Votes: 3 23.1%
  • DT880 600ohm (teehee)

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 8, 2021 at 5:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

500+ Head-Fier
And review(very badly)
Last review on vote for Bas X A-100, movies review and 6XX(also voted on) coming soon ITT
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bas-x-a-100-vs-schiit-magni-3-dt990-600-ohm.951653/
No comments so hopefully it's not that bad but I would love some critique(honestly destroy me idgaf)

Cut to the chase

Sundara vs Argon Mk3 (T50RP)

will buy whichever one wins and review on Bas X and Schiit Magni 3, as well as VS the DT990 600ohm and 6XX

Honorable mention vote DT880 600ohm

let's be honest the most expensive stuff wins and everybody knows the difference between 880 and 990, and I personally know the Bas X is miles better than the Schiit Magni 3 for 600ohms so case closed, but maybe a few vote for it so I would like to see whooo

Obviously if argons win it will be at least a few months but figured I would get it out of the way

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 9
When you are excited to purchase your new guilt free Sundara's and then see that thread that says they are just an upgrade of HE-400i's that were selling for $120 a couple of weeks ago

I mean all headphones are just upgrade r-r-right guise

in all seriousness tho I'll let thread go on a few more days then buy, a bit surprised by votes but thank you sincerely everyone who does vote, Sundara's are indeed exciting prospect, will I get my first (and amazing)Planars this week?

edit--aaaaannnndddd tie, didn't expect 880's to go that far plz votttteee T I E B R E A K E R

E2 -SUNDARRRRRAAAAAAA

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 9
OK, SO I didn't vote this time.... honestly though last time it worked out for the best, at some point I was regretting not putting up the AEON OPEN X up here but these are clearly a great deal @ $350, and with the AEON 13ohm impedance the chance I blow them up with my Bas X is sky ****ing high... lmaoooooo

anyway waiting until my new card arrives in the post (got some points for an ebay offer I need to spend) and then I am going to swoop my brand new pair of

HIFIMAN SUNDARAS and put them up against the 6XX which competes with senns in the realm of the same cost and the DT990 which I have heard is 80-90% as good as the 1990

on a totally unrelated note thank you everyone who voted, and this has alleviated much stress since FedEx is screwing up a simple delivery for almost a week now and USPS has LOST MY PACKAGE for 2 weeks, both for business so I am just otherwise stressed since that is my personality type so retail therapy and GOOD HEADPHONES have helped a lot

BUT NOW I GET TO PLAY WIF MY NEW AMP AND ME NEW 6XX AND NEW SUNDARA

->next vote???? argons vs 880???? tube amp??? newbie builds a bottlehead crack??? headphones from the bass headphone list???
who the flip knows, got a suggestion PM ME!
should I just have bought a HD800s -> I will tell you in about a year
YOLO

EDIT- I see people still voting :O I have put in order but there may be a problem and I didn't want to pay order twice but if it does not go thru and something else wins votes by then I can get that simply to honor the vote!

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 9
WHOA Hifiman just gave me a really really great deal..... not going to say how much but in the interest of fairness when I review the Sundara vs the 6XX & DT990 I will disclose, but a very nice person gave me a special 1 off price after I spent a very long time to explain the situation of how I came to buy these and what I plan to do with them! But I am not just here to brag. You can actually get a nice little discount yourself since Hifiman is doing a winter sale!

20201224094544_83693.jpg

thinking about also getting the TWS600, $50 for wireless, sweat proof, and like what over 40 hours of battery with CASE RECHARGER!... but this might be a hard sell to buy EVEN MORE because I just got a SCHIIT MODI so I could add to my growing stack! ( I know, I know I didn't do a vote.... but actually another user gave me a very great deal on that out of the blue sooooo....)

6XX expected to ship today (12th we will see how drop does)
Sundara (THANK YOU HIFIMAN :p) on the way
Schiit Modi ON THE WAY

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 9
Wow, just got them.... when I heard the DT990's a few months ago, my first audiophile tier headphone, it was like hearing music for the first time, my Bas X was a reoccurrence of this to a lesser extent... but the sundaras.... wow. I just can't explain why but they instantly made me smile. The are so, balanced, and present like the 990's but in a more subtle way, probably due to the difference in curves... The build quality, I mean I don't have much to compare it to but if you told me they where $500 I would agree. The case and headband and a bit dinky but the rest is just solid..

By the way I just talked to a Sundara rep and they have open box units in the USA now, which means with the discount code + open box you can get a pair of Sundara's with a 1 year warranty (and i'm assuming used less than 30 days) for $270

for the ~$200 I paid for my set it's an absolute steal and I would have gladly paid full price if I had to! 6XX and review coming soon!
sundara.jpg
sundara2.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #7 of 9
And review(very badly)
Last review on vote for Bas X A-100, movies review and 6XX(also voted on) coming soon ITT
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bas-x-a-100-vs-schiit-magni-3-dt990-600-ohm.951653/
No comments so hopefully it's not that bad but I would love some critique(honestly destroy me idgaf)

Cut to the chase

Sundara vs Argon Mk3 (T50RP)

will buy whichever one wins and review on Bas X and Schiit Magni 3, as well as VS the DT990 600ohm and 6XX

Honorable mention vote DT880 600ohm

let's be honest the most expensive stuff wins and everybody knows the difference between 880 and 990, and I personally know the Bas X is miles better than the Schiit Magni 3 for 600ohms so case closed, but maybe a few vote for it so I would like to see whooo

Obviously if argons win it will be at least a few months but figured I would get it out of the way
BasX is too loud and can ruin your ears.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 9
BasX is too loud and can ruin your ears.
haha that is true, I have decided to use it so eventually I can have the DT880's 600ohms and DT990 600ohms though I would rather have those two and the amp for the price of the 1990's as I think they will hold their value better in the long run, also got it for argons, my 6XX and sundaras will not be plugged into it ever really/

Who knows I have been thinking of getting some nice speakers in the future and love the idea of being able to get headphones whether cheap or amazing quality that some others cannot have by owning the Bas X, that being said I love my DT990's so 880's are low on my want list, not sure if I will do another poll again I may just get argons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back