ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 6, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #6,241 of 6,245
Americana and bluegrass are some genres I wouldn't listen to in my younger days. Atrium has sort of broaden my musical perspective and appreciation for a lot of different genres that I previously wasn't that much interested in. For me at least, good audio can aid in exploring music. I don't need good audio to enjoy music at all, it just boosts the experience so much. Just some Monday night ramblings!

Atrium + strings is a killer combination.

OCMS is def a gateway into the more obscure Country and Americana stuff.

You'll be listening to David Allen Coe and Townes Van Zandt in no time.

May 6, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #6,243 of 6,245
How do i differentiate between Auteur pads and Universe pads for AO? I can identify easily if its Universe vs BE2 or Auteur vs BE2 but i have a hard time differentiating Auteur vs Universe
The Universe pads are almost flat, where as the Auteur pads have an angle to them.

Also if you go to the ZMF store page, they list the dimensions of each pad.

May 7, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #6,245 of 6,245
Got the caldera pads yesterday and they sound very good, I listened for about 5-6 hours so far. I saw some people say they are similar to the Be2 suede pad, but i am not sure i agree. They have more treble than the Be2 suedes to my ears (still not fatiguing), and the horizontal staging is quite a bit wider, the Be2 suedes are definitely more intimate sounding.

Getting them on was a little harder than the other pads i have tried (be2's, universes, auteur) but ultimately not a problem.

Comfort is excellent for me, I had some issues with the Bokeh pads, which are similar to the caldera pads, but the caldera pads are a little larger and deeper, no issues with the comfort at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back