YouTube music in flac?
Sep 12, 2023 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SLAFL

New Head-Fier
So I have a question... I found quite a few fun songs on YouTube (I have a premium) but say I want to support the artist and pay for and download same song in flac/wav 16/44.1 format so I can listen to it offline on the main rig? I know places like Juno or Bandcamp but their listing is limited tbh. Say stuff like:

or

or

Don't really like Apple Music but even then, is the format in Apple Music uncompressed? What about soundcloud?
So say: https://music.apple.com/us/artist/layto/1166420745 or what is actually quality of the file there? (at least on Juno they list formats)... Anybody has any experience with these?

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 2
qobuz?

I've no experience with these streaming services but it seems you can either subscribe or buy/download individual tracks (not sure why it's showing Swedish currency on my end) in either CD quality (16-Bit 44.1 kHz) or Hi-Rez (24-Bit 44.1 kHz). YouTube uses audio codec Opus (VBR) <=160 Kbps 48 kHz, which is an improvement from the previous codec. It's not audiophile quality but I'm grateful nevertheless. I guess for fun you could download the 16-Bit/24-Bit files and then compare them to the YT files to see if you can actually tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back