Zune software tagging problem
Jan 8, 2008 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tstarn06

Banned
So far, I have moved 8,000-plus tracks to the Zune80, but one CD, Mud Slide Slim and the Blue Horizon by James Taylor, will absolutely not load just once. Every time I disconnect the Zune and reconnect it (to sync new music using the Zune software), I get a new copy of the songs onto the Zune (which can eat up space and it also shows on the Zune menu, but NOT in the Zune software menu when I search the Zune device for the tracks). Using a small piece of great software I found on Zune forums that allows me to access the Zune as a hard drive through Windows explorer, I can manually delete the offending extra tracks (and keep it to one copy). Oh, it used to happen with some other tracks (all of Physical Graffiti Vol. 1, for one), but all of a sudden, it just stopped.

The one CD's worth of music that persists is this James Taylor CD. I tried it all. I ripped it clean, using Zune Software. No go. I ripped it using WMP11, no go. I tried retagging the files using MediaMonkey, no go. I give up. I just remove the files each time I sync new songs to the Zune.

I do noticed that while the Album title is accurate after a rip, on the Zune HD it reads as "unknown" for Album title. Wonder if there is a connection. I am baffled.

Any Zune owners, or anyone else, have any ideas?

Jan 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Jan 8, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks. Will give a whirl.

Edit: I had tried it before, and it didn't work. Still doesn't. I followed the tag changing recipe to the T, and that CD is still a problem. On others, it had happened a few times, but eventually stopped and the songs only loaded once. It's a mystery. But thanks.

Jan 9, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 6
I've had the same problem and I can't figure it out. Like you, some songs just suddenly stopped doing it, while others persist. I've tried everything, and nothing works. Any chance you know the URL for the software that lets you access the Zune's HD? I can't stand having 50 or so of the same songs. xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back