zune 30 or zen
Apr 17, 2008 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

stfupid

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm new and I was wondering which mp3 player is better overall, the zune 30 or zen. I've seen people saying that the zen SQ is terrible, while others think its great. The only gripes I have with the zune over the zen is the size, available media formats, lack of an SD slot, and the battery life is supposedly shorter than the zen, but after seeing people complain about the zen's SQ makes me skeptical to buy it. I wouldn't say I'm an audophile, but I do appreciate good SQ, but can't manage a custom EQ to save my life. I also plan to listen to alternative rock and electronica without an amp.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 2
The SD card slot on the Zen is not intergrated, so you have to select it from the menu inorder to pick the songs on the SD card.

If the Zune does not support music format that is in you library, then look else where(same goes for the Zen) and battery life depends on you. Are you going to need to listen to music for around 12hr containous? If not, do not get the Zune.

SQ from Creative tends to be better than average but the Zune is known for the better SQ as well. Video on both are just as restrictive since the Zen will most likly need converted vids, same as the Zune, but the zune has a bigger sceen(Thus also bigger)

In the end, it is about how u use it and for what. I would pick the Zune since I love big screen players and almost all my musics are in mp3 and I do not watch vids on a DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back