Zipo Tins
Apr 3, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 10
Fresno Bob:
Thanks for a great source for a hard to find item... especially since Zippo has stopped putting their cheaper lighters in the nice metal tins, and gone to using wierd plastic junk boxes.

I wish people would share their tin resources more often... sadly, the coolest tins usually are incidental finds, at the thrift store down the street, etc.

Regards,
Sermon

Apr 3, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 10
I've found that after a few months of use, the finish starts to wear off of the tins, but for that price, you can always have a new one
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2005 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Now how about trying to cram an amp inside a Zippo Lighter?

-Ed

Someone built a CMOY using SMT components. It was the size of a postage stamp
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrix_2k
Someone built a CMOY using SMT components. It was the size of a postage stamp
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, that wouldn't be too hard (hey! You could have the flint wheel control the volume...). The real trick would do it in such a way that the lighter still works.

Apr 5, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Yeah, that wouldn't be too hard (hey! You could have the flint wheel control the volume...). The real trick would do it in such a way that the lighter still works.

I don't think lighter fluid, a flint, and electronics should ever go together. Especially in something that you'll be carrying in your pocket.
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by errorich
I don't think lighter fluid, a flint, and electronics should ever go together. Especially in something that you'll be carrying in your pocket.
eek.gif

That sounds like a challenge to me.

--Later--

Hahahaha, I guess I showed you, now all I need to do is turn it on and... OH GOD IT BURNS IT BURNS!!! WHY WON'T THE FLAMES DIE OUT!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back