Zippo Amp?
Mar 31, 2004 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
I know this opens a can of worms on the whole legality of Mint tins thing, but.....

Has anyone tried/thought/succeeded in fitting a Xin Super Micro, really cut down CMoy into a Zippo lighter case?

Cameras fit in Zippos too...
007camera-front.jpg

-Ed

Mar 31, 2004 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 7
airport security will have fun with that if it can be done

Mar 31, 2004 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

airport security will have fun with that if it can be done

take the bus
wink.gif

And yes it can be done

i have seen where members have constructed headphone amps in 9 volt battery cases so this should be easy

what I would like to see is a headphone amp in a pen

now THAT would be cool !

not something i would want or use but still high on the cool factor scale

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #5 of 7
I managed to fit everything in a 9V battery case- the amp, input/output jacks, switch, and 6V power supply. It was not easy, though.... at all.

The power supply is the most limiting of all. If you just stick in those little watch batteries, yes, you can get a decent amount of voltage, but you won't have enough current to keep the amp powered for more than a few hours, and the volume won't be very loud anyway. Perhaps a few of the cell batteries in parallel or something... but it is not easy to do.

Apr 1, 2004 at 1:06 AM Post #6 of 7
some of the new AD chips use a miniscule amount of power while outputting large amounts of current

i assume the output stage is Class B (cmos) and i can not testify as to how it sounds but there are options out there

just needs someone to take the hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back