Zero7 - where's the buzz???
Jul 2, 2002 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kronsteen

New Head-Fier
I recently discovered Zero7's album "Simple Things" and can't believe I have not heard about it until now! How did this slip under the radar? Why isn't every critic raving about this - it's great stuff! If I had to describe Zero7, I'd say it's like Portishead on Methadone. I ran a search of the archives and found only two threads that mention the group. More people need to check this out - highly recommended!

Enjoy,
Kronsteen
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 6
I've heard a lot about Zero 7, they have been interviewed on Going Coastal and are relatively well known here in Vancouver. (Though by no means at all could they be considered mainstream)

They still don't have the recognition they deserve but they're slowly starting to get a bit more exposure. My sister saw them play a live show downtown and said they are really amazing. They're known for doing really great live shows, so if they come by where you live any time soon I'd suggest trying to make it there.

What surprises me though is that I have heard ''Simple Things'' mentioned quite a bit, but I haven't heard a single thing about "Another Late Night".

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver...itemid=1499652

Jul 3, 2002 at 5:14 AM Post #5 of 6
Zero 7 is my favorite sun is going down drinking a beer cd. The "up all night" cd didn't get very good reviews so I think I'll wait for their next venture. Unless sapphirem, you heard that cd?
Buy the way, can anyone identify the clicking clacking sound on the second half of "give it away?"
md

Jul 3, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Buy the way, can anyone identify the clicking clacking sound on the second half of "give it away?"

My guess is that it's the sound of Allan Simpson's fingers as they move along the guitar fret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back