Zune sq trups Zen xtra?
Mar 2, 2007 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pheonix991

500+ Head-Fier
I'm wanting a music player(not an ipoo) that also does video. But, I don't want something with worse sq than my Xtra. I've heard the zune has a very good headphone out. So, will the Zune be a worth while upgrade to my Xtra music wise? Video is mostly bonus, and not as important as music.

Mar 2, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 10
I don't own a Zen Xtra. But my Zune sounds much better than my RBed iH320. I'm noticing a lot of things now with my Zune thanks to the excellent SQ. just wow.

P.S. I never used Lossless audio on the RB H320. So, I can't comment on that. but the Zen supports lossless ?

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't own a Zen Xtra. But my Zune sounds much better than my RBed iH320. I'm noticing a lot of things now with my Zune thanks to the excellent SQ. just wow.

P.S. I never used Lossless audio on the RB H320. So, I can't comment on that. but the Zen supports lossless ?

Just wma lossless right? Is there a rockbox out yet?

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 10
No RB on the 4 months old Zune yet, maybe in 1 or 2 years.

Mar 4, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #7 of 10
I wouldn't be so concerned with Lossless... I promise you that 224 AAC on the Zune trumps lossless on an iPod by a wide margin.

Mar 4, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 10
I went directly from the Zen xtra to the Zune, so I'm pretty familiar with both, and I can say the Zune easily outperforms the Zen. The Zen gets a little louder, but the Zune sounds much cleaner and more detailed. It's also more unforgiving to low quality files, though, especially if you're listening through iems.

Mar 4, 2007 at 9:42 AM Post #9 of 10
I had a Xtra 30gb for years, untill I broke the phone jack
frown.gif
I loved it. I have only heard a Zune for a little bit, and I liked it quite a bit.

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Altoids /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went directly from the Zen xtra to the Zune, so I'm pretty familiar with both, and I can say the Zune easily outperforms the Zen. The Zen gets a little louder, but the Zune sounds much cleaner and more more detailed. It's also more unforgiving to low quality files, though, especially if you're listening through iems.

Thanks man, that helps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back