zipconnect help
Aug 2, 2009 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gbrothers

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have never posted on this site but am hoping that you will be able to help me. I have an iJoy Massage Chair with built in speakers. There is a 3.5mm jack to connect my mp3 player to. The problem is that the 3.5mm jack was ripped off and now I just have the cable. I would like to connect a new 3.5mm jack to the cable but I do not have any clue of how to do it. There are six wires: 2 gold, 2 red, and 2 blue or green. It may also help to know that the chair has one left and right speaker and a subwoofer. I really appreciate any help that you guys can give me. One more thing, the cable is in a plastic case that is called a zipconnect model UY9001. I think it is from the sharper image. Thanks

Aug 2, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 3
you will need to buy:
a plug.
a soldering iron.
solder.
look at the how to interconnect thread
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/how...ep-pics-50729/

the wires must be doubled, because there are only three conductors on a 3.5mm connector.
I would just touch the wires to the bare connector to figure out which channel is which.
the green is probably the ground.

EDIT: actually, it would probably be easier to find a pair of broken headphones, and take the plug off of that..
then just strip the wires and twist the correct ones together, and heatshrink them.
It's not like audio quality matters withs omething like that

Aug 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 3
thanks Nullstring, I tried your second suggestion awhile ago and if I remember correctly there were only two wires or two pairs or wires so I didn't know what to do with the 3rd pair. They were the cheapest headphones I could find so maybe a more expensive pair would have the third pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back