ZY iPhone/iPod Touch Cable/LOD
Apr 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Joe91

Head-Fier
Considering getting the ZY Touch LOD/interconnect for my new rig which is currently being upgraded. Using iPod Touch, and have RE0s and E5 on the way.

It is a bit pricey at AU $84 - but how much will the audio be improved by using the LOD?

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh come on, you aren't serious are you? A cable isn't a DSP.

that's what I was thinking, but then again, LOD cables can go anywhere from 20 - 200 USD on average. I'm still trying to figure out why there is such a vast difference in price and if the difference in quality is obvious.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's what I was thinking, but then again, LOD cables can go anywhere from 20 - 200 USD on average. I'm still trying to figure out why there is such a vast difference in price and if the difference in quality is obvious.

Now, I know my opinion is a little controversial on these forums, but with cables and LOD's at a certain level, you are not getting what you paid for. The $200+ level LOD's are simply status symbols. Spending more money on the cable to connect an iPod to an amp than the iPod itself is ludicrous at best, criminal at worst.

Oct 31, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now, I know my opinion is a little controversial on these forums, but with cables and LOD's at a certain level, you are not getting what you paid for. The $200+ level LOD's are simply status symbols. Having an 8 wire braid to connect an iPod to an amp is ludicrous at best, criminal at worst.

i've posted several questions on this today and also made a thread on it in the cables section, but never got any input on this issue. I'm actually leaning towards your thinking as well and just like my HDMI cables for my PS3, I know with a certainty that my 20 buck cable performs better than my 60 buck cable. I think the value is more for the length where quality may be lost due to the length of the cable, etc.

I have to admit that the ALO cryos and those that are wire braided tend to look better and also look as if they will last whereas some look rather frail which is what I'm concerned about. Being a portable cable that I would end up moving about from time to time worries me. But again, if there is a consensus that there isn't much difference if any at all, I'll stick with what I have. I just can't justify paying that much for it.

thanks for your opinion by the way. appreciated.

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 8
i cant decide between pure copper or a copper silver mix cry treated, i hear the pure copper will be best for bass quantity i think,, and i usually find the highs to be overpowering , so would the pure copper be a good choice for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back