- 4,241 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Headphone Impedance
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 234
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Pretty sure that this one will do it from Jaycar: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0192&w=6%2E5mm+stereo&form=KEYWORD
The only question is whether the Crack needs a switched one or not. This one isn't switched, but there is an equivalent, switched one for 40c more. I think switching is only required for shorting speaker outputs like on the S.E.X. Here's the link for the switched one though in case you need it: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0190&w=6%2E5mm+stereo&form=KEYWORD
Thanks. So I need a switched on? The one I got was $3.50 from surplustronics, but it doesn't have looped tags which will make it more difficult to solder, and the Nuetrik ones I found that others have recommended only have 3 tags at all, and I couldn't even work out how you would make that work since the wiring diagram needs 6.
I still need to add some insulating tape to the cap leads and connecting wires, I will pick some up on Monday I'm a bit to worried about getting my hot air gun to close to use heat shrink sleeving.
Also on the first pic you can see how the Valab attenuator only just fits inside the case. I had glued some corner braces to the case and needed to remove one of these for the Valab to fit.
Initial impressions are very good, much better than I was expecting which is a pleasant surprise.
I'm planning to let them burn in for 50+hrs or so before committing any thoughts to paper just to see if anything changes during this burning in period.
I also need to spend a bit more time listening, firming my thoughts and impressions of what is happening and more importantly how to put those thoughts down. At the moment I am at a bit of a loss to actually describe in words the effects on presentation I am hearing.
You could use heatshrink if you heat it with a lighter, that way your quick and precise with the heat being applied. Or alternatively use some PTFE tubing which you can pick up from someone like hificollective.
^ beat me to it.
I have the Schiit Modi and I dig it. I would like to try something higher end to hear the difference.
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Ibasso DX80 18 seconds ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 1 minute ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Future Sonics EM3 8 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 10 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 12 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2