you guys ahve done it again
Jul 23, 2005 at 1:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
Man i get the feeling i'm gonna go broke after hanging around here too long. The random chance of me finding this website has already convinced me to pick up a pair of ms1s and a cmoy amp (i don't ahve alot of spare cash to work with so i go for the best bang for the buck). Now you got me all concerned about my computer sound. So tell me, is my current audigy 2 with the cmoy and my ms1s gonna sound really nice or would it be worthwhile to pick up a new sound card. I've also heard talk of an external dac....does it really help that much. I know there's a behringer one for a decent price. Would i get significantly better sound form a different card or a dac. I pretty much do all of my listening while at the comp so i'd like it to be real nice. yet not overly expensive.

Jul 23, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 4
The Audigy should be OK sounding but won't excel in terms of soundstage or dynamics. Luckily you already have an amp, which makes things easy: Chaintech AV-710 (alt output, i.e. ch 7/8). (This is also the cheapest option to get unresampled digital output if you want to connect an external DAC later.) If you'd like to spend a bit more than 25 bucks, a 0404 wouldn't be a bad option, which can approach the 80$ mark. I don't know which of the better-quality Envy24HT/GT cards are available to you, some of these may be an option when priced in between.

Jul 23, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Going from an Audigy to an E-Mu soundcard was one of the biggest upgrades I have experienced since joining head-fi.

Jul 23, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 4
cool, thanx for the advice. Maybe next month. I'm trying to limit myself to under $150 spending on luxury items. So it'll have to wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back