ZMFestivus 2018: Chicago 2018 Impressions
Dec 12, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #31 of 39
I have seen a few people mention they prefer Aeolus (or Auteur) over Verite. Kind of calls into question the pricing of Verite?

I actually had the opposite experience. Even after hearing the abyss, MDR R10, HE-1K, Utopia, etc, i found the Verite to be the best headphone ive ever heard. Ill skip in depth impressions as you could find it elsewhere, but to me the bass was just on another level. While the upper mids and treble were a bit sharp on me they were extremely detailed without sacrificing a relatively thick warmth.

The Aeolus seemed like a sharper, and more watered down version of the atticus to me. Its more extended on each side but the deep richness of the atticus is what makes me love it, and the aeolus just isnt as good at that.

I agree with everyone on the show. It was a fantastic time and the people were all great. I look forward to next year!

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #33 of 39
Dec 13, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #34 of 39
Here were my overall impressions of the event, in video format.
Thanks for the impressions. I could pretty much repeat for myself everything you said. It was great to meet you!

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:21 AM Post #35 of 39
More than a little late to the thread... Had a great time meeting folks and listening to/learning about different equipment. It did make me somewhat more focused on finding the right DAP for my CIEMs, which I feel like is going to get expensive. Trying out the MDR-R10 was delightful (as was meeting Ray Samuels, who was kind enough to let folks give them a go.) Those were honestly the headphone highlight for me, although I tried out plenty of setups. As others have noted, the people there were all wonderful to talk to, and Zach and Bevin did a spectacular job with the event.

Dec 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #37 of 39
Here were my overall impressions of the event, in video format.

Read the description for time stamps/topics, but coverage of the actual event is "5:49 - 12:57".
Stuff before that is mostly intended for non-head-fi followers, in case they have no clue what I'm talking about when I mention this site/forum.

Awesome video dude, keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing info about the event and what cool people the ZMF crew are. I had a chance to meet them both briefly at the last two SoCal CanJams and it was immediately apparent that they’re authentic people and passionate about what they’re producing for us all. That goes such a long way with me. I don’t own a ZMF headphone yet but it’s at the top of my want list! I will feel proud putting my money into such a solid company and the people behind it.

Dec 30, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #39 of 39
Came across this on Zach and thought I would share.

Great stuff, thanks for sharing. I also happen to have an affinity for guitars (specifically vintage) and strongly believe in the value of certain woods and the overall construction and materials playing into the uniqueness of each instrument’s tone. I wonder how many others on the forum are also guitar nuts. Makes sense there’s some crossover interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back