Zune 80 vs Creative Vision M??
Dec 2, 2007 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nickoteen

New Head-Fier
Ok I have an unopened brand new 30GB Creative Vision M here.Its unopened because Im not sure if Im going to keep it.Im debating selling it for a Zune 80.
How does the Zune 80 compare to the Vision M in terms of sound quality? Also when will the Zune 80 be available in Canada? Also is there an american website that sells Zune 80's that will ship to Canada?

thanks!

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 4
I own them both, the Zune 80 came today. After some software crashes, I got all 30 GB of music onto the Zune, and I have to say, with my MiniboxE+, PK1s and the Zune, it's a better SQ than the ZVM. And the Zune, even without an EQ, opens up a real new appreciation for my Atrios. They add the right low end to the Zune sound sig.

Of course, that means the Zune is less forgiving on less-than-quality rips (I did a lot of stuff at 96WMA for the ZVM). So now I have to re-rip some things, but no biggie. I will take my time. No less than 192 will do, but I may go to 256 or 320 VBR.

Dec 4, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 4
I would put my Zune 80 ahead of my ZVM for SQ. It was immediately apparent the sound was far more open and clear using my Shure E4s. Bass is better than flat eq for the ZVM.

Much thinner, longer audio battery life, GIANT screen with much better viewing angle. Nice interface, etc. Great podcast support, all integrated with easy subscription in the Zune software (most are free). H264 and mpeg 4 native hardware support...but no divx

Lots of pros vs ZVM...not to mention 80GB vs 30GB!

but some cons as well.

1. No EQ means you can't compensate for deficiencies in equipment or "suit to taste". So far I am not missing it at all, it just sounds great.

2. While the Zune software gives some great features, like wifi sync (combine this with a dock in another room and you can pretty much make a media delivery device updated wirelessly from a PC elsewhere), and the integrated podcasts....the Zune isn't a mass storage device or even a MTP device like the Zune...no drag and drop outside of the Zune software.

3. less features...no divx, no delete on the go, no custom themes, just backgrounds, no mic.

All in all very happy with it. But not every single thing is an improvement. The video watching and extra space I bought it for are huge steps, but I also gained better SQ and podcasts along the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back