Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12,... - Page 5

post #61 of 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFN View Post
So who'e pulling the trigger? The form factor does seems very attractive for iRiver H120/140 combo.
I think mrarroyo said that he is getting one soon. I think I'll wait for his impressions first.
post #62 of 4148
I just ordered one. Am curious how it sounds, since it is my first external amp/dac for my h140.
post #63 of 4148
Got one ordered. Here's to hoping the DAC portion is a winner....
post #64 of 4148
The DAC-chip of the D10 is the same as the one used in the iBasso D3, which, I've read, sounds great as a DAC-only. I'm looking forward to reading impressions and reviews, I'm curious how the sound signature of the amp sounds.
post #65 of 4148
Thread Starter 
I think using the dac in optical or the USB but for me the optical should be great. At least I am really looking forward to it. I should be getting one around the middle of next week.
post #66 of 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
I think using the dac in optical or the USB but for me the optical should be great. At least I am really looking forward to it. I should be getting one around the middle of next week.

Now I got to visit sysconcept to pick up a short optical cable that's toslink to miniplug. All my current cables are mini to mini.

To anyone else thinking of getting a D10 to use with an H1xx...here's a great link:

U-shape Toslink and MiniPlug short cables.
post #67 of 4148
Thread Starter 
Yes, I have used Sys.concept for a number of years. The short cables started after I asked them to make them shorter and shorter and then to eliminate the outer jacket for a better arc when bending. They are great people and go out of their way to make good quality optical cables to fit your need. I have all the different connections and the right angle adapter is great for keeping the cable close to the back of the amp/dac/source.
post #68 of 4148
Duh...I am saving dough for a Lisa III (have to find out for myself). And now this.
post #69 of 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
I have all the different connections and the right angle adapter is great for keeping the cable close to the back of the amp/dac/source.
I use the right angles as well for my "H160/MicroDAC in a bag" rig. My only concern on those is that the extra horizontal length can create some torque on the jacks if you are using it portably.

I agree Sysconcept is a great outfit and a true resource to all who aspire to go optical on the move.
post #70 of 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen68 View Post
I use the right angles as well for my "H160/MicroDAC in a bag" rig. My only concern on those is that the extra horizontal length can create some torque on the jacks if you are using it portably.

I agree Sysconcept is a great outfit and a true resource to all who aspire to go optical on the move.

Yep the right angled toslink adapter is rather huge and the torque pressure have high tendency to snap them off easily. That's why I DIYed my own very short direct U link, less prone to snapping
post #71 of 4148
This new Cobra D10 unit looks amazing! I can't wait to put it through its paces.

The quality of the units continuous to evolve, iBasso is sure coming out w/ lots of new products.
post #72 of 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrarroyo View Post
This new Cobra D10 unit looks amazing! I can't wait to put it through its paces.

The quality of the units continuous to evolve, iBasso is sure coming out w/ lots of new products.
And perhaps even a comparison with your D3?
post #73 of 4148
Sweet portable ampness! I was just about to pull the trigger on the D3 good thing i checked their web site^^ I'm looking foward for the review.
post #74 of 4148
The D10 is perfect for me since it has an optical and coax SPDIF inputs. This would allow me to listen to my DVR which has an optical and coax SPDIF outputs.
post #75 of 4148
I am so impressed by the size.. that is almost half of my HR portable 2007.
I hope I can keep my current sys-concept cable without re-caluculate

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso D10. .UPDATES 1st page, with Current Opamp Choices by HiFlight . . . images page 1, 12, 13, 14, 15, 21, 71