Your Opinion Please of "1.FM Club" through SHOUTcast.com
Apr 24, 2008 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

1Time

Headphoneus Supremus
Would like your opinion of how the music sounds from this internet radio station. Please post your system and opinion. Thanks

Here's mine:

System:
SHOUTcast > WINAMP (EQ adjusted) > HotUSB1 > uAMP107B > HD580

Opinion:
It sounds pretty freggin incredible.

You can stream this internet radio station with WINAMP by clicking on the following link.

http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutc...e=filename.pls

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #2 of 3
lol, Yes it does sound incredible, I use the HotUSB1 of course
smily_headphones1.gif
and just a modified set of surplus headphones ($5.99) with modified cables, which by the way made a HUGE difference just putting in a better cable into the headphones.... It seems to make a HUGE difference of what station you're listening to too as far as the sound quality goes, even if they have the same bitrate. Strange but true
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotaudio40 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to make a HUGE difference of what station you're listening to too as far as the sound quality goes, even if they have the same bitrate. Strange but true
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, it does. I'm guessing these differences are explained at least in part by the way the radio stations compress the music to a given bit rate. I remember listening to my usual station one day and then the next all the songs sounded noticeably better but at the same bit rate. Some stations are louder than others too.

So what I've learned to get the best out of my internet radio listening, is to use a different EQ preset for each station. Takes some time to tweak the EQ, but it's worth it. Of course there's more variability in quality with the songs on some stations, so I end up tweaking the EQ a little more with them.

Thanks for your reply hotaudio40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back