Yuin PK1s or save up for MS-2i?
Feb 18, 2008 at 8:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iMoMo

New Head-Fier
I have the MS1 now... and I absolutely love the sound. Am thinking of upgrading to MS-2i... but then along the way got tempted by the PK1s... so now kinda confused as to if I should go for the PK1s or save the money for MS-2i instead... please enlighten me!

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by iMoMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the MS1 now... and I absolutely love the sound. Am thinking of upgrading to MS-2i... but then along the way got tempted by the PK1s... so now kinda confused as to if I should go for the PK1s or save the money for MS-2i instead... please enlighten me!

In my opinion, I have preferred 325i over MS2i; I have gotten MS2i because it was cheaper for me to get (170$ used from my good friend). I find it very uncomfortable due to sheer weight of these 'phones.
I have gone through SR80->SR225->MS2i. MS2i may be too balanced if you're looking for that aggressive grado sound. When upgrading, I would recommend going for highest possible upgrade - it saves you money in the long term. Skip MS-2i, if you can, and go for RS1 (which is what I'm planning to do). However, I recommend going to DT880 instead, if you have a decent amp, as it's more versitile and better sounding while the price is cheaper (can be had for around 200$).

I am most likely getting rid of MS-2i soon and replacing it with a pair of livewires for portable use.

I hope that helped, and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back