7/8) and of course the high-end stuff that they always have. I wasn’t too interested in their flagships as I’ve already tried those. Writing up my brief Senn impressions now – they’ll be CES Thoughts Part 3.Quote:
Not really – the only time I’d recommend “upgrading” from S1 to S2 is if their signature makes them your end-all, favorite IEMs. Otherwise one is pretty much as good as the other, at least in terms of sound.post #12634 of 146241/14/14 at 7:45pmQuote:
I agree with this, bought the IM70 and was very very impressed. The clarity, bass quality and quantity was enough to put a big smile on my face
For about $110 it's a better option for people who wants the clarity of the RE-400 but with more bass imo.post #12635 of 146241/14/14 at 7:53pmQuote:
This is good to know, since it looks increasingly like the TDK BA200 may be being discontinued. (I debated buying them after reading Joker's impressions.)post #12636 of 146241/14/14 at 9:09pmpost #12637 of 146241/15/14 at 11:19amQuote:
It does look good, but I'll have to find an alternative if it's likely that it'll degrade sound quality.Quote:
This is actually going to be my last question - would you say the JVCs are actually worth getting?
I was hoping to be able to resell the AM800s to a friend, and then getting the upgrade for £10, but then he went and bought some Beats -_-post #12638 of 146241/15/14 at 8:32pmThread StarterQuote:
Well you asked for something with a mic - the JVCs are definitely worth getting if you need a mic. Otherwise, considering you like the AM-800s, might as well just stick with those.post #12639 of 146241/15/14 at 11:33pmThread Starter
Part 2 of my CES 2014 impressions, featuring Audio-Technica, STAX, Beyerdynamic, and Polk Audio, is now posted at http://theheadphonelist.com/ces-2014-headphone-coverage-part-2-audio-technica-stax-beyerdynamic-and-more/
*Audio-Technica’s new Sonic Fuel sport earphones fit securely, sound good, and are priced right
*The ATH-W1000X is among the most gorgeous headphones I've ever seen
*The STAX booth provided some much-needed high fidelity after two days of overblown bass. The SR-009 especially blew me away.
*Beyerdynamic’s Custom One Pro is a solidly-built option for bass fans
*FiiO’s X5 is an impressive piece of kit. E18 “Kunlun” Android DAC wouldn’t work with my Nexus 5
*Polk Audio’s new Heritage Collection features unique aesthetics and the Nue Voe BA earphones sounded promising
Full version with pictures and such can be found here.post #12640 of 146241/16/14 at 1:16am
just got my xba-h1 , , and no they are not big , man xb90ex is big , not these , for now , nice isolation , good bass , i can feel the precision of a balanced armature and decay of a dynamic driver , three differences from xba-3 i instantly recognized is better and wider sound-stage , more bass presence but not as deep for now ( got it 30 mins ago ) , mids are more prominent .
the new harder foam stuffing is really nice , and this time they are glued to the rubber entirely , and man , i love red , they look nice , i havent tried them till now . has a cable adjuster , i dont need it at all , and the new cable clip is far better , way easy to get the wire inside it and is way safer then the last gen cable clip . sony should have supplied it with a better pouch , but its okay . something like xb90ex would have done the trick though .
see , they are not huge .
Edited by suman134 - 1/16/14 at 1:23ampost #12641 of 146241/16/14 at 1:18amQuote:
did you tried the ckx9 ?post #12642 of 146241/16/14 at 1:36ampost #12643 of 146241/16/14 at 7:14amQuote:
Now you see the reasoning behind the last line in my sig. :)post #12644 of 146241/16/14 at 4:27pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › How can I prevent my cords from getting destroyed by my office chair? 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 201: Moving on up 18 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › "Proven" headphone / amp combo's 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Audio Grade Fuses 2 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Absolutely floored by my new amp - RSA Raptor w/ Tube Rolling... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › The Nickerfied Fostex T50RP...................... Impressions/... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)