Zune 120 TV Out with Zune Home A/V Pack
Jul 6, 2009 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ANGELSS

Head-Fier
I just got a Zune 120 to replace my stolen Classic 80. Thanks to the deal at Best Buy, I got the Zune Home A/V Pack for free with the purchase. I cannot find out how to get the TV out to work.

I hook up the composite cable to the back of the dock and then to the TV. I then dock the Zune and got to settings -->Display --> TV out. It then says "To return display to Zune, hold play/pause to turn Zune off, then press any button to turn it back on". I press ok and the screen goes black on the Zune, but there is no video on the TV.
confused_face(1).gif

Help Please!

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 8
First
- are you changing the source of input in your TV set ?
Depending of the numbers of inputs your TV has you can see AV1, AV2, SVHS, etc. Consult your TV manual.

- Determine what is the video output cable from the composite cable Change the cables on your TV
after you find the input on your TV set, next you must find what is the video in for that specific input on your TV set. Colors of of the cable head should match with the color of the RCA connector on your TV but there are exceptions.

manuals for AV Pack:
http://www.zune.net/en-US/support/setupmanuals.htm

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 8
First of all, Thanks for replying
icon10.gif

Apparently, I can only get the composite video/audio to come out of the headphone jack and not through the dock. I made sure the switch on the back of the dock was in the correct position.

I can only get audio, not video, out of the dock using the composite cable.

This leads me to believe that I can only use the component outputs on the dock if I want to get video using the dock.

Maybe the Zune 120 only outputs component video out of the dock. And it can only output composite video out of the headphone jack.

EDIT: And yes I did follow your suggestions and the instructions in the manual.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 8
I use the composite and HP out to connect to my TV w/the Zune V2 dock, no problems.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the composite and HP out to connect to my TV w/the Zune V2 dock, no problems.

Hmm, IDK. I cant get mine to output video from the dock using the composite jack on the dock itself. Only audio. I have not tried the component outs as I do not have component cables readily handy.

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #6 of 8
weird. is your TV set to NTSC ?

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
weird. is your TV set to NTSC ?

I don't know. I have a Samsung Tube TV, a Samsung LCD TV, and a Mitsubishi Tube TV and all were bought in the USA. I tried all 3 TVs.

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #8 of 8
ok. There is a switch hidden behind a cover on the back of the dock. Check the setting of this switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back