Zune 8 vs 3rd Gen iPod 8g
Apr 17, 2008 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

audiomagnate

1000+ Head-Fier
The Zune is winning the war in terms of value on eBay. I'm going to take a hit to make a switch to a Zune 8. Doesn't that say it all?

I bought the nano, my first Apple product since an ancient Macintosh, on Woot on impulse and I'm not all that happy with it. I'm into podcasts and my Zune 30 is much better at syncing (wirelessly no less) podcasts. Do I really have to eject the nano before I disconnect it? How lame. I only have to dock my Zune about once a week to recharge, but when I do I don't have to eject it. When I transferred my music to iTunes, all in WAV, about one tenth made it over, and there are lots of clicks in the recordings. And almost no album art transferred over, so much for "cover flow." Am I missing something?

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #3 of 5
No, you don;'t have to eject the iPod. I never did at least.

Personally, I really like the Zune with the exception of the PC side Zune software. However, the Zune itself has the best UI out there as far as the player itself goes. Good sound quality, and great controls I think its a winner if you can stand the zune software.

Apr 17, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 5
I really like the new Zune software, and didn't have a problem with the old software. EDIT: I just did a simultaneous sync, wireless on the Zune, and the iPod did'n grab the new Daily Giz Wiz the Zune did. I'm done with this toy, although I like the metal and the form factor.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Uhm, since this is a Zune 8 vs ipod 8 thread, I have a question: Currently I have a DIY CMOY headamp and an sr225. I find it sounds a little bright for me (in some songs only, but it is still quite annoying). I am thinking of buying DAP. My choices are: sony a818, zune 8g and ipod nano 8g. Which one is more suitable for me? I dont have any plan for upgrading or buying anything else at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back