Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 148

post #2206 of 4044

Another interesting article on the new Denon headphones: I liked it mostly for the pictures...a few more detailed pictures to see..

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2012/05/30/denon-new-headphones-new-docks-new-look


Edited by rnconync - 7/9/12 at 12:00pm
post #2207 of 4044

11-urban-raver-in-ear.jpg

 

What's this Control Wheel they mention on the Urban Raver lineup?  First I've heard of it, maybe I missed it in the thread?  They mentioned it on the D400 as well that lights up blue.

I might be more than a little disappointed that they are putting lights in headphones over at Denon.
 

post #2208 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ham Sandwich View Post

11-urban-raver-in-ear.jpg

 

What's this Control Wheel they mention on the Urban Raver lineup?  They mentioned it on the D400 as well that lights up blue.

I might be more than a little disappointed that they are putting lights in headphones over at Denon.
post #2209 of 4044

My guess is that it is for controlling your ipod or something...but the lights part and controls I don't ever care for, something else to break and I don't use them most of the time and I certaintly wouldn't want them on a nice pair of higher end headphones messing up the looks and getting in the way and all...but I think those are aimed at a different crowd in general and all...

post #2210 of 4044

10-urban-raver-full-size.jpg

"The AH-D400 ($399), the top of the Urban Raver line, resembles the D600, but adds a blue-LED-illuminated control wheel. The preproduction model we checked out had a LOT of low end."

 

I guess I saw the blue section on the headphone and read "blue LED illuminated control wheel" and thought that blue ring was an LED-lit section of the headphone.  I really hope this control wheel is not something that lights up on the headphones.  That's what had me a little worried.

post #2211 of 4044

The Music Maniac AH-D600 looks pretty cool to me. It's a very different style than the current models, but if the sound quality is there, I'll definitely be getting those. Not like there will be much of a choice, seeing as the current models are actually going up in price.

post #2212 of 4044

me too:D the 7100 is too much...
 

post #2213 of 4044

I just can't get over how fugly they are. Placebo may make them sound like crap to me lol :P.
 

post #2214 of 4044
I dislike all of the new Denons. They are going mainstream and giving them Beat like bling which I do not care for.
post #2215 of 4044

Well that's it guys, Denon has gone mainstream!  It's all coming together.  December 21 2012 truly is the end.

post #2216 of 4044

Just bought a pair of D2000's last month and the right earphone is already dead :( Anyone else experience this? I've had this happen to crappy headphones in the past but they usually last at least a year or two. Makes me wary of purchasing any more Denon products.

 

Amazon still accepts a return but they'll only give me a refund instead of a replacement and the price of the D2000s has since gone up by $50. Anyone know how the Denon warranty process works? 

 

edit: plugged them back and turned my music down really low and both ears started working again. Turned the volume up and the right ear died again. Guess this pair is defective..


Edited by Tomed - 7/15/12 at 3:35pm
post #2217 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomed View Post

Just bought a pair of D2000's last month and the right earphone is already dead :( Anyone else experience this? I've had this happen to crappy headphones in the past but they usually last at least a year or two. Makes me wary of purchasing any more Denon products.

 

Amazon still accepts a return but they'll only give me a refund instead of a replacement and the price of the D2000s has since gone up by $50. Anyone know how the Denon warranty process works? 

 

edit: plugged them back and turned my music down really low and both ears started working again. Turned the volume up and the right ear died again. Guess this pair is defective..


Well my Denon 5000s never gave such an issue. I bet you it's just an isolated case. There is warranty for that very reason.

post #2218 of 4044

I had some Sennheisers like that, the HD540RII. I sent them in to Sennheiser and they sent me a pair back that was great, not sure but I think it was just a loose connection. I would make an inquiry to Denon.

post #2219 of 4044
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Well my Denon 5000s never gave such an issue. I bet you it's just an isolated case. There is warranty for that very reason.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

I had some Sennheisers like that, the HD540RII. I sent them in to Sennheiser and they sent me a pair back that was great, not sure but I think it was just a loose connection. I would make an inquiry to Denon.

These both. Seems surely to be fixed by them. 

post #2220 of 4044

Sooooo glad I got my D5000's when I did!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!