- 4,623 Posts. Joined 5/2010
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] Ortofon HD-Q7 Last post on 1/16/11 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- All Aluminum Bottlehead Amp.... Last post on 11/10/12 at 5:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla and the overly bright mids that are masking the bass Last post on 5/24/12 at 1:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do I even need a headphone amp (Tesla T1 / Yamaha home cinema amp) Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Just looked at the Bottlehead amps and... Last post on 8/1/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sennheiser has launched an excellent closed back over ear headphone which has the premium sound of the legendary hd 5 series but instead of the traditional open back design this has a closed back...
I was never a really big fan of on-ear or supra-aural headphones in the past. They always seemed to be uncomfortable or not offer a proper seal granting the full sound or decent noise isolation....
This has been called beats for audiophiles. It has great sound, is neutral and detailed, but they are glossy and fairly fashionable. In general, I like a V shape and listen to hardcore, metal,...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of New Zealand tour arranged by @Brooko & @Andykong, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
Ok so it is 2017 and I'm late to the party but I just got this headphone from Singapore Jaben because it seems they were clearing their stock. I got this for a whooping $34.90 SGD!! When I looked...
Crack;Bottlehead OTL - Page 234post #3496 of 83251/9/14 at 5:30pmSweet dreams of Crack, Jamie
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3497 of 83251/9/14 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by Loquah
Pretty sure that this one will do it from Jaycar: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0192&w=6%2E5mm+stereo&form=KEYWORD
The only question is whether the Crack needs a switched one or not. This one isn't switched, but there is an equivalent, switched one for 40c more. I think switching is only required for shorting speaker outputs like on the S.E.X. Here's the link for the switched one though in case you need it: http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=PS0190&w=6%2E5mm+stereo&form=KEYWORD
Thanks. So I need a switched on? The one I got was $3.50 from surplustronics, but it doesn't have looped tags which will make it more difficult to solder, and the Nuetrik ones I found that others have recommended only have 3 tags at all, and I couldn't even work out how you would make that work since the wiring diagram needs 6.post #3498 of 83251/9/14 at 7:05pmpost #3499 of 83251/10/14 at 3:10ampost #3500 of 83251/11/14 at 12:50pmIts been both fun and confidence building adding a couple of mods to my BHC over the last week. Earlier today it was the turn of the JB Capacitors, JFX 100uf 250v premium film caps.
I still need to add some insulating tape to the cap leads and connecting wires, I will pick some up on Monday I'm a bit to worried about getting my hot air gun to close to use heat shrink sleeving.
Also on the first pic you can see how the Valab attenuator only just fits inside the case. I had glued some corner braces to the case and needed to remove one of these for the Valab to fit.post #3501 of 83251/11/14 at 1:40pmpost #3502 of 83251/11/14 at 3:23pmQuote:
Initial impressions are very good, much better than I was expecting which is a pleasant surprise.
I'm planning to let them burn in for 50+hrs or so before committing any thoughts to paper just to see if anything changes during this burning in period.
I also need to spend a bit more time listening, firming my thoughts and impressions of what is happening and more importantly how to put those thoughts down. At the moment I am at a bit of a loss to actually describe in words the effects on presentation I am hearing.post #3503 of 83251/11/14 at 3:46pm
You could use heatshrink if you heat it with a lighter, that way your quick and precise with the heat being applied. Or alternatively use some PTFE tubing which you can pick up from someone like hificollective.post #3504 of 83251/11/14 at 4:16pmpost #3505 of 83251/11/14 at 6:08pmQuote:
^ beat me to it.post #3506 of 83251/12/14 at 1:12ampost #3507 of 83251/12/14 at 1:44ampost #3508 of 83251/12/14 at 2:23ampost #3509 of 83251/12/14 at 9:20ampost #3510 of 83251/12/14 at 11:30amQuote:
I have the Schiit Modi and I dig it. I would like to try something higher end to hear the difference.
- Crack;Bottlehead OTL
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Stax Thread III 5 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 50 seconds ago
- › Dragonfly Black 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by Sam20
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Goldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by themindfreak
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear