Zero DAC/Amp + HDAM problems
Mar 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Hybrys

Headphoneus Supremus
So, I've been having problems with this stupid unit since I got it from someone on Head-fi.

The HDAM doesn't work properly, the volume pot smells like it's BURNING, and the sound is only single channel (mono).

Anyone able to help me out, or tell me what the hell is going on?

Edit: It's the old, non-USB one. Going from the optical out onboard, but also tested with a PS3.

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxbaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got a non-USB Zero with an HDAM that works perfectly. Pics would be very helpful in this situation.

There's really nothing to take a picture of. I'm currently using the stock opamp, inserted correctly (triple checked, circle dip toward the back), and everything looks normal... o.O

If you still feel you'd like pics, I'll open it up again and snap a few.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 7
Sorry if I'm reading something wrong, but do you get the same problem with the stock op amp?

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthecheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if I'm reading something wrong, but do you get the same problem with the stock op amp?

Yes, the same problems persist with the stock opamps, aswell as two other compatible opamps that the seller included in the package.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #6 of 7
This again, but now the optical input just popped off. Getting a little angry about this shoddy made product. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back