- 4,611 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 234post #3496 of 79771/9/14 at 5:30pmSweet dreams of Crack, Jamie
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3497 of 79771/9/14 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Loquah
Pretty sure that this one will do it from Jaycar: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0192&w=6%2E5mm+stereo&form=KEYWORD
The only question is whether the Crack needs a switched one or not. This one isn't switched, but there is an equivalent, switched one for 40c more. I think switching is only required for shorting speaker outputs like on the S.E.X. Here's the link for the switched one though in case you need it: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0190&w=6%2E5mm+stereo&form=KEYWORD
Thanks. So I need a switched on? The one I got was $3.50 from surplustronics, but it doesn't have looped tags which will make it more difficult to solder, and the Nuetrik ones I found that others have recommended only have 3 tags at all, and I couldn't even work out how you would make that work since the wiring diagram needs 6.post #3498 of 79771/9/14 at 7:05pmpost #3499 of 79771/10/14 at 3:10ampost #3500 of 79771/11/14 at 12:50pmIts been both fun and confidence building adding a couple of mods to my BHC over the last week. Earlier today it was the turn of the JB Capacitors, JFX 100uf 250v premium film caps.
I still need to add some insulating tape to the cap leads and connecting wires, I will pick some up on Monday I'm a bit to worried about getting my hot air gun to close to use heat shrink sleeving.
Also on the first pic you can see how the Valab attenuator only just fits inside the case. I had glued some corner braces to the case and needed to remove one of these for the Valab to fit.post #3501 of 79771/11/14 at 1:40pmpost #3502 of 79771/11/14 at 3:23pmQuote:
Initial impressions are very good, much better than I was expecting which is a pleasant surprise.
I'm planning to let them burn in for 50+hrs or so before committing any thoughts to paper just to see if anything changes during this burning in period.
I also need to spend a bit more time listening, firming my thoughts and impressions of what is happening and more importantly how to put those thoughts down. At the moment I am at a bit of a loss to actually describe in words the effects on presentation I am hearing.post #3503 of 79771/11/14 at 3:46pm
You could use heatshrink if you heat it with a lighter, that way your quick and precise with the heat being applied. Or alternatively use some PTFE tubing which you can pick up from someone like hificollective.post #3504 of 79771/11/14 at 4:16pmpost #3505 of 79771/11/14 at 6:08pmQuote:
^ beat me to it.post #3506 of 79771/12/14 at 1:12ampost #3507 of 79771/12/14 at 1:44ampost #3508 of 79771/12/14 at 2:23ampost #3509 of 79771/12/14 at 9:20ampost #3510 of 79771/12/14 at 11:30amQuote:
I have the Schiit Modi and I dig it. I would like to try something higher end to hear the difference.
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 7 seconds ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 46 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › Why are the PS1000e so underrated?! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear