Your favourite accessory
Nov 7, 2003 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Whats your favourite accessory?

It can be anything audio related but let's exclude Headphones and Headphone Amps as we talk about them every day.

Mine is my Minidisc Titling Unit.

rm-d10p.jpg

Back in the days before net minidisc and before Minidisc Decks has PS2 keyboard connectors, if you wanted to label a Minidisc that you had written you had to do it very laboriously using eith the handset or the buttons on the machine itself.

This remote keyboard took some of the wear and tear off the machine and significantly speeded up the labeling process.

I remember first seeing this in a SONY INSIDE catalogue. When I enquired about buying one I was told that I couldn't due to it being illegal to use in this country. Apparently it's wavelength clashed with some other frequency that was already allocated so Sony were stopped from selling them here.

I finally got mine when I ordered it with a company in Seattle, WA. It cost me something like $40 USD and then the customs stung me for another $90 USD for import duty so it was hardly a cheap item for me.

Overall it's been a great toy to play with. Although with the advent of Net MD it's become a little redundant.

So what toys does everybody else like?

BTW, I just checked and the price was $75 not $40.

Nov 7, 2003 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 9
I've had this one for more than 8 years and it's become indispensable. I can't recall how much I paid, but it was more than this site has it for (got mine at a Tokyo department store in Yen).

Nov 7, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #3 of 9
wallet2.jpg

I am also quite fond of my Energizer ER-DVD portable DVD player battery. It measures 6" x 3 & 1/2" x 3/4". It extends the battery life of my portable DVD player's built-in battery by 5 hours for a total of about 8 hours. It cost $99 at Best Buy and comes with 4 different adaptor tips for various player models. Other tips are also available from the Energizer website.

en1.jpg

And you gotta love the three green and one red LEDS for checking battery life
smily_headphones1.gif

en2.jpg

Nov 9, 2003 at 6:17 AM Post #7 of 9
Tough choice: I think I'd have to say the Glass Heads!

(JMedeiros: LOL!; the ultimate accessory.)

Nov 9, 2003 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
wallet2.jpg

Wow. Look at all those greenbacks
biggrin.gif
I know where to come next time I need a sub
wink.gif

Nov 9, 2003 at 4:23 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
My Wallet's Case; the thing the wallet came in, I keep my 1/4" adapters, Toslink plugs and adapters, etc. in it. It's really useful.

You probably already know this but the plastic case that the Chord Co use to ship their interconnects, was designed to be reusable and in fact was specifically designed to the exact size to take 3 CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back