Zu or Silver Moon - Advice needed
Oct 23, 2004 at 8:39 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stryker
Tom,

What does much better built mean in terms of specifics?

Also, I read some people's posts that the Zu was less manageable and more microphonic than the SD. That was from a very few posts as few people have had the chance (opportunity, motivation, interest) to extensively listen to both.

I've seen the plug that goes into the phones break off on the SD while we were using it here to compare with the Zu. The way they tried to make it flexible is where it broke at. IMO not a very good idea. At first the Zu may seem stiffer in appearance. But after using it and since using the blue dragon for the past couple weeks they just keep rewinding up into there little ball. You end up having to twist and turn your phones alot compared to the Zu to get it straight.
All this said the SD is still a very good sounding cable. Just not as natural sounding as the Zu to my ears. The Zu makes the HD650 do its thing to a much greater level without changing the overall sound of the headphone. I think you guys should also keep the Equinox in mind for the HD650 also.

Oct 23, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
never tried silver dragon...but i want to add that zu mobius is really stiff and unmanagable. i would be really surprised if the silver dragon is even worse.

Its not so much a stiffer issue as it is the SD just goes where it wants. I'm not trying to make the SD out to be a bad cable. It is good. I just think its not as good the Zu with the 650. It just sounds a little to bright and a little to artificial. This is just my impression of the cables when compared to each other. I like the warmer but more detailed Zu.

Nov 1, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by stryker
A cable is NOT going to change the signature sound of these headphones.

(mo) aftermarket cables change by a good margin the sound of the hd650

Users who are viewing this thread

Back