You don't have to love your country or culture
Feb 2, 2016 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
From time to time, I will hear about an Italian who has no interest in Italy or the same thing with a French, Irish, Chinese, Brazilian or American person who says that they don't really like their own country or region.

There is nothing wrong with not having an interest in your own country or region.

Why?

Because you are unique and you are special. You do not have to conform to what others are thinking. You can be an Italian person who has an interest in Korea or vice versa. You can be a New Yorker who loves California instead. You do not have to be stereotyped just because you were born in that county or region. You can have your own favorite cultures and styles.

If you do love your country or region, that's a good thing but you can also bypass that if you want. Or you can have no love for any country, region or culture and have no opinion or just simply be a lover of Earth.

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Earth loving is good. As long as it stays platonic. I was visiting shops sometime around New Year's, and in one shop I had the (dis)pleasure of purveying their range of recycled-poop products.

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 5
From time to time, I will hear about an Italian who has no interest in Italy or the same thing with a French, Irish, Chinese, Brazilian or American person who says that they don't really like their own country or region.

There is nothing wrong with not having an interest in your own country or region.

Why?

Because you are unique and you are special. You do not have to conform to what others are thinking. You can be an Italian person who has an interest in Korea or vice versa. You can be a New Yorker who loves California instead. You do not have to be stereotyped just because you were born in that county or region. You can have your own favorite cultures and styles.

If you do love your country or region, that's a good thing but you can also bypass that if you want. Or you can have no love for any country, region or culture and have no opinion or just simply be a lover of Earth.
Abso-freaking-lutely genius. Transitory, random thoughts. Are you listening to music when considering these ideas? I seem to have an occasional epiphany but then I forget what it was. Sigh.

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 5
I was just listening to some random classical music from Youtube on cheap plastic $25 computer speakers which I actually enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back